ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread Sat 8/24

I would’ve blitzed him there rather than dropping more in coverage. Make DJU think quick and you can force him into a mistake or incompletion possibly.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Oh wow another 4th down (9yds) instead of a FG. I wouldn’t have done that but it worked lol.

FSU TD…21-21

Horrible blitz package on that last 4th down. The safety came like 2 secs late and wasn't even close to the line of scrimmage and was in no man's land taking himself out of the play.

Last edited:
You know that’s a good point…you would think that it would be GT that needed some of these “out of the ordinary” plays to stay in it instead of FSU.

Just need a FG and this could be a nice time consuming drive to leave FSU with little time if they can score something.

OMG why get cute? WTF GTECH OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR? Just run it up the gut.

Last edited:
Georgia Tech fans to Noles fans

Yellow%2BJacket%2BMeme.jpg

Great game to watch. Preseason rankings need to go away.
It was but I think preseason rankings are good because they help to hype the early season games. How accurate they are when all is said and done doesn’t matter much.

The ones that matter, CFP rankings don’t come out til late October, early November.

Maybe another Elko in the making, was kind of wondering why Elko didn’t take him along to A&M

It was but I think preseason rankings are good because they help to hype the early season games. How accurate they are when all is said and done doesn’t matter much.

The ones that matter, CFP rankings don’t come out til late October, early November.
It keeps some teams hanging around the rankings when they don't deserve it, it adds the nonsensical "quality loss" stuff, I just don't like it. 0-1 FSU will still garner votes

Fun game to watch... go Ramblin' Wreck. If you missed the post-game stuff..

- GTech coach is an OL guy.. and obviously loves his players. Class act.

- The hosts for this game went all out.. I mean.. they had a GTech helmet made by Waterford Crystal for the winning coach.. unless there was an FSU symbol on the other side, they made two of them. And a nice size crystal cup/vase for MVP and, of course, a crystal game trophy. ball on pedestal. Looks like a 1st class operation.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It keeps some teams hanging around the rankings when they don't deserve it, it adds the nonsensical "quality loss" stuff, I just don't like it. 0-1 FSU will still garner votes
I get it but a no rank vs no rank early season game doesn’t have the same ring to it as # vs # …personally I tend to gravitate to ranked games and think a lot of fans do

The rankings that matter come out later in the season.

If FSU wants to keep their playoff hopes alive they need to run the ball really well. DJU isn’t going to carry them. He can be effective at times but he can’t carry them on his own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT