ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter is a teacher and one of her co-teachers has covid. Her district told the teachers in close contact not to get tested and that they were not going to do contact tracing. If anyone came down with covid they were not going to attribute it to contact at the school.
I've seen you post this before and I believe this is complete made up bullcrap. What school district is this? Don't give us you can't say to protect your daughter. You are on a sports board using an anonymous name.

Pointing out factual events of history and acknowledging others did not receive the same treatment and benefits I received is not being an apologist. It is recognizing reality. Is your self esteem so low that it makes you feel bad because you are certainly overreacting to my post.
tom1944 anyone who doesn’t acknowledge the mistreatment and the issues of slavery are not being truthful. With this being said why are you sounding so guilty. If your family history contains slave ownership then yes you should apologize as should many others who are leaders in industry and in the positions of leadership they control. Have a good evening.

tom1944 anyone who doesn’t acknowledge the mistreatment and the issues of slavery are not being truthful. With this being said why are you sounding so guilty. If your family history contains slave ownership then yes you should apologize as should many others who are leaders in industry and in the positions of leadership they control. Have a good evening.
I was not referencing slavery

Reactions: Greg2020
My 6 year old daughter just got a positive test. She had the slightest sniffles on Friday, my wife wanted to keep her home from school to be safe. She needed to test before she’s allowed back in school, so we got one as a precaution. Sure enough it was positive. A legitimate shock to us since we don’t do anything, like at all. No indoor dining in a year, no indoor play dates. So now the rest of my family is bracing for it, I’m sure symptoms should show up any day. Sucks to have made it a full year being locked down and safe and then my 6 year old gets a random unexpected positive.
School nurse called us and said it’s going around like crazy in the school and there are a number of students with positives the last few days. Hoping somehow she doesn’t transmit to us, or hoping it doesn’t get us too bad.

Reactions: Greg2020 and GSGS
My 6 year old daughter just got a positive test. She had the slightest sniffles on Friday, my wife wanted to keep her home from school to be safe. She needed to test before she’s allowed back in school, so we got one as a precaution. Sure enough it was positive. A legitimate shock to us since we don’t do anything, like at all. No indoor dining in a year, no indoor play dates. So now the rest of my family is bracing for it, I’m sure symptoms should show up any day. Sucks to have made it a full year being locked down and safe and then my 6 year old gets a random unexpected positive.
School nurse called us and said it’s going around like crazy in the school and there are a number of students with positives the last few days. Hoping somehow she doesn’t transmit to us, or hoping it doesn’t get us too bad.

Good luck

Were students just recently back to in person class in your district?

Since none of the current vaccines have been approved by the FDA except for Emergency Use, what happens after the pandemic is considered over or is considered a epidemic? Will the FDA fully approve all these different vaccines, or pull them until years of testing are done?

Reactions: goru1869
Good luck

Were students just recently back to in person class in your district?

nope, we’ve been in person 5 days per week since like October. But for some reason it sounds like it’s blowing up among kids recently around here. (North eastern Monmouth county)

Since none of the current vaccines have been approved by the FDA except for Emergency Use, what happens after the pandemic is considered over or is considered a epidemic? Will the FDA fully approve all these different vaccines, or pull them until years of testing are done?
The epitome of part of the problem

Why don’t you just Google stuff 😂

She wasn't allowed in school because of sniffles?

The people getting the shots now are the trials/testing.

They will be tracked to see if negative effects start appearing over time.

Hopefully not but we have no way of knowing yet.

Last edited:
There's a Dr.Vernon Coleman online who believes that getting the vaccine may set up the takers for a worse variant next winter and may be able to pass it on more easily to non-vaccine takers.

His video is on BrandNewTube.

There's a Dr.Vernon Coleman online who believes that getting the vaccine may set up the takers for a worse variant next winter and may be able to pass it on more easily to non-vaccine takers.

His video is on BrandNewTube.

Thanks for wasting bandwidth. From Wikipedia:

“Vernon Coleman (born 18 May 1946) is an English conspiracy theorist, anti-vaccination activist, AIDS denialist, blogger and novelist who writes on topics related to human health, politics and animal issues. Coleman's medical claims have been widely discredited and described as pseudoscientific. He was formerly a newspaper columnist and general practitioner (GP).”

Oh. So THIS is why our case numbers are still up. The school districts are basing reopening on a fabrication. Completely unacceptable.

Has anyone ever officially given a reason for such a time lapse with this late data? Does this mean we can see an even greater impact on indoor gatherings in regards to the large spikes in the weeks after our major holidays?

Has anyone ever officially given a reason for such a time lapse with this late data? Does this mean we can see an even greater impact on indoor gatherings in regards to the large spikes in the weeks after our major holidays?
The governor has never addressed it, and the press has never asked. Unless you're following this one single woman on twitter who pulls the raw data files from the dashboard, you'd never even know.

The NJ covid dashboard (https://covid19.nj.gov/) has two tabs.

The "cases and trends" tab shows the number of new confirmed cases by the date in which the PCR test result is reported by the testing laboratory. There is always a lag in this number, since it takes time to process the tests and report the results.

The "case and mortality summaries" tab shows the number of confirmed cases by the date of onset of illness. This chart always shows a sharp decrease in recent days, since people who started showing symptoms 3 days ago would likely not have test results reported yet.

I am guessing the WokeZombie twitter feed that Johnny linked is tracking the differences between the two tabs to calculate the date of onset of symptoms for newly reported test results. I have no idea if her calculations are valid or not. But it seems surprising that labs would be reporting November test results in March. I could understand a 4 week lag between onset of illness and reporting of test results, but 4 months seems very excessive. Therefore I suspect that there are some other factors here that WokeZombie is not accounting for (assuming her calculations aren't just plain wrong).

The NJ covid dashboard (https://covid19.nj.gov/) has two tabs.

The "cases and trends" tab shows the number of new confirmed cases by the date in which the PCR test result is reported by the testing laboratory. There is always a lag in this number, since it takes time to process the tests and report the results.

The "case and mortality summaries" tab shows the number of confirmed cases by the date of onset of illness. This chart always shows a sharp decrease in recent days, since people who started showing symptoms 3 days ago would likely not have test results reported yet.

I am guessing the WokeZombie twitter feed that Johnny linked is tracking the differences between the two tabs to calculate the date of onset of symptoms for newly reported test results. I have no idea if her calculations are valid or not. But it seems surprising that labs would be reporting November test results in March. I could understand a 4 week lag between onset of illness and reporting of test results, but 4 months seems very excessive. Therefore I suspect that there are some other factors here that WokeZombie is not accounting for (assuming her calculations aren't just plain wrong).
It's not just from November. Yesterday there was a "new positive" added that was from a test administered in March of last year!

It's not just from November. Yesterday there was a "new positive" added that was from a test administered in March of last year!
That just supports the point I was making, that there are some other factors at play here that WokeZombie is not taking into account (assuming her calculations aren't just plain wrong).

That just supports the point I was making, that there are some other factors at play here that WokeZombie is not taking into account (assuming her calculations aren't just plain wrong).
Unlikely. She's been doing this for a year. Someone would have corrected her by now. Also her work gets promoted by the anchor at News12, he has a personal and company reputation to protect.

Unlikely. She's been doing this for a year. Someone would have corrected her by now. Also her work gets promoted by the anchor at News12, he has a personal and company reputation to protect.

1) Just because she has been doing this for a year, doesn't mean she didn't make an error, or ignore a factor she was unaware of.

2) If the Trentonian is familiar with her calculations and believes them to be correct, why haven't they raised the question to the Governor or DOH?

Again, if PCR test results from 4-to-12 months ago are just getting reported now, something seems amiss. And one explanation is some sort of error by the sole person who determined that those very old test results have been delayed. It is also possible that results are delayed, but an explanation would be expected for such long delays. At the very least, I would have expected the Trentonian or other media to ask the question to the State.

1) Just because she has been doing this for a year, doesn't mean she didn't make an error, or ignore a factor she was unaware of.

2) If the Trentonian is familiar with her calculations and believes them to be correct, why haven't they raised the question to the Governor or DOH?

Again, if PCR test results from 4-to-12 months ago are just getting reported now, something seems amiss. And one explanation is some sort of error by the sole person who determined that those very old test results have been delayed. It is also possible that results are delayed, but an explanation would be expected for such long delays. At the very least, I would have expected the Trentonian or other media to ask the question to the State.
What is amiss is the entirety of the state's handling of Covid information dissemination. I really couldn't imagine them being worse. You seem content to give the state the benefit of the doubt. Why? They've been abysmal. I'm embarrassed for them, and furious as a taxpayer.

What is amiss is the entirety of the state's handling of Covid information dissemination. I really couldn't imagine them being worse. You seem content to give the state the benefit of the doubt. Why? They've been abysmal. I'm embarrassed for them, and furious as a taxpayer.
But you will still see staunch attitudes on the great job NJ and PM did. He didn’t and his advisor JP surely didn’t. Realize it is NJ great in many ways but certainly behind the times in many other areas.

I'm not giving the State the benefit of the doubt. I am not giving WokeZombie the benefit of the doubt either.

And I am certainly not giving the Trentonian, NJ101.5, or other media the benefit of the doubt -- since if they are familiar with WokeZombie's calculations they should raise the question. (That's assuming they haven't raised the question. For all I know, they asked the question, received an explanation and reported it in the middle of an article months ago.)

If you want to have a discussion about the validity of data reporting, you really need to take the emotion out of it.

I'm asking him to take the emotion out of his posts. I addressed his concerns in my previous post.
You didn't address anything. You have a hunch that it's Zombie making a mistake or having an incomplete awareness. I have a yearlong observation of the state being objective terrible at Covid data management and presentation. You could be right, but as I said, unlikely.

The epitome of part of the problem
Part of the problem, my butt, hot shot. First off, aren't experimental treatments for terminal ill patients also put into the Emergency Use category? A little story for you that has tainted my feelings on the vaccines. My Dad, back when he was 45, was put on a heart transplant list since his condition of Cardiomyopathy started to create water to collect in his stomach. He already had 2 operations to correct valve issues. He was offered an Emergency Use drug developed in France that was being used to extend the life of people on transplant lists. Well after only 2 months on this Emergency Use drug ,it destroyed his liver, making him ineligible to stay on a heart transplant list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT