ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like a wide receiver that fakes an injury after dropping a sure fire touchdown.

Release his sorry ass. Middle relievers are a dime a dozen.

I didn't watch the game last night, what options were still available out of the pen?

Anybody wanna hazard a guess as to how many of the next seven home games the Bronx Bombers will win ?

Yanks can’t hit a bull in the ass with a shovel. Pitchers going down. Six, Rays and Blue Jays will finish ahead of them. Another long and disappointing season. If you can’t hit and can’t pitch you have a losing team.

Yanks can’t hit a bull in the ass with a shovel. Pitchers going down. Six, Rays and Blue Jays will finish ahead of them. Another long and disappointing season. If you can’t hit and can’t pitch you have a losing team.
When does Cashman take the blame for the crappy team he has put out there and the horrid job he has done the last 20 years

When does Cashman take the blame for the crappy team he has put out there and the horrid job he has done the last 20 years
I’m sorry. Something needs to change. Can’t keep rolling the same offense out there. They have most games (besides Pirates) with 3 or less runs. Embarrassing. The lineup is a damn joke.

Reactions: MitchLL
So much that needs fixed. Home run or bust. Can't run bases, can't go first to third on a hit, no team speed, too many KOs, now the DLM contract looks suspect, Judge option approaching, stuck with Stanton, and on and on.

The Steinbrenners really need to think about jettisoning Cashman. Barely making the post season is no longer acceptable.

So much that needs fixed. Home run or bust. Can't run bases, can't go first to third on a hit, no team speed, too many KOs, now the DLM contract looks suspect, Judge option approaching, stuck with Stanton, and on and on.

The Steinbrenners really need to think about jettisoning Cashman. Barely making the post season is no longer acceptable.
I remember when my son 40 years ago then
grandson 10 years ago started baseball at 5 years old. The kids on the teams would hit the ball and run straight to 3rd.
This is what the Yankees look like.
And this is what happens when you hire your
limousine driver to be your GM.

I've been called out for trashing Cashman by weak Yankee fans and even more annoying Mets fans over the years. He has made more bad moves over the years than good. And i like what he has done adding Cole and Kluber the past 2 years but this cybermetrics craps has reduced the Yankees into a .500 team this year. You still need people who can hit singles and doubles in the clutch. We are lucky no one was willing to sign DJ this past off season

The first five batters in today's Yankees lineup were a collective 1 for 20.

If the Yankees finish at .500 with on playoff appearance, I have no problem with Cashman getting fired. It would be time for a change. I'm also not ready to give up on the season or do it now. If he gets tossed, I hope they would bring in someone that isn't so locked into the numbers. If they are, then what's the actual point when it's the philosophy that's the problem and not just the person.

At what point do the players get held accountable for not living up to expectations? People here were freaking out that DJ wasn't going to get signed and they did it and now his contract looks bad.

If the Yankees finish at .500 with on playoff appearance, I have no problem with Cashman getting fired. It would be time for a change. I'm also not ready to give up on the season or do it now. If he gets tossed, I hope they would bring in someone that isn't so locked into the numbers. If they are, then what's the actual point when it's the philosophy that's the problem and not just the person.

At what point do the players get held accountable for not living up to expectations? People here were freaking out that DJ wasn't going to get signed and they did it and now his contract looks bad.
Huh what?? DJ is worse than Sanchez, Voit, Hicks, Andujar, Stanton, Frazier...etc

Reactions: NickKnight 1
DJ gets paid more than all of them except for Stanton. He has a different level of accountability.

DJ gets paid more than all of them except for Stanton. He has a different level of accountability.
You know as well as I do it doesn't work that way. People making less have to perform regardless of pay especially if you are starter on the team. No free pass when you are making millions a year

Curious with Yankee fans in regard to Cashman as a Met's fan- we have been stuck with Shat managers, GM's and Owners for 40 years.
Cashman could still be considered a super successful GM as he makes the playoffs every single year. And though he was handed a great team with a young core 4 back in the late 90's, he was an important part of the organization that had identified that talent. And then he kept it going for a decade. That doesn't happen by accident. And then he just continues to win but you can't get through the playoffs.
Is it because he either can't embrace this new era of baseball or that he has tried hard to embrace it but just doesn't bring in the right players that can be successful with it?

Bump for 7th inning fiasco Tuesday nite.

I've seen 10 yr old little leaguers with more awareness.

[/QUOTE]
He just blew another rally, making the same base running mistake, taking off from 2nd
when the ball is hit to the short stop and running into the short stop. What WTF is wrong with Aaron Boone

He just blew another rally, making the same base running mistake, taking off from 2nd
when the ball is hit to the short stop and running into the short stop. What WTF is wrong with Aaron Boone
[/QUOTE]
I think Boone is trying to get him some stats so Cashman can find a "taker" at the trade deadline. Probably get a warmup jacket and a few broken bats in return.

I think Boone is trying to get him some stats so Cashman can find a "taker" at the trade deadline. Probably get a warmup jacket and a few broken bats in return.
[/QUOTE]
If the jacket is torn.

Reactions: MitchLL
MLB network talking heads just had a segment about what the NYY do at trade deadline. DeRosa pretty much echoed what we've been saying here... too many flaws to address at once. They expect the team to stand pat with no big moves.

The most obvious thing they mentioned was Gleyber is NOT a SS.

Today's game...runners on second and third, no outs...weak fly/KO/KO.

BAU

Last edited:
Rays up 5-1 in 5th.My baseball betting system had 2 such similar games this year.The home team went 1-1.

Hard to jump on DJ when he has carried this team for two years. He has had a bad 1/3 of a season. Out of all the underperforming Yankees, my money would be on him for having a strong 2nd half of the season.

Off season will be tricky with Judge. So hard not to sign him but also so hard to sign him long term. Yankee OF is a complete mess and the best fielding OF and one of the best RF in the league is DH'ing on a team of DH's.

Reactions: MitchLL and RW90
Another 15 strikeouts tonight for guys in pinstripes. The analytics will say that's not a problem, but those of us with any sense of the game know differently.

Aaron Judge is becoming a different player.

Coming into this season,his lifetime BA at home was 80 points higher than it was on the road.

This year,he's 60 points higher on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT