ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread

He's a front runner fan........
I think you know very well that I've been a Yankees fan since before the Mets even existed.
When I first started following MLB action the Bronx Bombers were the only local team.
"a front runner fan" ? Surely you jest.

I think you know very well that I've been a Yankees fan since before the Mets even existed.
When I first started following MLB action the Bronx Bombers were the only local team.
"a front runner fan" ? Surely you jest.
You know what I meant. Yes, I know, you've been around for all 27 rings 😎 , my point is you and most Yankees fans don't talk baseball unless your going well. Look no further than the activity between the Mets and Yankees threads, it's embarrassing.

You know what I meant. Yes, I know, you've been around for all 27 rings 😎 , my point is you and most Yankees fans don't talk baseball unless your going well. Look no further than the activity between the Mets and Yankees threads, it's embarrassing.
What is embarrassing is the Mets thread. The aren't enjoying being in 1st place most of this season. It's a constant complaint thread even in games that they are easily winning. If in great Yankee seasons the Mets thread has always been longer because it's full of complainers.

What is embarrassing is the Mets thread. The aren't enjoying being in 1st place most of this season. It's a constant complaint thread even in games that they are easily winning. If in great Yankee seasons the Mets thread has always been longer because it's full of complainers.
and add in the unhappy Yankee fans that love to jump in there to do nothing but stir the pot if and when the Yankee's win a few games. And most of the Meet's complaining seem to be similar to the Rutgers football/Basketball complainers- it is posters who like to post during games.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Thanks for trolling me again, it makes me feel even more important. I'm in this thread, as I would be if any NL East team fans had an in season thread. Have you checked out the Yankees thread this season? As putrid as it's activity has been, it's been filled with complaints as well, only to be out done by your fanbase attacking each other for who's to blame, patting each other on the back as to who was right or wrong about Boone or Cashman, over and over again, lmfao. Are you guilty of any of that? Asking for a friend.

and add in the unhappy Yankee fans that love to jump in there to do nothing but stir the pot if and when the Yankee's win a few games. And most of the Meet's complaining seem to be similar to the Rutgers football/Basketball complainers- it is posters who like to post during games.
100% correct! Notice who he trolled, lol. There is complaining no doubt in the Mets thread, but 100x more baseball talk than in The Dead Zone, unless of course they win 3 or 4. In one 4 day period, one of their most "knowledgeable" fans went from, "blow the team up", to " we're one or 2 players away if Cashman makes the right moves"!!!!!! Too friggin funny.

Thanks for trolling me again, it makes me feel even more important. I'm in this thread, as I would be if any NL East team fans had an in season thread. Have you checked out the Yankees thread this season? As putrid as it's activity has been, it's been filled with complaints as well, only to be out done by your fanbase attacking each other for who's to blame, patting each other on the back as to who was right or wrong about Boone or Cashman, over and over again, lmfao. Are you guilty of any of that? Asking for a friend.
Trolling you?? You're so stupid that you came to a Phillies thread to complain about the Yankees thread. You just can't help yourself. The Yankees thread is 18 pages. In a awful season. The Mets thread is 134 pages of complaining for a 1st place team. And you act like it's a badge of honor that the Mets thread is so long. Its embarrassing.

Trolling you?? You're so stupid that you came to a Phillies thread to complain about the Yankees thread. You just can't help yourself. The Yankees thread is 18 pages. In a awful season. The Mets thread is 134 pages of complaining for a 1st place team. And you act like it's a badge of honor that the Mets thread is so long. Its embarrassing.
Wow- kind of funny. Kbee- does his normal troll when the Yankees win a couple of games but this time trolling Phillies thread instead of the Mets. 008- calls him out for it. Kbee comes back talking Yankees. 008 goes at him one more time and Whitebus comes in with the random Mets troll…and he calls 008 stupid?
I don’t think kbee and 008 had to talk Yankees here but it was par for the course, just usually on the Mets thread. But harmless none the less. WB is the one to get all stupid but we are kind of use to that

Had to go back a few pages to find this thread. Phillies make a minor move picking up back of rotation start Tyler Anderson from the Pirates for a pair of minor leaguers. Better than nothing I guess, see ya VV.

LOL, I might have posted too soon.

Last edited:
Big, big comeback win last night. Heard the crowd from home before TV in the backyard showed the pitch.

It's hard to sweep a doubleheader.This must be a conspiracy from headquarters of MLB to get the Mets into the playoffs.Besides that,there's rain in the forecast for tomorrow afternoon.I can see Scherzer pitching Game 1,winning it and getting traded before the second game is postponed.

About Bohm.He's a first round pick who had been averaging over .300 his last 35 games.

It's hard to sweep a doubleheader.This must be a conspiracy from headquarters of MLB to get the Mets into the playoffs.Besides that,there's rain in the forecast for tomorrow afternoon.I can see Scherzer pitching Game 1,winning it and getting traded before the second game is postponed.

About Bohm.He's a first round pick who had been averaging over .300 his last 35 games.
People are too quick to give up on Bohm.

I have tickets for today’s game 1 at Noon which was supposed to be a 1pm start. With rain in the forecast I’d rather them postpone now instead of me driving down to Philly for a prolonged rain delay or cancellation.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
I have tickets for today’s game 1 at Noon which was supposed to be a 1pm start. With rain in the forecast I’d rather them postpone now instead of me driving down to Philly for a prolonged rain delay or cancellation.
The first game will be played. Rain is for late this afternoon, early evening

Bohm back in.Nationals lineup delayed.Sanchez in G2.Marchan back.Knapp paternity.

Last edited:
What just happened cannot happen in any other sport.

Now to find out about the extent of Harper's and Hoskins' injuries.

Here's the ins/outs for the Phils at the deadline. Adding a legit starter and decent closer makes the team better, but they need luck and some players to get hot to make it to the playoffs.

In both deals the Phillies are getting money back, this surprises me.

Vince and Moore to the pen.Suarez and Anderson into the rotation until Eflin returns.Kennedy closing.Hoskins out.

Can’t see this team going much of anywhere. 2-4 in games vs DC and @Pit. Lose today and get swept in Pitt? Gimme a break.
Pirates are not the Pirates of the 1st half. 2-1 vs. the Mets, 2-1 vs. San Francisco. They did get hammered by Milwaukee and Arizona.
Still think the NL East is for the taking for Mets, Phils and Braves. Mets still performing poorly on offense, and now pitching is a question mark with deGrom out. Don't forget, Mets have a 13 game stretch against Dodgers and Giants August 13-27. Head to head games will matter a lot.

Pirates are not the Pirates of the 1st half.
Ignoring the literal meaning because of their trades, yes they are. They will be competitive in random series’, but can pull off being swept multiple times (even in a row) at the drop of a hat.

I wouldn’t recommend placing any bets on the Bucs today. They are 0-6 when going for a 3 or more game sweep, and that includes the ridiculous Mets game/play. Just be happy with a win (if that is from your perspective, not a Phillies fan).

Ignoring the literal meaning because of their trades, yes they are. They will be competitive in random series’, but can pull off being swept multiple times (even in a row) at the drop of a hat.

I wouldn’t recommend placing any bets on the Bucs today. They are 0-6 when going for a 3 or more game sweep, and that includes the ridiculous Mets game/play. Just be happy with a win (if that is from your perspective, not a Phillies fan).
I'm a Mets fan. The entire NL East is underwhelming. Overall point is that fans should not draw any overall conclusions about their team because they lose 2/3 or get swept by a last place team. As much as I hate to type this, think the Braves have the most talent, and will make a run and win the NL East.

Pirates are not the Pirates of the 1st half. 2-1 vs. the Mets, 2-1 vs. San Francisco. They did get hammered by Milwaukee and Arizona.
Still think the NL East is for the taking for Mets, Phils and Braves. Mets still performing poorly on offense, and now pitching is a question mark with deGrom out. Don't forget, Mets have a 13 game stretch against Dodgers and Giants August 13-27. Head to head games will matter a lot.
100%. This division goes to the last series, in the last week. Buckle up, it's going to be a very bumpy ride for all 3 teams.

I'm a Mets fan. The entire NL East is underwhelming. Overall point is that fans should not draw any overall conclusions about their team because they lose 2/3 or get swept by a last place team. As much as I hate to type this, think the Braves have the most talent, and will make a run and win the NL East.
Agree about the Braves. So far underperforming but would not surprise me they get it together and go on a run. Freddie Freeman, after a slow start has been hot since mid June.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm only curious to see Gibson pitch today. He looks to have dropped off a bit after they started the checks for sticky stuff so hopefully the Rangers didn't just unload a cheater they know is now impotent.
Even though it makes me slightly optimistic to see Gibson and Suarez replace Moore and VV, I can't ever believe the fielding and hitting for this team will ever be good enough to keep them in the mix, even in the awful NL East.

Back to 3.5.

Girardi should hold back Nola for the Mets on Friday,giving Gibson an extra day and being able to go with the top three in the series.Thursday could be rained out.

Didi could be back.

I'm only curious to see Gibson pitch today. He looks to have dropped off a bit after they started the checks for sticky stuff so hopefully the Rangers didn't just unload a cheater they know is now impotent.
Even though it makes me slightly optimistic to see Gibson and Suarez replace Moore and VV, I can't ever believe the fielding and hitting for this team will ever be good enough to keep them in the mix, even in the awful NL East.
I'll take today's Gibson the rest of the year!

Reactions: LBusDoor90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT