ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

What drew them was National League Baseball and losing the Giants and Dodgers. Are you really that ignorant not to see the connection, or is this your feeble attempt at mocking Mets fans,lol. Root for your modern day "Iron Horse" coming back in short order.
My father was a Giants fan back before they left for the west coast. We had many a Willie Mays-Mickey Mantle argument.
He didn't get on the clown train when the Mets were created four years later. Who would ?
I also knew a number of Dodger fans who laughed at the Mets just as loud as I did.

My father was a Giants fan back before they left for the west coast. We had many a Willie Mays-Mickey Mantle argument.
He didn't get on the clown train when the Mets were created four years later. Who would ?
I also knew a number of Dodger fans who laughed at the Mets just as loud as I did.
So it sounds like you've always kept great company!:WideSmile:

I can almost see some Giants fans moving over to the Yankees but not many but almost no real Dodger fan ever moved over to the Yankees. My Dad and his friends actually became Pirate fans for those years before the Met's came about.
But, you would always have the die hards that had to be at the ballpark for a game...Those are the few that I could see sitting in the stands of the hated Yankees.
Everyone laughed at the Mets back then. And just a few years later, many were finally getting to laugh at the Yankees for a decade.

I do have a different sort of question for you. Up until maybe the 80's, who was your football team?

I can almost see some Giants fans moving over to the Yankees but not many but almost no real Dodger fan ever moved over to the Yankees. My Dad and his friends actually became Pirate fans for those years before the Met's came about.
But, you would always have the die hards that had to be at the ballpark for a game...Those are the few that I could see sitting in the stands of the hated Yankees.
Everyone laughed at the Mets back then. And just a few years later, many were finally getting to laugh at the Yankees for a decade.

I do have a different sort of question for you. Up until maybe the 80's, who was your football team?
Rutgers.
On the elite level I didn't really have one. Back then it was whoever I had a bet on. Although it was NEVER Pedd State or Notre Dame.
Looking back, college football was so much more fun for me back then when I didn't have much of an emotional investment in any particular school.

Good to see little petey Alonso finally do something at the plate other then whiff. Guy has been brutal this year but hopefully this breaks him out of it. He is no Aaron judge that’s for sure.

Good to see little petey Alonso finally do something at the plate other then whiff. Guy has been brutal this year but hopefully this breaks him out of it. He is no Aaron judge that’s for sure.
Aaron Judge has had his ups and downs. Not a Yankee fan but do like to watch him play. Lets give Alonso more than 180 career games before saying ones better than the other. This year, yes it goes to Judge.

Rutgers.
On the elite level I didn't really have one. Back then it was whoever I had a bet on. Although it was NEVER Pedd State or Notre Dame.
Looking back, college football was so much more fun for me back then when I didn't have much of an emotional investment in any particular school.
Ahhhh, since we were talking pro baseball, I meant the NFL

There is this new thing called the World Wide Web...funny what you can find out.
Judge's first 2 years he played 182 games and Little Petey has now played 182 games.
Judge
AB 626 R 138 H 169 2B 26 3B 3 HR 56 RBI 124
Little Petey
AB 672 R 114 H 173 2B 33 3B 2 HR 56 RBI 131

It is actually very amazing how identical these guys are over 180 games to start their career. And BOTH- VERY Impressive

This from Michael Mayer of Metsmerized Online:

"Luis Rojas had his presser moved from 430 up to 4 today. Heard there's a chance that Jacob deGrom gets scratched from his start tonight."

"Luis Rojas had his presser moved from 430 up to 4 today. Heard there's a chance that Jacob deGrom gets scratched from his start tonight."

The last 2 years if my memory serves me deGrom has always a missed a few weeks after his first 3 or 4 starts. It's like his arm gets tired early and then he is fine. Hoping it is more of the same.

Was worried about his blisterr situation the last few starts.

Heard Degrom is scratched. Don’t know if it’s his back, finger or what

Hope nothing serious.

There is this new thing called the World Wide Web...funny what you can find out.
Judge's first 2 years he played 182 games and Little Petey has now played 182 games.
Judge
AB 626 R 138 H 169 2B 26 3B 3 HR 56 RBI 124
Little Petey
AB 672 R 114 H 173 2B 33 3B 2 HR 56 RBI 131

It is actually very amazing how identical these guys are over 180 games to start their career. And BOTH- VERY Impressive
STATS AND TRUTH DONT MEAN SH** TO SOME PEOPLE. And I actually like Judge.

STATS AND TRUTH DONT MEAN SH** TO SOME PEOPLE. And I actually like Judge.
I love Judge and want to see a follow-up season where he is healthy and gets to play 150 games.
Some "fans" just need a reality check every once in a while because they do say stupid shit.

I love Judge and want to see a follow-up season where he is healthy and gets to play 150 games.
Some "fans" just need a reality check every once in a while because they do say stupid shit.
He can be a Derek Jeter type if people stop trying to force him to be Captain Yankee and what not.

And it looks like Alonso is going through the dreaded sophomore slump that 70% of the rookies go through. DUH... It what he does in year 3 makes or breaks him.

And it looks like Alonso is going through the dreaded sophomore slump that 70% of the rookies go through. DUH... It what he does in year 3 makes or breaks him.
So hard to judge anything this year. What could end up being a bad year would have amounted to less than a bad half a season. In many seasons, you could go sub .200 with very little production for 20 games and still hit 280+ with 35+ HR - and on the other hand , he could have a hot week and go 10-25 with 4-5 HR and all of a sudden, look like he is having another good season.

Tonight's deGromless lineup. Cano and Rosario return:

Nimmo CF
Conforto RF
Alonso 1B
Smith LF
Cano DH
Ramos C
Gimenez 3B
Guillorme 2B
Rosario SS
-------------------
Lockett P