ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak57
Amazingly, the manner in which the Post received this information seems even shadier than the allegations raised in the arbitration.
I don't doubt that at all. But this is one instance where perception may be all that matters. The hypothesis is that some owners will be looking for any reason to vote against Cohen. Not on any moral or ethical grounds, but because they fear he will blow away the salary structure. It only takes eight to block it.

Who knows if any of this is true or not. But if the Wilpons believe it may be, and if they think a Cohen sale may be jeopardized as a result, they may say f-it and accept a lower, "safer" bid.

1:00 Matinee today against the righty Voth, with a rain delay possible, Same lineup as yesterday except for Nido in, Ramos out.

Nimmo CF
Davis 3B
McNeil LF
Conforto RF
Alonso 1B
Smith DH
Gimenez SS
Nido C
Guillorme 2B
----------------------
Peterson P

I beat both of you, I was a fan in 62, talk about die-hard!!!
I was a Yankees fan in 1962....although Mantle/Maris chasing the Babe's record in 1961 was a difficult act to follow.
I could never understand how anyone could be interested in what was probably the worst MLB team in history clowning it up over in Queens.
Amazin.

Nido terrible
You can’t bat 200 and not make every play
McNeill makes great catch and is now being carted off

And you call yourself a Rutgers fan . . .
Sadly, I do. Since about the same time that I became a Yankees fan. See...I started long ago rooting for the local teams....Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers...and Rutgers. Living in Middlesex County back then those were the only local teams. I grew up in the New Brunswick area. My high school team played New Brunswick every Thanksgiving at Rutgers Stadium. And, of course, eventually I attended Rutgers.
I've always found it difficult to understand what drew fans to the sad sack Mets back when they were created and were the laughing stock of baseball. The Yankees had Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Whitey Ford, Yogi Berra. And the Mets had..... Choo Choo Coleman. There was already a top-notch MLB team in the area. Why would anyone jump on the Mets train ?
Even now that the Mets aren't quite the laughing stock that they once were I still can't figure it out. I guess maybe if someone grew up in Queens. Or had a relative that was a player. Or liked the Mets' mascot. Or that big apple that rises up whenever a Met hits a homer. Or maybe they just like losing.

Sadly, I do. Since about the same time that I became a Yankees fan. See...I started long ago rooting for the local teams....Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers...and Rutgers. Living in Middlesex County back then those were the only local teams. I grew up in the New Brunswick area. My high school team played New Brunswick every Thanksgiving at Rutgers Stadium. And, of course, eventually I attended Rutgers.
I've always found it difficult to understand what drew fans to the sad sack Mets back when they were created and were the laughing stock of baseball. The Yankees had Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Whitey Ford, Yogi Berra. And the Mets had..... Choo Choo Coleman. There was already a top-notch MLB team in the area. Why would anyone jump on the Mets train ?
Even now that the Mets aren't quite the laughing stock that they once were I still can't figure it out. I guess maybe if someone grew up in Queens. Or had a relative that was a player. Or liked the Mets' mascot. Or that big apple that rises up whenever a Met hits a homer. Or maybe they just like losing.
What drew them was National League Baseball and losing the Giants and Dodgers. Are you really that ignorant not to see the connection, or is this your feeble attempt at mocking Mets fans,lol. Root for your modern day "Iron Horse" coming back in short order.

Nido terrible
You can’t bat 200 and not make every play
McNeill makes great catch and is now being carted off
Thanks BVW!!!!! Thabks for that stupid Cano/Diaz trade when you already had a second baseman in McNeil. But now he hurt himself in LF because you're an idiot.

That is all.

I was a Yankees fan in 1962....although Mantle/Maris chasing the Babe's record in 1961 was a difficult act to follow.
I could never understand how anyone could be interested in what was probably the worst MLB team in history clowning it up over in Queens.
Amazin.
This is just silly. You do realize 2 NY franchises who’s fans hated the Yankees had just left NY.

Reactions: Plum Street
Amazin.
Easy- they filled the void for fans of the teams that left. My mom grew up in Brooklyn and was a Dodger fan. She always pulled for the Mets over the Yankees after the Dodgers left.

It's all cyclical anyway. The Mets owned New York in the 1980s. If they had the wild card back then, more of those teams would have made the playoffs, then who knows with their pitching? Back then, the Yankees were overpaying for guys like Dave LaPoint and Andy Hawkins. It's a shame Don Mattingly didn't get to play with some real pitching for the majority of his career.

I hope and pray McNeil is ok. He epitomizes all what is right about pro athletes plus being a heckuva ball player. Whatta shame. Didn’t see play but reading about it makes me think it’s not good

Reactions: Greg2020
Uh, it was a good-hearted joke.

You have reminded me, however, how the Mets were the more popular team in NY for about 30 years until the Wilpons went solo and put their stamp on the franchise.

Dom Smith continues to show what he can do with his opportunity. Not just a great teammate but an emerging hitter and cog in the lineup.
Good to see him turn the corner. Early on in his career, he was getting criticism for his work ethic, but he has worked hard and is seeing results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT