ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJTransit nightmare from last night

NJT train engineers and conductors have somehow found a way to be exempted from the state essential employee status. this limits their ability to strike, limits the state's ability to control their actions. and their union gets whatever it wants. christie tried to strongarm them to agree to the same raises every other state agency was getting and they forced him to cave and gave them more than anyone else, including the NJT folks responsible for bus service.

I am trying to remember a Governator in NJ that made commuting, not better, just not worse. Is there such a person ?

60 min delayed tonight. Signal issues. I was catching the 6:20 but got on the 5:52 instead. Got lucky and made it home at the same time as the 6:20.

60 min delayed tonight. Signal issues. I was catching the 6:20 but got on the 5:52 instead. Got lucky and made it home at the same time as the 6:20.

Friend of mine that works for Nj transit told me that “signal issues” are mostly bs and boiler plate excuse. Lots of time it’s something else

And someone said NJ transit is better than the PATH ... these extremely disruptive events resulting in 60 min + delays, confusion, etc happen nearly weekly. The quality of life for people depending on NJ transit is terrible. I'm literally one of the people who continues to decide to pay high living expenses in Hoboken/JC than rather pay with poorer quality of life and higher stress levels. Thats how bad NJ transit it .. impacting willing people's decisions to live in "commutable" towns.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I noted that Secaucus has added several hundred more parking slots.
Is that helpful ?

How about the 'work crews' than walk along the tracks and one guy carries the little round "Work Crew" sign on a short stick !

And someone said NJ transit is better than the PATH ... these extremely disruptive events resulting in 60 min + delays, confusion, etc happen nearly weekly. The quality of life for people depending on NJ transit is terrible. I'm literally one of the people who continues to decide to pay high living expenses in Hoboken/JC than rather pay with poorer quality of life and higher stress levels. Thats how bad NJ transit it .. impacting willing people's decisions to live in "commutable" towns.
NJT is clearly worse than the path. I don't say that because of statistics (no idea what schedule adherence or anything like that is) but simply because there are alternative options when the PATH is down. NJT customers aren't or maybe cant just drive w/o losing multiple hours.

Get the fock out of New York NOW ! The $$$ is not worth it. It’s a big country. Lots of better places. Google them.
Here in Texas there are so many billboards on the interstate saying various forms of: new to Texas? Welcome...please leave the reason you left California behind...

as someone who moved from NY I always prefaced it by saying retired military...then no so bad! This place is being overrun with people the Northeast and California. (Fastest growing city 8 years running)

Here in Texas there are so many billboards on the interstate saying various forms of: new to Texas? Welcome...please leave the reason you left California behind...

as someone who moved from NY I always prefaced it by saying retired military...then no so bad! This place is being overrun with people the Northeast and California. (Fastest growing city 8 years running)
Glad it’s finally catching up. Texas is smart to diversify their economy and be less dependent on energy. You picked up the Texas accent Or a cowboy hat to fit in?

Get the fock out of New York NOW ! The $$$ is not worth it. It’s a big country. Lots of better places. Google them.
Not according to free market. It’s $$$ because it’s desirable. Like Yogi said, no one goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT