ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, with only 12 games remaining and this team a stinking pile of dog poo, I think we can finally say, put a fork in them. They are done, done, done. Hopefully goodbye Boone, Sanchez, Chapman, Gleybor and other underachieving piles of mess.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Wow, the fact that this thread fell to page 3 tells you everything about how little interest remain in this 2021 team.

Anyways, Gallo hit number 38 tonight and I can't think of a softer power hitter in my lifetime.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I'm not getting my hopes up unless they win tonight and take 2 of 3 in Boston. Even then, with the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this team, that probably doesn't mean anything but giving hope of a wild card berth or going to the division series.

Reactions: MitchLL
Same shit, different game... can't score a runner from 3B with less than two outs and ground into double plays inning after inning.

What a flawed team.

Update... after seven innings, they've failed to score a run from third with less than two outs on four different instances. How can a MLB team be so inept at executing goddamn fundamentals?

Asking for a friend.

BTW: Can we finally stop the experiment at SS and put Velasquez back where he belongs? Of course, to do that, they'd have to bring him back from the minors. Send Heaney packing and problem solved .

Last edited:
Red Sox - 9 games - Home: (3) NYY, Away (6) Nats and O's
Yankees - 9 games: - Home (3) TB, Away (6) Red Sox, Toronto
Toronto - 10 games:: Home (6) NYY, O'S, Away (4) @ Twins

Realistically, Yankees put themselves in this position so they'll have to deal with the consequences of all of those botched leads and losses to the O's. Having a win in hand is nice, but if they make the playoffs they'll have earned it. Boston should cruise in.

Red Sox - 9 games - Home: (3) NYY, Away (6) Nats and O's
Yankees - 9 games: - Home (3) TB, Away (6) Red Sox, Toronto
Toronto - 10 games:: Home (6) NYY, O'S, Away (4) @ Twins

Realistically, Yankees put themselves in this position so they'll have to deal with the consequences of all of those botched leads and losses to the O's. Having a win in hand is nice, but if they make the playoffs they'll have earned it. Boston should cruise in.
[/QUOTEop
I hope we play well, but we can't control what
the others do when they play the other teams.
So let's go on a 9 game winning streak. We did 13 so let's get down to it.

The young kids who were a big part of the 13 game win streak are no longer on the team or are benched. We were last in the majors in steals then have a record 24 steals with the young crowd. Now we are back to home run and strike out

Reactions: NickKnight 1
The young kids who were a big part of the 13 game win streak are no longer on the team or are benched. We were last in the majors in steals then have a record 24 steals with the young crowd. Now we are back to home run and strike out
Last night Tyler Wade pinch ran for Higashioka and promptly stole second and third. Unfortunately he was stranded there.

I'm still not in the hopeful crowd, but they are playing a ton better in the past four games. It's good to see them get a lot of hits and have the bullpen pitch well.

As posted above, these other teams have gimme games coming up. The Yankees are going to have to earn it by winning (at least) 2 of 3 in the final 3 series.

it was nice to see them jump on them from the beginning. Torres has been heating up now that he's back at second. Hope is in the air, but like you said, 2 out of 3 in each of the final series will most likely get it done.

That "three batter minimum" sure bit Cora in the ass yesterday. And with his known control issues, bringing in the lefty to face Rizzo was a big gamble that obviously failed.

I guess Boone isn't the only manager that screws shit up.

That doesn't count, it was too high!
major-league-movie-too-high.gif

Reactions: T2Kplus20
WTF did I just witness. Two dropped pop flys on same at bat. Never seen that in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT