ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020-2021 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I just can't see Sandy ending this off-season with both JD at 3B and Dom in LF. Another plead for a JT reunion...

Reactions: Greg2020
That’s exactly the lineup I envision as well.
Crazy to think that with this lineup- good chance that our worst BA will belong to our slugger or Catcher. Alonso may bat .260 but slug 40 HR or we may have a .260-280 hitting catcher.
Our worst power may be our 2B or CF who may be two of our better offensive players...And we could actually get 20+ HR's from all positions except Catcher. Should have a 40+ HR guy(Alonso), at least 2 30+ (Conforto/Lindor) guys and and 2 25 HR guys (Davis/Smith)
I am not sure any of the NL East teams can compare with that for up and down the lineup.

I can see if JD and Dom were complete f*ckups at 3rd and LF, but I think it's more of them growing into their position. JD has played a total of 220 games in his MLB career. 110 of those games were at 3rd, and the rest spread out in the OF and 1st. Dom is experiencing the same thing. Dom has played 204 games outside of DH. Dom has 135 games at 1st, 68 in LF, and one in RF. The sample size is too small to decide whether they are bad at their positions (LF & 3rd). I think they need to focus on those positions (LF & 3rd) and not be concerned with the white noise from outside.

Crazy to think that with this lineup- good chance that our worst BA will belong to our slugger or Catcher. Alonso may bat .260 but slug 40 HR or we may have a .260-280 hitting catcher.
Our worst power may be our 2B or CF who may be two of our better offensive players...And we could actually get 20+ HR's from all positions except Catcher. Should have a 40+ HR guy(Alonso), at least 2 30+ (Conforto/Lindor) guys and and 2 25 HR guys (Davis/Smith)
I am not sure any of the NL East teams can compare with that for up and down the lineup.
McNeil is probably good for at least 15 HR.

I really like Davis - just don't want him playing 3B. 😢
Then, without a DH- he would be a must trade...I tend to agree with Cuff- let's see how both he and Dom do in their positions with a full year under their belt and knowing that is their position from day 1.

Slowly clearing out all the albatross contracts (Wright/Cespedes/Lowrie, etc.). Next up Familia, Betances, and Cano. Maybe someday in my lifetime we'll even be out from under Bobby Bo. :)
I’m hoping I’ll be alive when the Mets are no longer paying Bonilla lol

• Haha
Reactions: FrankZ

Yeah, I just can't see Sandy ending this off-season with both JD at 3B and Dom in LF. Another plead for a JT reunion...
The idea of Turner for two years is growing on me. A bridge to Baty, or Mauricio, or Vientos, or whomever else may win the competition. I look forward to once again seeing a homegrown position player emerge. Although we did have Gimenez last year.

The idea of Turner for two years is growing on me. A bridge to Baty, or Mauricio, or Vientos, or whomever else may win the competition. I look forward to once again seeing a homegrown position player emerge. Although we did have Gimenez last year.
Turner not coming to Mets. Not happening. He ll re-sign with Dodgers

Reactions: Mr Magoo
ESPN ranked the starting rotation #4 overall in baseball.

Keith Law ranked farm system #19 overall. Would have easily been top 10 if bvw didn't empty it out.

Reactions: tico brown
I would not go for more than 1 year on Justin Turner. And would only do if there was a complementary transaction with someone like Davis to improve another aspect of the team.

Jed Lowrie signs minor league contract with Oakland. Terms not announced, but believed to be significantly less than $20M over two years.

Mets announce Almora signing. To free up room on the 40 man, Oswalt DFA'd. As Oswalt was out of options, this move was considered inevitable, sooner or later.

Some interesting notes from the writers tonight.

Things picking up in the trade market but no specific names.

Mets looking for takers for Betances and Familia contracts.

Still talking to Justin Wilson even with Loup signing.

Talking to Arrieta and Paxton.

Mike Puma of NY Post reports that Mets have been in discussions with Cubs about Bryant and Reds about Suarez. That we knew. What we did not know is that both asked for Francisco Alvarez, and Mets said no. Good.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Per Robert Murray:

Sources: Mets, Red Sox and Royals in serious talks about a three-team trade. Andrew Benintendi to KC.

Why is Lowrie a scumbag? He signed here fully expecting to play and has been injured for two years. This is a guy that would have played if he was able to.
I still say that Lowrie and BVW knew he was hurt before he was signed to that contract, which is a scumbag move.

Passan and Heyman confirming also. Wonder how this shakes out for us.
BVW should’ve gotten Hosmer, Cain, Perez, and/or Moustakas when he had the chance, esp if he wanted to give away the Mets farm like free candy.

Gave up Winchowski who we received in the Matz trade.

Really nice reports on Lee though. Just one below.

Jarrett Seidler
@jaseidler
·
3m
I wrote Lee for the Royals list, where he was 8th. He’s a high upside 55 OFP for us and he’d probably rank 5th or 6th or so on the Mets list, and we did hear he made positive swing changes at the alt site

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT