ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 10/13-10/15 Thurs-Sat

Apparently through the years you haven’t been paying attention to the playoff contenders in the Pac12. Each year the PAC12’s contenders lose to someone in conference they should beat. It happens every year and every year @rutgersguy1 says the same thing. Then bam the next contender loses.
I say the same thing? What do I say every year? lol I'm confused.

Another stat I heard on a pod, TCU has lost the last 20 games when trailing by 14 in the 4th qtr.

It’s good to have an offense, where you’re potentially almost never out of it. This was against generally solid and reliable Gundy’s OkSt too.

I know you like 4 while I like 12 or 16 but the playoffs didn’t come into my mind once in any game today. I was just enjoying the fun games and upsets.
That is the perspective of a casual TV viewing fan with no real emotional investment in the outcome of one of the games. We’ll, except maybe that one noon one.
I think 2-3 teams above would still likely make the playoffs if they won out. But I’m not even thinking about that on a day like yesterday.
I don’t disagree about likely, but I did say control their own fate. Even if Bama wins out, they can’t have an unbeaten from each of the other P5 conferences.
If it was 12 though, I don’t know if it would have crossed my mind but maybe if anything it would be wow a team like TCU might get in or wow the Cuse is angling for it. (I think they will have multiple losses but nonetheless)
With the 2-4 team formats it is always in the back of your mind if your team is undefeated. Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you’ve experienced the good/bad you’d understand better.

As far as someone like TCU, their fans sure as heck have it in their mind for this year at this point.

If it was still 2, Okie State would need a good amount of help. In the current format, they still has a fairly good chance by winning out. In the future 12 format, they would still have a 100% control of their chance and could likely lose again. That is the difference.

I’ve brought this up before but didn’t know the particular stats. I’ve always seen him as mistake prone at Nebraska but nice redemption by AM with Klieman/Klein.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I’ve brought this up before but didn’t know the particular stats. I’ve always seen him as mistake prone at Nebraska but nice redemption by AM with Klieman/Klein.

Interesting replies to the tweet about Martinez. At Nebraska, Frost is a former QB and they had a dedicated QB coach.

Also, KState has leveraged Martinez' strength as a running QB and limited his pass attempts. Would such a strategy be accepted at RU?

Interesting replies to the tweet about Martinez. At Nebraska, Frost is a former QB and they had a dedicated QB coach.

Also, KState has leveraged Martinez' strength as a running QB and limited his pass attempts. Would such a strategy be accepted at RU?

Nothing wrong with playing to your players strengths, It seems to be working for now.

I posted this a week ago in response to a comment about playing tight and focusing too much on making mistakes that you don't play to your full ability.

There is something to be said about playing loose. I was reading an ESPN article the other day on impact transfers this year and one of them is Adrian Martinez now at KSU. I've not really watched them much this year but looks like he's done a solid job for them. I'm somewhat surprised at how well he's done 1/2 way through the season. 4 passing TDs no INTs (he doesn't throw a ton) and 8 rushing TDs and I don't think any fumbles. AFAIK no TOs this year by Martinez, which is amazing in itself considering how mistake prone he was at Nebraska.

There was this blurb from Klieman on him after their Tulane loss.

From the article:

After Kansas State lost to Tulane on Sept. 17, coach Chris Klieman and offensive coordinator Collin Klein met with transfer quarterback Adrian Martinez.

Their message: Let it rip.

"I don't think there was a confidence issue," Kleiman told ESPN. "We were playing really good defense early and he didn't want to put the defense in a tough spot. It was his ability to get more comfortable with what we were doing offensively and play fast, and if he makes a mistake, he makes a mistake, but do it aggressively."

Since the Tulane game, Martinez has been the quarterback Kansas State hoped he could be after a productive but turbulent four seasons at Nebraska. He has 350 pass yards, 319 rush yards and nine touchdowns (seven rush, two pass) in wins over Oklahoma and Texas Tech, propelling Kansas State to No. 20 in the AP Poll.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT