ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would have thought Palmieri or Zajac, but maybe those guys didn't want it. Either way, the coaching staff knows these guys better than we do anyway.

Lots of passing by the Rangers on the power play. Zap must be going crazy 😜 until.............goal by Kreider

Reactions: zappaa
Laff with a huge goal. Now Ryan Strome. Love the new lines.

Devils played down to Buffalo. Congratulations to Nico, the right choice. Very sorry to hear about Kakko he has at least one comorbiditie, Celiac disease, hope he will be okay soon.

I would have given the C to Zajac. Nico is too young for it.
I don't get how he's too young for it, if you're a leader, you're a leader, age helps but this kid is born with it and you want him and our young players to take that next step together, plus take into account how young this team is, he's not going to be residing over a locker room of grizzly veterans.

I don't get how he's too young for it, if you're a leader, you're a leader, age helps but this kid is born with it and you want him and our young players to take that next step together, plus take into account how young this team is, he's not going to be residing over a locker room of grizzly veterans.

Would it hurt to give it to Zajac for a season, then hand over the reigns next year?

I'll bet they look up to Zajac im that room, a pro's pro

Would it hurt to give it to Zajac for a season, then hand over the reigns next year?

That's kind of a weird question, who does anything because it doesn't hurt, you do things because they will succeed.

Wow, the Lake Tahoe game got postponed till midnight because of the sun, that's some egg on the the fact of Bettman.

They're going to have to bring in lights for this to happen it sounds like.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan

But then what do you do if they re-sign Zajac? Take it away from him and tell him that the plan all along was for him to only wear the C for one season? Like I said, the coaches have a much better sense of who the leaders are than we do. They are at every practice, in the locker room before, during, and after every game. They see these guys every day. We are at none of that.

Wow, the Lake Tahoe game got postponed till midnight because of the sun, that's some egg on the the fact of Bettman.

They're going to have to bring in lights for this to happen it sounds like.
Eh no big deal, this has happened at least once or twice before with these outdoor games.

Reactions: Devilsfan118
I think Nico got the C in part, because both Zajac and Palms are trade candidates if the good start proves to be a mirage. Zajac would have been traded last year if he agreed to it. Hockey is not like other team sports, the C is important. I think that is why teams leave it vacant, rather than have stopgap choices. Nico is one of the few Devils that could very well be a Devil 10 years from now.

Reactions: Devilsfan118
Eh no big deal, this has happened at least once or twice before with these outdoor games.
The game is not going to be played till midnight eastern time and it won't be on NBC unless they preempt SNL. They should have had lights up from the get go just in case this happened, then you wait just a couple hours and start it up again.

Reactions: TM94goRU
But then what do you do if they re-sign Zajac? Take it away from him and tell him that the plan all along was for him to only wear the C for one season? Like I said, the coaches have a much better sense of who the leaders are than we do. They are at every practice, in the locker room before, during, and after every game. They see these guys every day. We are at none of that.

Don't re-sign Zajac

The game is not going to be played till midnight eastern time and it won't be on NBC unless they preempt SNL. They should have had lights up from the get go just in case this happened, then you wait just a couple hours and start it up again.
Did they say the lights were the reason? I missed the first period and tuned in just in time for it to be postponed. Seemed like they had lights there already, I thought they were postponing it until it would be cold enough for the ice to be at a good enough temperature. Maybe the lights they have there aren't enough? I'm sure they had some sort of contingency plan for postponing until night though since they've had to do it before.

Did they say the lights were the reason? I missed the first period and tuned in just in time for it to be postponed. Seemed like they had lights there already, I thought they were postponing it until it would be cold enough for the ice to be at a good enough temperature. Maybe the lights they have there aren't enough? I'm sure they had some sort of contingency plan for postponing until night though since they've had to do it before.
Lousy comparison I’m sure, but our home rink in Montclair was outdoors during all my playing years.
We practiced at 5pm and games times were always 6:30....that was in the 70s lol.
The ice was atrocious in the afternoon if it was a sunny day.
As a little kid, it was 6am

Lousy comparison I’m sure, but our home rink in Montclair was outdoors during all my playing years.
We practiced at 5pm and games times were always 6:30....that was in the 70s lol.
The ice was atrocious in the afternoon if it was a sunny day.
As a little kid, it was 6am
The NJYHL actually has a rule now that says no games can start earlier than 7am. With more people playing hockey these days, practices at 5pm are a luxury, although it is inconveniently early for some parents. A lot of U18 practices don't end until after 10pm.

We were lucky, It was our rink and we practiced every day.
Everyone else in the league fought over ice time at South Mountain.
Except Brick, they had the same situation we did.
No coincidence we met in the finals of the Gordon Cup every year

Ah Brick, home of Jim Dowd and where JVR learned the game as a kid. The Ocean Ice Palace.

Ah Brick, home of Jim Dowd and where JVR learned the game as a kid. The Ocean Ice Palace.

I'm feeling the shrinkage just looking at the place. So friggin' cold.

98344185_3046554965391174_5106350845155344384_o-e1602164855594.jpg

Never been, I don't know how to ice skate unfortunately, but I did have a close relative work as one of the workers that constructed it.

That's cool -- it's definitely an "oldie but a goodie" when it comes to NJ rinks. There was an earlier thread (or maybe it was a part of this one) that went through a number of "cold" rinks in NJ. Just know that it's up near the top of the list.

p.s. Never too late to learn. Not sure what's happening with Covid precautions, now, but there were always adult beginner classes going on somewhere. Bucket List!!

Nice one. I'm guessing 70s, but only because black & white. Could be earlier. Don't see any helmets. Not sure when the indoor rink was named. Kinda clueless, other than knowing that I like Applegate Farms peanut butter/vanilla ice cream the best!

Kirk Muller agrees with you. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT