ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh Boone over-managing again. Just leave Holmes (who was lights out) in to face a lefty. It won’t kill you. Now we have a huge mess.
After the Sanchez error and the Gallo drop ball
A-roid shows several of their previous errors
That seemed to be pre loaded and ready go.
what an Asshole.

Reactions: Kbee3
This is some really weird stuff. Now Boston can’t catch a foul pop up and what should’ve been a Judge strikeout isn’t.

Wade looked safe on the one he didn't slide. Not so much on the other one. He seems pretty slow for a utility guy/runner.

Stanton’s left the yard, but the doubles from Rizzo and Judge were friggin ropes as well.

One thing’s for sure: I do not miss Ottavino.
Ottavino was the man when he first joined the Yanks but it’s been downhill

Who is this Stanton fella, and what'd they do with the previous no. 27?

I texted a friend and half jokingly suggested that Toronto walk Stanton in the 7th... he has been money in the late innings recently. He probably added 3 to his WAR in the last week.

I've been pretty critical during the season with the "streaky" way the season has played out, but they're playing pretty well right now in all phases... other than the tendency to hit into DPs.

They're fun to watch right now.

I still can't believe Stanton went down and got that ball. Can't even blame the pitcher.
"IF" he can stay on this hot streak Yankees have a chance in the playoffs. Have to say that he and Judge have stayed healthy for most of this season and they make a huge difference. 90 wins! Who would thunk that at the All Star... break? Still have issues, bullpen is still a weakness. Sanchez still a liability. But as many have said fun to watch lately.

Reactions: RW90
"IF" he can stay on this hot streak Yankees have a chance in the playoffs. Have to say that he and Judge have stayed healthy for most of this season and they make a huge difference. 90 wins! Who would thunk that at the All Star... break? Still have issues, bullpen is still a weakness. Sanchez still a liability. But as many have said fun to watch lately.
Sanchez looked like he never played the position last night.

I agree with everything you said except for the bullpen being a weakness. I think they're pitching pretty well, especially with the addition of Severino. I would say they are unproven in playoff situations and hopefully we'll get to see them give it a shot.

I'm more concerned about the lack of length coming out of the rotation and lack of clutch hitting from anyone not named Judge or Stanton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT