ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

The contraction of the minor leagues is officially underway. The Appalachian League, formerly a Rookie League which included the Kingsport Mets, is no more. The NY-Penn League, home of the Short-Season A Brooklyn Cyclones, is expected to follow suit soon, with the Mets moving their AA team from Binghamton to Brooklyn.

So there will be fewer spots available at the bottom of the minor league pyramid. Fewer guys will have the chance to work their way up.

I wonder if the Indy Leagues will fill this void.

Reactions: cicero grimes
The contraction of the minor leagues is officially underway. The Appalachian League, formerly a Rookie League which included the Kingsport Mets, is no more. The NY-Penn League, home of the Short-Season A Brooklyn Cyclones, is expected to follow suit soon, with the Mets moving their AA team from Binghamton to Brooklyn.

So there will be fewer spots available at the bottom of the minor league pyramid. Fewer guys will have the chance to work their way up.

I wonder if the Indy Leagues will fill this void.
Perfect timing for Newark and Camden to get rid of Bears Stadium and Campbell's Field, eh? 🙄🙄🙄

Lol. Why is this thread still around. The Mets season is long over. This is a Yankees town. As it has always been. Now go back into hiding Mets fans.

Reactions: Kbee3
Why are the last handful of posts from Yankee fans...Don't you guys have playoffs or something like that? It is amazing their small dicks hate the Met's more than they like their own team. We have 83 pages and would have been maybe 40 at best if they didnt feel this weird need.

Why are the last handful of posts from Yankee fans...Don't you guys have playoffs or something like that? It is amazing their small dicks hate the Met's more than they like their own team. We have 83 pages and would have been maybe 40 at best if they didnt feel this weird need.
But we are the major Trolls.Oh the insanity. It's the chicken or the egg I guess.

Lol. Weren’t you the guy who posted go Indians. How did that turn out for ya chief. Scoreboard.
When the Yankees are booted will you be back with a lame,"at least we made it".
1200px-Tampa_Bay_Rays.svg.png

When the Yankees are booted will you be back with a lame,"at least we made it".
1200px-Tampa_Bay_Rays.svg.png
But we did make it. Yankees made it and advanced. Mets didn’t. And once again your October is spent rooting against the team playing the Yankees and not rooting for your team. It must be tough for ya, baloney tits.

But... But... Mets fans are the ones trolling THEM!!!!! Then they get sensitive and put you on ignore when you call them out on their BS!!!!!

But we did make it. Yankees made it and advanced. Mets didn’t. And once again your October is spent rooting against the team playing the Yankees and not rooting for your team. It must be tough for ya, baloney tits.
Pathetic. Instead of enjoying their teams success, the usual suspects are showing off what sets off the BS Detectors: the lead in their arse or the sh*t in their brains.

Cant like this enough!!!!!

But... But... Mets fans are the ones trolling THEM!!!!! Then they get sensitive and put you on ignore when you call them out on their BS!!!!!
As I've said, it's the chicken or egg bull$hit.They are always innocent, hello. As far as Judge goes, it was Yankee fans getting butt hurt over a Met breaking his Rookie HR record, and throwing out a $hit load of juiced ball excuses and all kinds of crying so my rebuttal is/was, at least he stays on the field. Alonso is no- - -Mr. Softee

Last edited:
There is no way I'd ever root for the Mets. Ever.
Every game they lose makes my day a little happier.
1986 was sooooo long ago.
With that in mind, the past 10 years have been a little happier also, and waiting on #11. It's at least refreshing to see Yankee fans with "all" their success admit they still keep a close eye on all things Mets.PS. It's nice to see you and plenty of the followers of The 3 Amigos have emerged from yourself imposed 3 week quarantine when the Yankees were, unwatchable, to quote your own fan base.

Never believed in the Indians, especially some of the batting averages i saw.

Lol. Why is this thread still around. The Mets season is long over. This is a Yankees town. As it has always been. Now go back into hiding Mets fans.
Yet somehow you found the thread to post on. Assuming we are both Rutgers fans, look at it this way. If someone told us Rutgers is not relevant go into hiding I certainly know how I would respond. 50 years ago my father taught me many valuable lessons. Regarding being a sports fan, he said root for your team in good times and bad. Enjoy the victories even if they don’t come as often as you want. You will enjoy them even more when they happen. I certainly feel that way about Rutgers and the Mets.

Yet somehow you found the thread to post on. Assuming we are both Rutgers fans, look at it this way. If someone told us Rutgers is not relevant go into hiding I certainly know how I would respond. 50 years ago my father taught me many valuable lessons. Regarding being a sports fan, he said root for your team in good times and bad. Enjoy the victories even if they don’t come as often as you want. You will enjoy them even more when they happen. I certainly feel that way about Rutgers and the Mets.
Bird did you watch wentworth.

I'd root for the coronavirus over the Yanks. Amazing you guys aren't Penn State fans too.
I root for the local teams....have done so since before the Mets existed.
Rutgers is way more local than Pedd State.
Oh, I'm also a graduate.

Local teams, as in Mets, lolololool, yea OK.
Oh, no. I was a Yankees fan before the Mets even existed. Me and my cousin following daily the chase by Mantle and Maris to break Ruth's home run record in 1961 was so great. Then we got the joke that was the Mets the following year. You think I was gonna dump the Bronx Bombers for that clownish crew ?
News flash.....I don't quit on my teams Growing up there was one team in each sport locally...Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Knicks. I still root for those four teams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT