ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Yankees 2018-19 Hot Stove

If that is the swap I would do it in a second. Andujar has serious defensive issues. I get people are down on Machado due to the way he has acted the last year, but he is a top three player of n the game and 26 years old. Guys saying he wouldn’t “fit in” are nuts.
I'd much rather spin an Andujar led package for Baumgartner. Then sign Machado. Big investment but now you have seriously improved the team.

Is Keuchel still out there? Him as choice A then Happ as B. Monty is coming back after the break and my sleeper is German.

You have no idea what he is like in the clubhouse.
I don't but the reporters who are there everyday sure do. I'll take their word for it. Selfish players are usually not very popular in the clubhouse.

I'm a lifelong Yankees fan living in the Boston area for the past 35 years so my perspective is somewhat unique. The Red Sox thrived because their starting pitching was dominant and light years better than the Yankees. The Yanks do not need Harper or Machado and should save their money and continue to pursue a decent starter , sign Happ and re-sign Robertson . I'm disappointed they missed on Corbin who everyone was saying wanted to be in NY. Don't trade Andujar--yes his throwing arm angle leads to bad throws but that can be corrected. But his bat is special. And I've always liked Greg Bird and would not give up on him just yet. If he could stay healthy and get off to a decent start perhaps he'll break out. The Yanks don't need more offense and don't need to import a potential cancer in the clubhouse like Machado.

I'd much rather spin an Andujar led package for Baumgartner. Then sign Machado. Big investment but now you have seriously improved the team.
Love Baumgartner for the playoffs, but he has been hurt so much. Giving up Andujar for him would be a big risk.

If that is the swap I would do it in a second. Andujar has serious defensive issues. I get people are down on Machado due to the way he has acted the last year, but he is a top three player of n the game and 26 years old. Guys saying he wouldn’t “fit in” are nuts.

Serious defensive issues? No way! He is raw but certainly not a serious defensive liability. Give the kid a chance. Who was that rookie who came up and sailed throws over the first baseman's head from SS? Oh yeah, Mickey Mantle - he did Ok.

Serious defensive issues? No way! He is raw but certainly not a serious defensive liability. Give the kid a chance. Who was that rookie who came up and sailed throws over the first baseman's head from SS? Oh yeah, Mickey Mantle - he did Ok.
You're right and this kid is so good I wouldn't even trade him for Mickey. hehehehe

I'm a lifelong Yankees fan living in the Boston area for the past 35 years so my perspective is somewhat unique. The Red Sox thrived because their starting pitching was dominant and light years better than the Yankees. The Yanks do not need Harper or Machado and should save their money and continue to pursue a decent starter , sign Happ and re-sign Robertson . I'm disappointed they missed on Corbin who everyone was saying wanted to be in NY. Don't trade Andujar--yes his throwing arm angle leads to bad throws but that can be corrected. But his bat is special. And I've always liked Greg Bird and would not give up on him just yet. If he could stay healthy and get off to a decent start perhaps he'll break out. The Yanks don't need more offense and don't need to import a potential cancer in the clubhouse like Machado.
I agree with everything in your post.
We need improved starting pitching and no weakening of the bullpen.
We don't need any more guys that stand in the batter's box admiring their drive that bounces off the wall and only gets them a single due to lack of hustle.
And remember this team won 100 games last year with Sonny Grey in the rotation and lots of key injuries. We'll be fine.

Reactions: RW90 and T2Kplus10
I agree with everything in your post.
We need improved starting pitching and no weakening of the bullpen.
We don't need any more guys that stand in the batter's box admiring their drive that bounces off the wall and only gets them a single due to lack of hustle.
And remember this team won 100 games last year with Sonny Grey in the rotation and lots of key injuries. We'll be fine.
+1
We don't need any panic moves. Getting Paxton was solid. Sign Happ, Robertson, and Britten and go from there.

Reactions: Kbee3
Love Baumgartner for the playoffs, but he has been hurt so much. Giving up Andujar for him would be a big risk.
Actually the reporter from MLB network was on discussing Baumgarter. He mentioned he got hurt in an ATV accident and then broke his non pitching hand in a comebacker. He’s never had arm issues and is the same age as Corbin at a fraction the cost. I think you make that trade

Actually the reporter from MLB network was on discussing Baumgarter. He mentioned he got hurt in an ATV accident and then broke his non pitching hand in a comebacker. He’s never had arm issues and is the same age as Corbin at a fraction the cost. I think you make that trade
So then we have the same situation, just like Kluber:
Trade Andujar for Baum
Sign Machado

Machado is a better fit than Harper, who really makes no sense for the Yanks.
Harper is a left handed bat. Machado is just another lazy right handed strike out victim. Neither are a fit. Both aren't popular teammates.

Harper is a left handed bat. Machado is just another lazy right handed strike out victim. Neither are a fit. Both aren't popular teammates.
Harper strikes out more and the outfield is overcrowded. The Yanks need another infielder.

Not for $300 million they don't. He isn't a good fielder anyway
Machado is not a good fielder? He had good stats as a SS. A little limited in range. As a 3B if he went back there he could arguably be the greatest fielding 3B of all time.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Yanks need LH hitting. Harper appears out. What about Brantley from Cleveland? Probably a 20-80 guy playing in the stadium and something the Yanks need, he hits for average.

Yanks need LH hitting. Harper appears out. What about Brantley from Cleveland? Probably a 20-80 guy playing in the stadium and something the Yanks need, he hits for average.
Problem with Brantley is that he is an outfielder. We have way too many of them.

Gardner signed for another year. So - Judge, Hicks, Stanton, Gardner, Frazier, Ellsbury. Didn't resign McCutchen. Too many!

Yes, too many. With Stanton as DH I only see two who can make a contribution day in, day out. IMO, Yanks overall just have too many RH hitters especially now with DiDi's absence

I think my priority would be to resign Happ, Robertson and Britton. All three have shown they can pitch well not only in the AL but also in the NYC environment. See if you can pry second baseman Whit Merrifield from KC and move Torres to short. When Didi comes back you can ease him into the lineup maybe giving him some games at first if the light hasn't gone on for Bird. If the cost isn't exorbitant, I'd try to sign the Japanese pitcher thinking that given the makeup of the starters there will be injuries throughout the season.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I think my priority would be to resign Happ, Robertson and Britton. All three have shown they can pitch well not only in the AL but also in the NYC environment. See if you can pry second baseman Whit Merrifield from KC and move Torres to short. When Didi comes back you can ease him into the lineup maybe giving him some games at first if the light hasn't gone on for Bird. If the cost isn't exorbitant, I'd try to sign the Japanese pitcher thinking that given the makeup of the starters there will be injuries throughout the season.
Very reasonable plan.

Cashman on Fatso show said Torres natural position is 2nd base and they won't be moving him over to short.

Machado is not a good fielder? He had good stats as a SS. A little limited in range. As a 3B if he went back there he could arguably be the greatest fielding 3B of all time.

I guess you are a younger fan, but trust me he would not even be the greatest Yankee fielding 3rd baseman of all time.

Reactions: irishflu92
Let's hope he says the same about Machado

Bus, report today says that there is a rumor of a three way involving Syndergaard to the Yanks J.T Realmondo (sp?) to the Mets and Andujar to the Marlins. Let's hope the only three way today is in Cashman's suite! this would open the door for the Machado deal. DO NOT trade Andular!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT