ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the governor's reporting team forgot to set their clocks forward an hour. Daily update is 45 minutes late. Good thing we have the Zombie to tell us an hour ago that we're back under 3k new positives being reported today.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
On average, 273 "new" positives in every daily total reported in the month of March were from people tested last year.

Reactions: bac2therac
The state has been including records from prior days for a full year. That’s nothing new, so even if it’s not clarified it’s been consistent in this manner to be useful.

Somerset has a pretty good outbreak under way. Lots of people coming down with it, haven’t heard of any serious cases though which is good.

Reactions: gregkoko
The state has been including records from prior days for a full year. That’s nothing new, so even if it’s not clarified it’s been consistent in this manner to be useful.

Somerset has a pretty good outbreak under way. Lots of people coming down with it, haven’t heard of any serious cases though which is good.
And for a full year the media has been reporting the governor's misrepresentation verbatim, and the public in turn has consumed that misrepresentation verbatim. And that's in part why we are where we are with a wildly different public perception from reality.

Very shortly and sadly unfortunately we will hit 24 k deaths in NJ . And yet nobody in the NJ press cares to ask governor PM what could HE have done differently? Not everyone else but him as the facilitator.

Excess mortality since Covid started is closer to 21k, and surely some of those are not related to Covid. Some portion of those "Covid deaths" would have been mortalities anyway.

On average, 273 "new" positives in every daily total reported in the month of March were from people tested last year.
So were these cases reported twice? Last year and then again this month? The way she presents her data isn't the easiest to understand. Not sure where she is getting this from.

Since none of the current vaccines have been approved by the FDA except for Emergency Use, what happens after the pandemic is considered over or is considered a epidemic? Will the FDA fully approve all these different vaccines, or pull them until years of testing are done?
Jeeze do you ever think positively??

Jeeze do you ever think positively??
Yup, on most things in my life, just not how information on all things Covid/vaccines are being presented. That's my right, and 30% of Americans share my view. Would you agree "emergency use" is pretty much what experimental treatment is described as for the terminal ill, willing to try anything? The FDA hasn't approved any of these vaccines. Isn't that the reason none of these companies can be sued? They have zero liability for a friggin reason!

Yup, on most things in my life, just not how information on all things Covid/vaccines are being presented. That's my right, and 30% of Americans share my view. Would you agree "emergency use" is pretty much what experimental treatment is described as for the terminal ill, willing to try anything? The FDA hasn't approved any of these vaccines. Isn't that the reason none of these companies can be sued? They have zero liability for a friggin reason!
That is your right. Doesn't make you right. Always to the bottom of the barrel. You certainly do not understand the process.
There is zero liability about pandemic anything during a pandemic. It's saves you and me from being falsely accused of spreading Covid. It protects you as much as anyone. Wake up. You have zero liability too.

How would any of us know people are jumping in line> I am sure there are but when I was in line I saw young people but they could have had an approved illness or been a first responder for all I knew. They could even have been a smoker.
I know of some people who have in NY. They lied about conditions that they don't have,

I lost my uncle to COVID overnight. Vibrant, otherwise healthy 72-year-old. Was infected about 4 weeks ago and checked into Orlando's Florida Hospital about a week later. Just experienced a slow and steady decline. I've lost a number of associates and acquaintances, but this is the first family member I've lost.

The story is textbook. My uncle lost his wife to metastatic breast cancer a few years back and his son invited him to live with his family. Although he was healthy as a horse, he was a Vietnam-era amputee and my cousin didn't like the idea of his father living on his own. When COVID hit the northeast, like many Florida communities, theirs pooh-pooh'd the 'little flu' and carried on, business as usual. My cousin is also my business partner and I urged them daily to take precautions and mask up. When cases piled up throughout the state, he finally relented, but he tearfully confessed to me that when cases started dropping, he and his workers largely stopped masking. Sure enough, he became infected and brought it home. And now his father is dead. I'm still in shock. I managed to say goodbye to my uncle two weeks ago via Facetime.

Say what you will about the less than 1% death rate. When one of over half a million is someone close to you, the survival percentages are meaningless.
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: RUSK97
A week and 2 days I woke up with a swelling on my arm on my injection site. I look like a body builder on my left arm. Is this a normal reaction?

You can easily look up side effects information. Swelling in the arm where you got the shot is very common, and delayed reactions are also common. I had itching and swelling about a week after the first shot indicating a very minor allergic reaction. After the second shot I had raised red bumps on my arm that resolved in about 4-5 days.

A week and 2 days I woke up with a swelling on my arm on my injection site. I look like a body builder on my left arm. Is this a normal reaction?
I believe so. the second shot is rough on the arm is the word I've been hearing.

And for a full year the media has been reporting the governor's misrepresentation verbatim, and the public in turn has consumed that misrepresentation verbatim. And that's in part why we are where we are with a wildly different public perception from reality.
You have MDS!!!!

And I know of 12 people who took the Pfizer vaccine and who suffered some arm soreness shot #1 . Shot # 2 some fatigue , fever ,body aches but nothing more than a day. Too much misinformation by some.

Don't think so.
Rbd69f6a3cd32a18349926a2779b842e1
Oh snap, I forgot, I was suppose to shut up. Yea I know, AstraZeneca isn't approved for emergency use here in the states yet, but when it is, you'll all be promoting it. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...clot-cases-after-astrazeneca-shot/ar-BB1eyiZ9

Last edited:
Excess mortality since Covid started is closer to 21k, and surely some of those are not related to Covid. Some portion of those "Covid deaths" would have been mortalities anyway.
Excess mortality in NJ since COVID is just about equal to COVID deaths and, in fact, NJ is one of the only states without 20-30% more excess deaths than COVID deaths. And your, "they're only old people so who cares" act is wearing a bit thin. These deaths are all happening to people who would not have died at that time in their lives, but for COVID. Would some have died 6-12 months later? Sure, but that's 6-12 months they'll miss spending enjoying life and family and everything else.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/14/us/covid-19-death-toll.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2020
The State data are not off "wildly."
I didn't say the state was off wildly (although 10-15% "new positives" being ancient does corrupt the daily data point). The media's inability to properly interpret covid data is partially responsible for the difference between actual risk and perceived risk by the public. Nobody understands Rt, but the media never misses a chance to say "Rt going up!" Whenever cases plateau and it drifts to 1.0.

People my age think Covid is 3 orders of magnitude more likely to kill them than it actual is. Comms is partially to blame.

Excess mortality in NJ since COVID is just about equal to COVID deaths and, in fact, NJ is one of the only states without 20-30% more excess deaths than COVID deaths. And your, "they're only old people so who cares" act is wearing a bit thin. These deaths are all happening to people who would not have died at that time in their lives, but for COVID. Would some have died 6-12 months later? Sure, but that's 6-12 months they'll miss spending enjoying life and family and everything else.

Can you please back your opinions up with a legit source?

Would some have died 6-12 months later? Sure, but that's 6-12 months they'll miss spending enjoying life and family and everything else.
Enjoying friends and family? What CoVid lockdown have you been under?

Check out the total US death number from 1950-2021 here.. pay attention to 2014-2020

In 2014 the numbers begin to go UP. The change in the annual rate shows a sharp incline (it had been dropping year by year for awhile). The total number per 100K has been going up since 2014. This could largely be an age bubble. The first baby-boomers were born in 1945-1946.. That puts them at 75 years old.. which is below the average life expectancy but is pretty close. I would imagine that the death rate will continue to increase or at least stay at the high rate to account for the increase of births back in the 40s and 50s for those nearing the life expectancy numbers.

Last edited:
I didn't say the state was off wildly (although 10-15% "new positives" being ancient does corrupt the daily data point). The media's inability to properly interpret covid data is partially responsible for the difference between actual risk and perceived risk by the public. Nobody understands Rt, but the media never misses a chance to say "Rt going up!" Whenever cases plateau and it drifts to 1.0.

People my age think Covid is 3 orders of magnitude more likely to kill them than it actual is. Comms is partially to blame.
The media certainly has used those misleading stats as a means to cause confusion and fear. Those daily Rt figures are made to stand out and not in a good way. As in NY , Michigan and most likely NJ the use of those numbers were not given accurately. I think the percentages based upon age groups never seems to change and in that is where the questioning begins. Does anyone believe NJ as in NY have been given all the facts on daily rates? Backloading death totals month to month is highly questionable to say the least. It is still all about that special word which starts with the letter P————S. Too much manipulation.

You're right, after comparing deaths last 12 mo compared to the last five year mean, 24 is the right number not 21.

You might have me confused with someone else, I dont believe I've minimized the seriousness of the loss of these lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT