ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

Nothing to alarm me about Diaz yet.
The main thing I got out of yesterday is that Cano is going to F up this lineup. I wish he would go away. I’m so sick of his slow rollers to 2nd. He’s 100 years old and he’s done. If he plays, he needs to bat 7-9.
The real problem is the guy in charge who could not see that the Cano deal was the obvious long term disaster that everyone else so easily saw. Thank Christ we’ll have a new owner and GM next year.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Really hope BVW/Rojas doesn't force this Cano/Cespedes thing. Cespedes hasn't played in 2 years and Cano is not going to be the Cano of old anymore.

On the ownership front, Fox Business News now reporting that it's down to two bidders - Cohen, and Harris/Blitzer. JRod can't match their bids. Although that could change if they managed to line up another partner.

There had been some question about whether the other owners would approve the rather unsavory Cohen. But this report says they'll approve the high bidder, regardless. Their primary concern is that the sale price is as high as possible, because that sets a benchmark for the valuation of their own franchise.

All I know is Joe Girardi was there for the taking during the off-season and they end with this clown Rojas at the helm

Team Is so unprepared it’s scary to watch. What the hell is this manager and coaching staff doing except shoving cano and cespedes down our throat

Watching 2 exhibition games and being embarrassed as a fan is scary for what the season will evolve to where there is no room for error.

Reactions: tico brown
All I know is Joe Girardi was there for the taking during the off-season and they end with this clown Rojas at the helm

Team Is so unprepared it’s scary to watch. What the hell is this manager and coaching staff doing except shoving cano and cespedes down our throat

Watching 2 exhibition games and being embarrassed as a fan is scary for what the season will evolve to where there is no room for error.

Calm down.

I do scratch my head a bit at how so little is said about the potential pitching problems this team has. Noah out. Let Wheeler walk. Just hoping somehow that Betances rediscovers his velocity and Diaz his command. And that Wacha finds his velocity too, and Porcello pitches better than he has been. That’s setting aside finding ways to put together a lineup and field the ball with a roster overfilled with third baseman and DHs that BVWIQ put together. I dunno about this . . .

Reactions: cicero grimes
I do scratch my head a bit at how so little is said about the potential pitching problems this team has. Noah out. Let Wheeler walk. Just hoping somehow that Betances rediscovers his velocity and Diaz his command. And that Wacha finds his velocity too, and Porcello pitches better than he has been. That’s setting aside finding ways to put together a lineup and field the ball with a roster overfilled with third baseman and DHs that BVWIQ put together. I dunno about this . . .
Sometimes you have to overpay for some players. Overpay for Can't hit Cano... NO. Overpay for Wheeler... yes consider the the Mets were so so about Thor before he got hurt. Also, the Mets are still not sure if they are willing to commit to Stroman long term. Instead, they look for cheap deals and hope it works out.

Reactions: cicero grimes
2 runs given up in only 1/3 of an inning. Well done! The 3-batter minimum is really going go hurt the Mets with that bullpen and "closer". Yikes.
No disagreement he was terrible last year, but you are calling him out? How about someone make a play behind him? What tool you are.

Jed Lowrie fiasco just a side note in my book after the Kelenic trade tomfoolery.

Lowrie (surprise!) and Lockett to IR. Brach and Hughes already there, presumably due to COVID. Adams has opted out. Gsellman day to day. Who knows what's up with Ramos.

Since I'm a positive guy, let's just say that getting down to 30 should be easier than it seemed a week ago.

You have a special knack for making yourself look like a fool. Maybe actually do some research before hitting post? He played a full year his rookie season. 155 games. Lol.
Yep- a damn fool. I mean, it is the guys 4 th year in the league and he did play a full one once...silliness

Reactions: Knight Shift

That's a BVW thing. Not a Rojas thing. The reason why Girardi is in Philly instead of Queens.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Jed Lowrie fiasco just a side note in my book after the Kelenic trade tomfoolery.
And how come his contract has not been voided since he was injured since the trade? How come BVW is still around after this?

Yep- a damn fool. I mean, it is the guys 4 th year in the league and he did play a full one once...silliness
Why do the asshat Yankee fans seem to congregate in Mets threads? The same ones who like to crow about their 27 World Series championships, but only 1 in the last 20 years. Where are the civil and rational Yankee fans?

And how come his contract has not been voided since he was injured since the trade? How come BVW is still around after this?
What trade? Lowrie was signed as a free agent. Caveat emptor. Unlike Cespedes, Lowrie was not injured due to prohibited non-baseball activities. Mets are responsible for 100 cents on the dollar. Sh!t happens. No GM is baseball gets fired over it.

The Ghost of Jed Lowrie is the least of the Mets worries. In three months no one will remember the name.

True. In baseball, injuries do not void contracts. Only if you injure yourself doing something prohibited by your contract. That's pretty common knowledge even to casual fans and has been the case for decades.

That said, precisely why did BVW-IQ sign Lowrie to a $10mm per year contract? Were JD Davis, McNeil, Alonso, Smith, Rosario, Guillermo, the dreaded Cano and all the others not enough exchangeable parts that all can't play the field already? Imagine not having Cano's and Lowrie's contracts and having been able to spend that money on pitching. Whatever. It appears that the clock is ticking on BVW-IQ and the Wilpons. 60 games. 59, 58 . . .

What trade? Lowrie was signed as a free agent. Caveat emptor. Unlike Cespedes, Lowrie was not injured due to prohibited non-baseball activities. Mets are responsible for 100 cents on the dollar. Sh!t happens. No GM is baseball gets fired over it.

The Ghost of Jed Lowrie is the least of the Mets worries. In three months no one will remember the name.
I stand corrected. I was think of that other brilliant BVW trade of a top prospect for Robinson Cano, another lump in the lineup who's going to hold the Mets back for the next 3-4 years.

It's too bad Lowrie wont retire like Michael Cuddyer since hes been nothing but injured and stealing money since the trade. I wouldnt be surprised if he was hurt before the trade and his former agent got him a free 2 year hook up.

And I find it amazing that two of the most questionable acquisitions in baseball in the last 20 years was made by a GM hooking up his former clients.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Get home last night, turn on SNY and they have on best finishes from the 2006 and 2007 seasons. I understand that some of them were past their prime but those teams had some talent on offense. Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Delagado, Shawn Green, Moises Alou, Paul LoDuca. I guess the problem was starting pitching.

True. In baseball, injuries do not void contracts. Only if you injure yourself doing something prohibited by your contract. That's pretty common knowledge even to casual fans and has been the case for decades.

That said, precisely why did BVW-IQ sign Lowrie to a $10mm per year contract? Were JD Davis, McNeil, Alonso, Smith, Rosario, Guillermo, the dreaded Cano and all the others not enough exchangeable parts that all can't play the field already? Imagine not having Cano's and Lowrie's contracts and having been able to spend that money on pitching. Whatever. It appears that the clock is ticking on BVW-IQ and the Wilpons. 60 games. 59, 58 . . .
Well we know that there's gonna be a new bossman (or maybe bosscouple?) No one in Met management, from the front office on down, is safe. If ever a team was under pressure to win now, this is the team.

No fans allowed, but the players really don't look to be taking social distancing seriously. And this is before the first official game. The other NY team looks to be way ahead of us. Hope Nimmo finds his groove quickly. Expect Rosario to vie for team MVP. Play ball. $$$$

Well we know that there's gonna be a new bossman (or maybe bosscouple?) No one in Met management, from the front office on down, is safe. If ever a team was under pressure to win now, this is the team.
I can't imagine any competent business man keeping on as GM someone who had no qualifications for the job or experience in a front office and whose decisions on the job have largely confirmed that he was a dopey selection. True, the Mets could end up with another set of incompetent owners. But I'm trying to think positively.

I stand corrected. I was think of that other brilliant BVW trade of a top prospect for Robinson Cano, another lump in the lineup who's going to hold the Mets back for the next 3-4 years.

It's too bad Lowrie wont retire like Michael Cuddyer since hes been nothing but injured and stealing money since the trade. I wouldnt be surprised if he was hurt before the trade and his former agent got him a free 2 year hook up.

And I find it amazing that two of the most questionable acquisitions in baseball in the last 20 years was made by a GM hooking up his former clients.
I don't like BVW at all and it was crazy to hire him but let's try to get some facts involved.
The actually shitty trade was for Diaz...Taking Cano and his contract was just BVW getting schooled. And at first, almost sounded not too bad when it seemed he got them to pick up most of the contract(which ended up being false.)
Second part- can someone please find me the trade that brought Lowrie here.

Why do the asshat Yankee fans seem to congregate in Mets threads? The same ones who like to crow about their 27 World Series championships, but only 1 in the last 20 years. Where are the civil and rational Yankee fans?
You mean the same asshats that can't swallow that only 1 NY baseball team has been to the WS in the past decade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT