ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Preseason games are over. Now just waiting for Thursday at 1pm. Opening Day! Opening Day should be a National Holiday. Wish I could make it. Anyone going?
Love all the additions they added this year. Still want another starter but who doesn't.
Excited for the season to start for all of baseball but mostly for this Yankee team. Plus living in the Philly area there is a buzz about this year. They made some excellent additions.

Preseason games are over. Now just waiting for Thursday at 1pm. Opening Day! Opening Day should be a National Holiday. Wish I could make it. Anyone going?
Love all the additions they added this year. Still want another starter but who doesn't.
Excited for the season to start for all of baseball but mostly for this Yankee team. Plus living in the Philly area there is a buzz about this year. They made some excellent additions.
Let's roll, looking forward to an exciting year!

Reactions: Jm0513
For those interested, July 20th is Rutgers Day, hosted by the Rutgers Club of NYC. I thought this was a good deal:

https://offer.fevo.com/rutgers-university--88a234e?fevoUri=rutgers-university--88a234e/

2w6ffpw.jpg

One of my friends who posts here is at the game... I'm definitely jealous. I'll have to just enjoy watching on TV at my place. Go Yankees!

Good luck to the Yanks this year...

Looks like theyre already got off in the right foot lol.

So a great start to the 2019. But no game today so a little bummed. Back at it tomorrow in 70 degree weather!

Very interesting lineup today. Voit at 1st, DJ at 3rd, Andujar the DH. Bird not in lineup.

The Yankees are 3 wins away from winning it all as Kentucky advanced to the Elite Eight.

Every time-except in years in which they play Baylor in the Tournament-Kentucky wins in the spring,the Yankees follow in the fall.You can set your clocks by it.

Well yesterday stunk. Had a bad feeling after Yankees loaded up the bases in the 1stonly to hit into a double play.
The Yankees have to do better against crappy teams. The played awful yesterday.

Well yesterday stunk. Had a bad feeling after Yankees loaded up the bases in the 1stonly to hit into a double play.
The Yankees have to do better against crappy teams. The played awful yesterday.
Yankees should have started 9-0...losing to the Orioles in an “opener” game no less aint gonna cut it

Today it's Torres at SS, DJ at 2nd, Bird at 1st
Voit is DH

Game currently under a rain delay.

Sonny Gray didn't make it out of the 3rd inning of his Reds debut. 3 runs on 5 hits. Not going to miss him.

Yankees place Stanton on 10 day IL (formally known as the DL). Bicep strain.

It's freezing out there, it's 39 but the winds are strong and if they don't die down any I pity any fool going to the game tonight. I hate being at games in weather like this.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I guess it's going to be one of those years. Miguel Andujar was placed on the 10 day IL. That's 9 Yankees on the list. This is not an April Fools Joke.

I guess it's going to be one of those years. Miguel Andujar was placed on the 10 day IL. That's 9 Yankees on the list. This is not an April Fools Joke.
Suboptimal start to the season, thankfully it's a marathon, not a sprint!

They said that Andujar's injury is a partially torn labrum. That's not good at all.

It's freezing out there, it's 39 but the winds are strong and if they don't die down any I pity any fool going to the game tonight. I hate being at games in weather like this.
You hate being at games in this weather, yes, but how about the players,
they seem to be getting hurt more often, can't believe they started it
March, go back to 154 games, with the return of double headers, and if necessary charge for each game.

You hate being at games in this weather, yes, but how about the players,
they seem to be getting hurt more often, can't believe they started it
March, go back to 154 games, with the return of double headers, and if necessary charge for each game.
And why start in NY? Have the teams in the south and west host the first series of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT