ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Murphy to order all New Jerseyans to Wear masks outdoors (when social distancing isn’t possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many people want to have it both ways. Either it's dangerous to be together outside, therefore the protests lead to many new cases. Or, as the evidence in my opinion shows, there is basically no risk when outdoors.

But our governor says protests ok/being on a crowded beach not ok. That does not compute

Don't say the protestors were all wearing masks. Many were not
So then you agree beaches are dangerous. Mask up.

I understand it stops droplets but it doesn’t prevent you from getting the virus. Masks are not meant to be worn outside in the dead of summer for hours on end. That does more harm than its intended use.
Thank you for clearing that up...I thought you went bonkers for a moment when you brought Doctors up. Masks outside arent going to do much...though, I was at a 4th party this weekend and when the host's "Cousin Vinny" was introduced to us and you could see the spit coming from his mouth...I had certainly wished he had a mask on...
But, I do see people taking walks on our street at home and wonder why they are doing so. You can take a 3 mile walk and maybe pass by 3- 4 other people total and we all usually just cross to opposite sides of the road, and I don't know if that is necessary either.

fear...that's why, the politicians and msm have stoked so much much hysteria that these people believe that coronavirus is floating in the air while they are walking down a quiet street....I see this too in my area, bizarre...people walking on empty streets at 8AM wearing masks...

fear...that's why, the politicians and msm have stoked so much much hysteria that these people believe that coronavirus is floating in the air while they are walking down a quiet street....I see this too in my area, bizarre...people walking on empty streets at 8AM wearing masks...

eh...I see way less random people wearing a mask while solo, vs. the complete jagoff who should be wearing a mask.

but of course the msm is the boogeyman here...

Does it hurt you? If someone wants to take precautions, why is it bizarre or hysterical behavior?

My fave are those wearing masks while driving alone in their cars.

The fear mongering by the media is way over the top imo.

Fear AND (don’t forget) control...there is nothing govt likes more than control and dictation. It has been the case, IS (clearly) currently the case and will continue to be the case.

Reactions: ru1869 and LC-88

It’s ok, we’ve already cleared up that you don’t have to wear a mask while cutting grass.

Unless you are having a grass cutting party with a bunch of random people less than 6 feet apart?

Also if people want to wear masks at 8am on a stroll why does that bother you so much? It’s not something I would do but it also doesn’t bother me. You also have no idea what medical conditions they may have so even more of a reason it shouldn’t bother you.

Win.

Lock it down and discard.

I wish people would stop asking for threads to be deleted, or off topic boards to be eliminated....if we don't like a thread, don't get involved in it or don't read it at all..

leave it to the mods if the thread gets too personal to clean it up, or delete individual posts, not the entire thread

we already lost a very good forum because of complaints that it be shut down...

I now have to resort to a new forum for OT topic debate....

and it is rivals loss.

My fave are those wearing masks while driving alone in their cars.

The fear mongering by the media is way over the top imo.
Or in their own yards...I’ve seen those! I wonder if they wear it indoors, ridiculous as that sounds I would not be surprised.

Reactions: ru1869
How can they enforce it? The order states if you can’t social distance? Very broad and unenforceable. I will certainly wear one when I enter a business bc it’s their right as an owner to refuse service to me, but there’s no way I’m wearing one outside.

this is it.... the new declaration is almost meaningless because the person can claim they can easily social distance....

Reactions: JRZEER
I wish people would stop asking for threads to be deleted, or off topic boards to be eliminated....if we don't like a thread, don't get involved in it or don't read it at all..

leave it to the mods if the thread gets too personal to clean it up, or delete individual posts, not the entire thread

we already lost a very good forum because of complaints that it be shut down...

I now have to resort to a new forum for OT topic debate....

and it is rivals loss.

I don't think the poster was calling for the thread to be shut down. I took it as no more need be said. Totally different.

As to the rest, companies make business decisions based on what's best FOR THEM them all the time.

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
I don't think the poster was calling for the thread to be shut down. I took it as no more need be said. Totally different.

As to the rest, companies make business decisions based on what's best FOR THEM them all the time.

possibly, yet he did mention to "discard", which I took to mean delete..

I am still smarting over the elimination of the OT board, which I feel was a mistake....the mistake was caused by a few posters asking for the board to be eliminated, when it could have been saved with a little more stringent monitoring...

Agreed. I left my house to drive to the hospital for an appointment at about 6:30am today. Muggy morning, nice and empty and quiet though at that hour. Not usually on the road quite yet that early. I couldn't believe in otherwise empty local neighborhoods, the individual people and what looked to be husbands and wives wearing masks while walking. And what I loved even more was the husband and wife separated by several feet either staggered front to back or side by side walking and in masks. God love em man. I can't imagine what it's like inside their houses.

Mind you these weren't crowds or anything. It was 6:30am. Just people on various local backroads doing this. I was waiting to see a deer wearing a mask that someone slapped on it.

Are the Murphy-apologists going to defend these totalitarian punishments?

Perhaps after someone explains why a simple mask when your out and about possibly interacting with others is such horrible infringement on your daily life.

tenor.gif

I saw a guy bring his garbage can to the curb wearing a mask...couldn’t figure out why in any world he would do that either.

Reactions: ru1869
Yeah,

I always get a giggle when I see a solo driver wearing a mask.

To be fair, I did this at the beginning of the outbreak when surface transmission efficacy was still unknown. Since I live in an apt building, I have to touch surfaces getting in and out that are touched by multiple others. So I'd put on the mask when I left and wouldn't take it off until I got home to wash my hands. The grocery store and virtually anything else I needed to get to was within 5 min, so I didn't care wearing the mask in the car for a few min to and from. Figured at the time it was better than constantly touching the mask to put on and off without the ability to wash hands first.

Now we obviously know surface transmissions are unlikely, so I take the mask on and off whenever. Not everyone who was doing this was an idiot early on.

For people who have that bad habit of licking their finger to turn a page in a book, have you stopped?
No! It's my books. The only one who can infect me by doing that, is me. I've told myself that I'm not sick or have symptoms and I believe me.

Or in their own yards...I’ve seen those! I wonder if they wear it indoors, ridiculous as that sounds I would not be surprised.

I have told this before, so excuse the second mention....from pretty much the start, my neighbor and me would sit outside in his driveway, a good six feet apart, not directly facing, and have a beer or two after dinner.....

flash forward, the "movement" spread, and we have had as many as 15 adults on his driveway, paired off by family, and each family a good 6 to 10 feet apart...no masks, but an attempt to keep our sanity and avoid total isolation.

I am/was a health professional, and my gut instinct is that people that are that distance apart in the out doors are not going to spread the virus.... I thought that from the very start and it seems most evidence points in that direction.

thus, if I were to walk down the street by myself, I would not wear a mask, until I went into a store, or
someplace where people are in closer contact

This thread is so disheartening. The strength of a county is the ability of it's citizens to work together for a common goal. If something as simple as wearing a mask, such a minor minor inconvenience, generates this much division, the state of our country is weak indeed.

Sounds to me like you're being pretty gullible.
How so? My books, bought by me years before this Covid thing. Are you saying that not to trust me and he his lying? I've known me for as long as I can remember. I know he is an outstanding individual and always looks out for myself.

Perhaps after someone explains why a simple mask when your out and about possibly interacting with others is such horrible infringement on your daily life.

tenor.gif

I don't think that requiring masks in indoor public spaces as well as outdoors when not social distancing is, practically speaking, a horrible infringement on the public. Threatening up to $1,000 fines or six months in jail for non-compliance of a requirement implemented via executive order does elevate it to horrible infringement of our rights, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
Fear AND (don’t forget) control...there is nothing govt likes more than control and dictation. It has been the case, IS (clearly) currently the case and will continue to be the case.
The government telling you to wear a mask is not ok.

The government telling you to have that baby is ok?

Reactions: Greg2020
possibly, yet he did mention to "discard", which I took to mean delete..

I am still smarting over the elimination of the OT board, which I feel was a mistake....the mistake was caused by a few posters asking for the board to be eliminated, when it could have been saved with a little more stringent monitoring...

Was just joking. Liked the guy's joke, thought it summed up the thread nicely. Had below zero expectation thread would actually be locked.

Too many people want to have it both ways. Either it's dangerous to be together outside, therefore the protests lead to many new cases. Or, as the evidence in my opinion shows, there is basically no risk when outdoors.

But our governor says protests ok/being on a crowded beach not ok. That does not compute

Don't say the protestors were all wearing masks. Many were not

Where did he say that?

Haven't seen Murphy criticize any beaches at all.

Based on this order if you're 6 feet from another group at the beach there is no issue at all.

I get a kick out of the argument that going to the beach or out to eat with your family in states like GA or SC or FL spikes the Covid and they “deserve” it but protests, looting and massive destruction of downtowns didn’t...like the virus somehow does not want to be seen as “racist” and stays away...funny...

No, the difference is that people were going INDOORS in those states to bars and restaurants. Protests and beaches and outdoor dining are different.

I can really go for some bacon and eggs with home fries right about now

Anyone know any diners with outdoor seating within 20 miles of Stanhope ?

I know of the Townsquare Diner in Wharton, down the street from one of my favorite bars, the Knotty Pine

• Roxbury Diner on Rt. 10 has a tent for outdoor dining.
  • Bill's on Dover Chester Road in Randolph
  • Budd Lake Diner on 46 in Mount Olive - says they have outdoor dining

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT