ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread Sat 8/24

Shows the importance of completing short passes. Hope to see major improvement this year for RU.
I actually wonder about DJU and how effective he’ll be for them. Might not need much if their ground game is good enough. He’s been inconsistent in his career but Jonathan Smith did a solid job with him at Oregon State.

Didn’t realize GT used as much motion and misdirection in their offense. Makes me think a little of Kansas under Leipold/Kotelnicki and now AK at PSU as OC….curious to see how their offense does this year with the extra talent and speed they have as opposed to a Kansas.

Reactions: Knight Shift
So far it looks like either GTech is underrated, or FSU is way overrated at #10 and lost too much from last year. I'm going with the latter. GTech is running with ease against a front that's been hyped up.

2 min timeout…I heard they can’t call it two minute warning..if it’s copyrighted or what I have no clue.

Eh I don’t know if I’d call that a PI on first look.

Bailed out twice this drive on miss sack and now PI..but looks like a holding wil bring the ball back too.

New DC at GT is an Elko guy and he was always a pretty good coach of doing more with less…we’ll see if Santucci is the same.

FSU thought they were coming in for a cake walk until

e9f26a6f0fbf15c372ee48967d208d82.gif

I'm pleasantly surprised, I didn't expect this to be a game. FSU will blame it on early season jitters. but GTech looks tough in the trenches. FSU would get bullied in the B1G
Early season loss won’t necessarily kill your chances at the expanded playoffs so FSU has time to regroup even if they did lose today.

You get the impression Norvell doesn’t trust him too much and has to pick his spots. I was actually kind of surprised by the transfer considering his inconsistency and Norvell usually having better passers at qb.

Jonathan Smith did a good job managing him last year but they were also a run heavy team. If Norvell thinks this will also be a run heavy team then I can see the logic and he’ll have to manage him similarly.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I didn’t hear this but that’s correct. UCF when they were a G5 had some years they would’ve been better than 12. The G5 could be the 12 seed in many years but it’s not a guarantee.

Edit: also duh freaking Cincy was the 4 lol

I think Jaydog lives in Farmingdale. You know that area of Howell that thinks they're their own town, but really they aren't.
Fun Facts about Farmingdale, and correct me if I am off base, it is the only place in Howell that has something resembling a downtown. Back in the early 1980s, part of the Old Bridge "Metal Militia" (heavy metal fans) had a house on Wyckoff road owned by an electrician where Metallica and other early metal bans partied and rehearsed.

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT