ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Matt Rhule new Carolina Panthers HC

Rumors that the Browns and Giants are considered less than desirable, Browns more so. Tepper knew Giants wanted MR and he made sure they wouldn't get the chance.

Could Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer be in the mix for NYG?

from @TheGiantsWire
"Giants couldn't get Rivera in the building. Couldn't get Rhule in the building. Had McCarthy literally sprinting to Dallas. McDaniels seems reluctant.

This is an embarrassment."

Last edited:
Rumors that the Browns and Giants are considered less than desirable, Browns more so. Tepper knew Giants wanted MR and he made sure they wouldn't get the chance.

Exactly.....They new they had to offer him on the spot. Giants have really put themselves behind the eight ball now.

Could Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer be in the mix for NYG?
I don’t see anyone good going there with Gettleman retained.

I’d guess Jason Garrett before either of Harbaugh or Meyer.

I don’t see anyone good going there with Gettleman retained.

I’d guess Jason Garrett before either of Harbaugh or Meyer.
Sounds like Rhule’s issue with Giants was control of staff/hires.

If Fran Brown goes to the Carolina Panthers, so be it. The best take away from this is that Matt Rhule isn't coaching Penn State.

If Fran Brown goes to the Carolina Panthers, so be it. The best take away from this is that Matt Rhule isn't coaching Penn State.
Is Brown more of a recruiter at this stage of his career than a X's and O's coach? May serve his career better to run the D for a couple of years - there will be massive improvement in years 2 and 3.

I think right now the Giants maybe less desirable than Browns. Browns waiting to hire a GM until after hiring a coach. Also believed to have better personnel than Giants.

Sounds like Rhule’s issue with Giants was control of staff/hires.
Same thing happened with the Jets last year. Allegedly he wanted the job, but not when they told him they wanted Williams as DC instead of whoever he wanted.

Dave Gettleman is toxic and radioactive. No good coach worth anything would want to work with him. Worse thing the Giants ever did was hiring him, until they undid themselves by keeping him.

College: Western Carolina....uh oh?
HS: Camden

Think it becomes what helps lead to a college HC job...which I would say stay in the college game
If any one else knows the WC nickname,for example:Scarlet Knights,you may consider yourself one of the few.W/O LOOKING IT UP. You get extra credit if you know in what town they are located.beaced knows. Went to a game there when I was vacationing in those gorgeous mountains ,years ago.:HeartEyes:

Reactions: RUScrew85
Is Brown more of a recruiter at this stage of his career than a X's and O's coach? May serve his career better to run the D for a couple of years - there will be massive improvement in years 2 and 3.

His skillset is perfect for college, but the NFL doesn't need nor want South Jersey recruiters.

Now if he grows into an elite DC here at Rutgers then the NFL could be an option.

If Garrett is named NYG head coach. I will no longer be a fan.
Adam Schefter has already reported that the Giants reached out to the Cowboys this morning for permission to talk to Garrett (since Garrett’s contract doesnt run out for another week).

Signing day is coming again and he jumps to the NFL , sounds familiar doesn’t it lol

Same thing happened with the Jets last year. Allegedly he wanted the job, but not when they told him they wanted Williams as DC instead of whoever he wanted.
Exactly. He wants his DC from Baylor.

How would anyone know? He never met with them.
He didn’t meet with them because preliminary discussions indicated he wouldn’t have total control, particularly with DC. As mentioned in another post, that was breaking point with Jets last year.

Adam Schefter has already reported that the Giants reached out to the Cowboys this morning for permission to talk to Garrett (since Garrett’s contract doesnt run out for another week).
I dont doubt that they are looking into him... Massive mistake IMO and i will not be able to follow the team. Its crazy how messed up the Front office is now. Giants are going to replace the Jets as the leagues most inept team.

I dont doubt that they are looking into him... Massive mistake IMO and i will not be able to follow the team. Its crazy how messed up the Front office is now. Giants are going to replace the Jets as the leagues most inept team.
They are racing to the bottom together.

The Jets were totally out of touch with their fanbase in hiring a guy who couldn't cut it at one of their main rivals, and now the Giants are thinking about doing the same thing.

Reactions: rurichdog
Looks like the Giants passed on Ruhle and went right to Judge. Ruhle then went to Carolina. Shocked!

WFAN reporting that Matt Rhule called the Giants and asked them to match the Carolina Panthers six year offer yesterday. Giants didn't.

What a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT