ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread

Girardi tried hard to give away the game by not leaving in JT to play first,then catch instead of having Marchan there in the extra frame.

Even though the extra inning rule brings excitement,I still don't like it.Maybe they should do this from the 13-14th inning.

I hope the last two games will be the catalyst to have them turn around, and win the NL East!

Had to have this one after taking a 4-0 lead right away and the O doing so many good things across the board. Back to .500!

Not many people I know choke out their wife or girlfriend
Obviously another Phillies fan who’s ok with vomiting on young girls in the stands and/or beating the crap out of them

Reactions: RUfinally2008
This series was about the Yankees lacking of pitching more than anything. Phils had lots of nice ABs but that was against a Yankees pitching staff who doesn’t have anyone who can put guys away.

Not many people I know choke out their wife or girlfriend
Obviously another Phillies fan who’s ok with vomiting on young girls in the stands and/or beating the crap out of them
Who said Im ok with vomiting in the seats or violence against women?? Your post seems odd for its timing and you say you don't know any other sports players who have done the same?? You are flat out lying. Ever hear of Ray Rice?? What is your baseball team?? There is nearly one on any teams history but your hatred of the Phillies singles out him as being the only one??

First post ever in this thread at 1:55 at exact time it’s clear Nola has movement back on his pitches and Phillies offense is also back, against the Yankees no less. Fascinating.
A poll of all sports mascots was released today or yesterday of who was your favorite down to the most obnoxious. The Phanatic was #1 in both! He is the best!

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Who said Im ok with vomiting in the seats or violence against women?? Your post seems odd for its timing and you say you don't know any other sports players who have done the same?? You are flat out lying. Ever hear of Ray Rice?? What is your baseball team?? There is nearly one on any teams history but your hatred of the Phillies singles out him as being the only one??
In case it's the Yankees, I give you Aroldis Chapman.

Back over .500! Once we were 4 games under I honestly never thought we’d get back over. Tough week ahead out on the west coast. I’d sign for 3-3 and accept 2-4.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Are the Dodgers,Giants,and Padres that good?Or are they each benefitting by their games vs Colorado and Arizona?

Are the Dodgers,Giants,and Padres that good?Or are they each benefitting by their games vs Colorado and Arizona?
Mets fan here. Mets may have lucked out while Padres were slumping a bit. Mets went 4-3 against the Padres in the last 2 weeks, and yesterday should not have been a loss. The Padres have hitters and guys who like to run/steal. Challenging team. Their pitching is OK, and it will be interesting to see how Yu Darvish does with the substance crackdown. There was a Twitter buzz and lots of pictures that made it seem like he may have been using pine tar.
Can't comment on Dodgers and Giants.

I see the idiot has come here to post. Mets 1st place, Phillies 2nd place Yankees 4th place. Too dumb to figure it out.

The home plate umpire must be on the Dodgers' payroll.
He called strike three on Torreyes on a pitch 8-10 inches outside.Then,he missed 2 pitches on Howard.Cutch was irate watching from second base.

By the way you DO NOT have to be bothered with the cell phone tickets. You can buy tickets at the game at the ticket windows. Tickets are as low as $17.

i was at the game saturday, the Phanatic helmet smashing routine was hilarious
I was there as well. He is hilarious. Fun game! Thankfully it was a 4pm game because I was still tired the next day!

I was there as well. He is hilarious. Fun game! Thankfully it was a 4pm game because I was still tired the next day!
It's a great stadium. We sat in those hall of fame seats just below press boxes behind plate, view was great. Got a ball also. While it's nice to have your own concession area and lounge, the lines were massive for food and drink on that level.

It's a great stadium. We sat in those hall of fame seats just below press boxes behind plate, view was great. Got a ball also. While it's nice to have your own concession area and lounge, the lines were massive for food and drink on that level.
Yes great area. Normally there aren't lines but just like everywhere else no one can get enough help. It's my favorite of the 2 NY stadiums and Philly. I really like them all. The outfield makes the difference and being walking distance helps too. They are all way better than Camden Yards which started the trend but Baltimore fails as they still have the old style hallways where you can't see the game.

Neris exorcised the Demons of Dodger Stadium.

Still,the outlook looks bleak without Segura.

The road ahead:3 at SF,then 2 at home vs Wash,4 at Citi Field,a makeup at CINCY,3 each at home vs MIA and SD,then 4 at Wrigley and 3 at Fenway.

The schedule is much easier after the ASG,but will it still matter?

Reactions: TM94goRU
I don't see the Mets running away with this division. I do see it as a two team race.Forget Atlanta,losing their star will bury them. It's the Mets vs Philly, until someone makes a major trade or move.

Neris exorcised the Demons of Dodger Stadium.

Still,the outlook looks bleak without Segura.

The road ahead:3 at SF,then 2 at home vs Wash,4 at Citi Field,a makeup at CINCY,3 each at home vs MIA and SD,then 4 at Wrigley and 3 at Fenway.

The schedule is much easier after the ASG,but will it still matter?
If they get swept in SF, they should send the Sixers a thank you note for that being completely missed because of their dumpster fire. Holy crap.

Reactions: RUhasarrived
We're in a bunch of trouble without Segura. I think he's been our best hitter, and Maton isn't going to be able to fill those shoes. Hopefully we can stay close to .500 until the all star break and then make our move once the schedule softens up.

So much for Nola being back or at least consistently solid. When’s the last time he was good on the road? Whatever he’s dealing with in his head is making VV look acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT