ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

$DIMO was a great call, thanks for that. I didn’t have to pay for the AutoPi, it integrated directly to Tesla for free. I’m claiming every week and bridging the $matic over to $sol. Using the bridge is earning airdrop credit so it’s a win/win for free.
What is the gas fee for your bridging? I tried to bridge $DIMO directly from my Polygon network to the Ethereum network in my MetaMask but the gas fees would eat up almost half of my airdrop. Now I just swap the $DIMO for USDC in the Polygon network and send it to my Coinbase account for literally a penny or 2.

What is the gas fee for your bridging? I tried to bridge $DIMO directly from my Polygon network to the Ethereum network in my MetaMask but the gas fees would eat up almost half of my airdrop. Now I just swap the $DIMO for USDC in the Polygon network and send it to my Coinbase account for literally a penny or 2.
Dimo to matic is 0.03 in the wallet

Dimo to matic is 0.03 in the wallet
I'm aware of that. When you said you were "bridging", that involves going from one network to another. In MetaMask, bridging to etherum network is expensive. I'm assuming you meant swapping DIMO to MATIC.

I'm aware of that. When you said you were "bridging", that involves going from one network to another. In MetaMask, bridging to etherum network is expensive. I'm assuming you meant swapping DIMO to MATIC.
Ohhh I see. It was a little under $2 to get it from $matic to $usdc on Solana. Trying to bridge to $eth gives you a good idea of why people are using it less.

Reactions: ScarletNut
Ohhh I see. It was a little under $2 to get it from $matic to $usdc on Solana. Trying to bridge to $eth gives you a good idea of why people are using it less.
Swapping, sending or receiving on the Polygon network (to/from Coinbase at least) costs pennies and takes 10-15 minutes for the transaction to complete. I refuse to use the Ethereum network unless that is the only network to complete certain transactions (you can only send DIMO to Coinbase via Ethereum network, so I don't do that).

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Money continues to pour in:

Despite a hotter-than-expected CPI, surging rates/dollar, and a considerable dip in most risk assets, BTC ETFs saw their second-highest day of net inflows with $631 million across all products. As discussed in yesterday's crypto comments video, given the current macro backdrop and persistent flows, the path of least resistance is higher in the near term.
Flash Insight attachment

Right now my biggest position is $shdw. Last cycles winner was defi. I’m betting that this cycle is depin- decentralized physical infra networks. Things like $honey, $dimo, $hnt, etc that we’ve discussed here before are other examples. $shdw/GenesysGo is building a storage network that has almost unlimited potential.

Other things I’m holding are $bonk (Sol’s version of doge/shib) and $jup because I just got it airdropped and am not sure what I want to do with it yet.

I was early on all of these. Have taken initial out already and will hold to see how far they can go. All three still have legs but I’ll be looking to sell and rotate back to sol/btc.
Looks like HONEY just listed on Coinbase. DIMO and HNT are also both available. Any preferences among these 3?

For those that want to dip their toe in the "bitcoin" water, government recently approved EFT's. There are a few good ones, personally I prefer Fidelity's one which is FBTC. Read the prospectus before investing.

I had to look this up because I 100% thought it was a parody of some sort. After months of rallying against crypto and falsely claiming it increases come, funding to terror, etc. Senator Warren decided to honor the anonymous creator of Bitcoin for his contributions to society? Make it make sense.

Reactions: bob-loblaw
I had to look this up because I 100% thought it was a parody of some sort. After months of rallying against crypto and falsely claiming it increases come, funding to terror, etc. Senator Warren decided to honor the anonymous creator of Bitcoin for his contributions to society? Make it make sense.

Onion article?
😁

Has anyone received the following email from CoinBase? Just trying to make sure it's not a scam asking for a government issued photo ID...

Verify your info by March 23, 2024
Verify your info
Your account is missing some info that we need to comply with financial regulations. Please take a moment to verify your info today.

If you don't confirm by March 23, 2024 your account will be limited to withdrawals only.

Here’s what you need to verify
  • Government-issued photo ID
  • Latest version of the Coinbase app
Once you’re ready, you can sign in to your Coinbase account to enter your info. For most customers, this takes less than 5 minutes. Learn more.

Has anyone received the following email from CoinBase? Just trying to make sure it's not a scam asking for a government issued photo ID...

Verify your info by March 23, 2024

Verify your info

Your account is missing some info that we need to comply with financial regulations. Please take a moment to verify your info today.

If you don't confirm by March 23, 2024 your account will be limited to withdrawals only.

Here’s what you need to verify
  • Government-issued photo ID
  • Latest version of the Coinbase app
Once you’re ready, you can sign in to your Coinbase account to enter your info. For most customers, this takes less than 5 minutes. Learn more.
I had to fill out those requests when I initially signed up for Coinbase, not since and I've been on Coinbase for several years.

Reactions: PeteGiam07
I had to fill out those requests when I initially signed up for Coinbase, not since and I've been on Coinbase for several years.
Thanks, I've never verified through a government issues photo ID so that's probably why I received it.

BTC cyber hornets at work.

Bitcoin hitting 52.8k this am. The true inflows havent even begun yet. Supply shock is about 2 mos away with the halving. This year is going to be a fun ride.
I’m still buying. BTC, STX, and the other ones you hate. :)

Thanks, I've never verified through a government issues photo ID so that's probably why I received it.
I reactivated my COIN account a few weeks ago and had to verify via drivers license. Super easy and legit. Based on the Know Your Customer laws. I did it via their website to be sure.

Do any of you use Merrill Edge as your brokerage and can you buy any of the Bitcoin ETFs there?

I tried both the Fidelity ETF and the iShares ETF on Merrill Edge and both are blocked for purchase. I don't want to open a new brokerage just for this one ETF. Any ideas?

Do any of you use Merrill Edge as your brokerage and can you buy any of the Bitcoin ETFs there?

I tried both the Fidelity ETF and the iShares ETF on Merrill Edge and both are blocked for purchase. I don't want to open a new brokerage just for this one ETF. Any ideas?
I do. They aren’t offering it to the average person. I asked….
“Merrill is fairly risk-averse as a firm, so there are many considerations when determining which securities we allow general trading of. We can allow for trading of certain blocked ETFs, such as those we discussed today, if the following criteria are met:

• A total minimum networth of $10 million, verbally attested to
  • Submit a completed Client Representation Letter, which would be provided
As a reminder, I'm here to work with you one-on-one to help you clarify your financial goals and offer guidance on how to pursue them.”

“Merrill is fairly risk-averse as a firm, so there are many considerations when determining which securities we allow general trading of. We can allow for trading of certain blocked ETFs, such as those we discussed today, if the following criteria are met:
As a reminder, I'm here to work with you one-on-one to help you clarify your financial goals and offer guidance on how to pursue them.”
That's messed up. Go use Fidelity. Everything is available.

There's others just like this. They will cave in time

What would be the reason/utility for COIN to drop their own coin?
Keeping people in their ecosystem, rewarding their users, etc. The amount they make in fees is insane. Micro transactions on their wallet or anything else they develop are lucrative so finding a way to reward users makes sense.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
There's others just like this. They will cave in time
when? when BTC is at $75k, $100k, $500k, $1M? All these Wall Street firms are taking the power away from people who want to improve their lives by taking a risk. Yes, they will all cave in time but they are making decisions on behalf of their clients that should be left up to the individual. These firms are setting themselves up for class action lawsuits.

when? when BTC is at $75k, $100k, $500k, $1M? All these Wall Street firms are taking the power away from people who want to improve their lives by taking a risk. Yes, they will all cave in time but they are making decisions on behalf of their clients that should be left up to the individual. These firms are setting themselves up for class action lawsuits.
Who knows. My guess is when the price is much higher. Or when enough people people together to create a social campaign negatively impacting those firms withholding. There wont be a suit. "they were looking in the best interest of their customers."

There will be a lot of people in the coming decade saying I wish I would have.. or I was going to buy at X amt, etc. I mentioned in a private chat, but I'll mention here. I've never been more bullish.

Who knows. My guess is when the price is much higher. Or when enough people people together to create a social campaign negatively impacting those firms withholding. There wont be a suit. "they were looking in the best interest of their customers."

There will be a lot of people in the coming decade saying I wish I would have.. or I was going to buy at X amt, etc. I mentioned in a private chat, but I'll mention here. I've never been more bullish.
Platforms will change when they start losing customers to other ones (that are more open).

Reactions: RU-05

There’s just not enough coins to go around.

Keeping people in their ecosystem, rewarding their users, etc. The amount they make in fees is insane. Micro transactions on their wallet or anything else they develop are lucrative so finding a way to reward users makes sense.
Or they could just lower fee's.

There’s just not enough coins to go around.
Is this in regard to BTC?

Josh Brown made a good point I never considered regarding scarcity.

If BTC is good, why not a BTC 2 that is even better? Or some other crypto that is also "scarce"?

Is this in regard to BTC?

Josh Brown made a good point I never considered regarding scarcity.

If BTC is good, why not a BTC 2 that is even better? Or some other crypto that is also "scarce"?
This has already been tried many times and failed. Why would people that value BTC automatically value a copycat or something new in the same way? I don't think that's how human nature works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT