ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it all comes down to game 162 for the Yankees. An horrendous start to the season. An unbelievable post All Star game run which included a 13 game winning streak immediately followed by a rough stretch. Still clinging to a wild card spot but a loss will most likely mean game 163 tomorrow and a wild card game Tuesday. There is even a possibility of a four way tie and all 4 teams play a 163rd game. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
I'm finding it hard to believe that this team, after hopefully winning today vs. Tampa, will, after winning the wild-card game, beat Tampa in a five-game playoff.

Damn Urshela, full speed into the Rays dugout and held on for the final out of the 6th.

0-0 through 5 & a half. Yanks bats need to wake up fast.

200.gif

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Nice, now let’s go Nats.

Not sure why TB pitched to Judge there with 1st base open and an opportunity to set up a double play.
Really weird.
I can’t think of a single reason.
You’ve also got the force play at home on a ball not hit hard enough to turn

Really weird.
Only thing I can think of is that the Rays were playing with house money. Outcome of the game didn’t matter one bit to them. Perhaps they saw it as an opportunity for their closer to get a ”win” against Judge and get in his head should they meet again in the playoffs in a similar spot.

I'm finding it hard to believe that this team, after hopefully winning today vs. Tampa, will, after winning the wild-card game, beat Tampa in a five-game playoff.
I was thinking the same thing the whole game. They trotted out a starter today who has a 2.2 ERA against the Yanks and a 5.75 ERA against everyone else. Tampa is in their heads. This was a great win but I don't like our chances against them in the ALDS.

Really weird.
Boonie said he figured they would pitch to Judge because if you walk him, now you bring a walk into play with Stanton and you're just playing the batting average/on base pct game there. He may be the only one that thought it made sense...

I was proud of Sanchez yesterday, he did the best job he’s done all year blocking balls in the dirt.
I still catch the other guy tomorrow with Cole pitching.

The Yankees have won the World Series 4 out of the last 6 times in the first year of an elected Democratic President:TRUMAN 1949,JFK 1961,CARTER 1977,and OBAMA 2009.So there's that.

They should be pulling for the Dodgers in the WC game,then for the Giants in the NLDS,as only the Cardinals and the Dodgers have defeated the Yankees in the Series with a Democrat in charge during any year of their Presidency,the Cards going 2-1,and the Trolley Dodgers 1-6.

The Yankees have won the World Series 4 out of the last 6 times in the first year of an elected Democratic President:TRUMAN 1949,JFK 1961,CARTER 1977,and OBAMA 2009.So there's that.

They should be pulling for the Dodgers in the WC game,then for the Giants in the NLDS,as only the Cardinals and the Dodgers have defeated the Yankees in the Series with a Democrat in charge during any year of their Presidency,the Cards going 2-1,and the Trolley Dodgers 1-6.
I'm sorry but politics isn't allowed on this board lol 😆 Take this to the CE thread.
I'm happy that the Yankees have Cole starting tomorrow. But will be very nervous if Chapman has to protect a one run lead in the 9th

That's because he tripped over second base on Sunday running out to the OF and hurt himself.
Yes I saw that on Sunday. More of a mistep on the bag Didn't think it would keep out of a game. No structural damage.

Wow. Switch hitting Velazquez getting the start at SS. Lefty hitting Odor on the bench against the righty. Not sure how I feel about this. It's a big spot to put the kid into.

Looks like they are going with the better defensive players and are expecting a low scoring game.

Looks like they are going with the better defensive players and are expecting a low scoring game.
Hope Cole turns it around. His numbers in the last 6 games not good. But it's playoff time and both pitchers excell in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT