ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread

There's some confusion over the final score tonight.It matters for bettors who gave 1.5 runs.

Anyway,it's 2.5 back.Braves climb to 3.5.

I'm going Sunday-first time there since 2019.It would be nice to see a first place battle even with 8 weeks to go.

One thing to keep in mind:The Mets' series is only ONE of three series on this homestead against teams having better records than have the Fightins'.

Still,it'll be exciting.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Plenty of season left, and I still think it comes down to the last week with the Phils, Mets and Braves. All 3 of these teams have their warts.

Congrats on winning the division
I'll believe it when I see it on Oct 4th. Related, I saw this in the r/phillies subreddit.

89lfqwo3kuf71.png

7 in a row. Leave the Mets 2.5 back with Wheeler starting tomorrow and a clutch sweep. Braves coming on too. I don’t know that we can hold them off down the stretch.

I'm getting ready to head down for today's game.

I have to wait a bit before I'm sure that I'll have a residence to which to return tonight as a nearby fire has ignited several cars on the street.Somehow,sweeping the Mets just got put on the back burner(No pun intended.From me,that's a surprise.)I wanted more street parking,but not this way.

• Wow
Reactions: LBusDoor90
That's a bit of hyperbole. It may not even be the worst division in baseball this year. Have you looked at the AL central? Only Chicago is above. 500.
No dice. Chicago is a legit WS contender. ALC >>> NLE.

Phillies have put it all together recently with the help of Girardi, Wheeler, and Realmuto (all who should be on the Mets).
Although Realmuto was NEVER going to Queens or The Bronx, this is probably one of the very few Mets related things you mentioned that I agree with. Philly took advantage, Mets didn’t: that simple.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Wow, Wheeler really b-slapped the Mets.

The Mets thread has been pure gold since Friday. Everything 2008 blasts Yankees and Phillies for posting is in full mode over there!
The reality for the Mets is while the pitching was strong, hitting like crap worked. But they feasted on a bunch of weak teams (Colorado, Baltimore and Arizona) in the first half (17-9 in May), while the rest of the division floundered. With deGrom out, Stroman and Walker not pitching like they did in the first half, and the competition getting stiffer, they are not doing well. Congrats on 1st place. If you ask Alonso, he says don't worry.

Last edited:
The reality for the Mets is while the pitching was strong, hitting lack crap worked. But they feasted on a bunch of weak teams (Colorado, Baltimore and Arizona) in the first half (17-9 in May), while the rest of the division floundered. With deGrom out, Stroman and Walker not pitching like they did in the first half, and the competition getting stiffer, they are not doing well. Congrats on 1st place. If you ask Alonso, he says don't worry.
I still think Atlanta is the best team in the division by far. They are like the Yankees. Tons of talent. Can't get it together.

Math not good for the bus .
Yankees are 11 games over .500 . Braves are 2.
Your math is awful! Who is closer to 1st place and a guaranteed spot in the playoffs. Do you follow the standings? Apparently not! You're still limited to 1st grade math.

They gave away a nice ceramic "34".I got 2 of them.

Now for some sobriety.

The most important number 8 today is that there are still 8 weeks to go in the season.As the clown said in the Twilight Zone episode, "We have an infinite number of possibilities."

Reactions: WhiteBus
The Mets thread has been pure gold since Friday. Everything 2008 blasts Yankees and Phillies fans for posting is in full mode over there!
Yea, just me, Shortbus, talk about having a hard-on for someone, lol, Did I bring you up in this thread or the Mets thread? Douche. 😁 Oh poor Shortbus, so transfixed with everything I post, lmfao. Good day. 😁PS. I haven't seen you give Cashman any credit you loser, know it all. 👀
OGC.9f56f1574ca20967bdf4e26282eeaba3

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT