ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Philadelphia Phillies Season And Post Season Thread

Any of you Philly fans know of anyone selling tickets? My daughter is looking to purchase for her fiance and herself. He is a huge philly sports fan sadly.
The prices online are insane. As far as purchasing from the Phillies, you had to have put your name in the portal and wait to see if you’re selected to purchase at face value.

The prices online are insane. As far as purchasing from the Phillies, you had to have put your name in the portal and wait to see if you’re selected to purchase at face value.

I'm seeing over $1K for 400 level seats?!? She was planning on spending about $1500 each but I told her if you have to sit up that high, its not worth it.

I'm seeing over $1K for 400 level seats?!? She was planning on spending about $1500 each but I told her if you have to sit up that high, its not worth it.
At that point watch on TV. Or go to xfinity live and rent a table with the tap in it right in front of the big screen.

Reactions: newell138
Any of you Philly fans know of anyone selling tickets? My daughter is looking to purchase for her fiance and herself. He is a huge philly sports fan sadly.
If you know any season ticket holders to the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs some of them were able to get tickets through the Phillies

Gives Wheeler an extra day, which I think is a good idea considering they haven't pushed him past 90 pitches and he's been losing velocity late in his starts.

In other news, in Matt Gelb's article on the Athletic today he speculates that they might make another move leaving Hand off the roster and maybe bringing a little used lefty Cristopher Sanchez. Don't know if they'll make the move, but I like the idea. If Hand doesn't pitch another inning this postseason I'll be happy.

Here's the relevant passage from this article, https://theathletic.com/3731037/2022/10/26/phillies-astros-world-series-observations :
Hand has been terrible, but Sanchez hasn't had a scoreless appearance since July 5. He was lights-out in June, but not before that.

The three-batter rule really hurt Hand. He hit the left-handed batter in the second game of the San Diego series, and then got destroyed by the following right-hand batters. Everyone used to think they needed a lefty in the bullpen, but now bringing one in is a very risky move unless there are two out.

Some people like 400-level seats. It depend where you are in the stadium. I had a partial season ticket plan for some years, and I got a 400-level seat between home and third. It was actually a pretty good seat. But I am the kind of guy who likes to be pretty high up-- my plan gave me a 300-level seat because I found the perspective better than further down.

Some people like 400-level seats. It depend where you are in the stadium. I had a partial season ticket plan for some years, and I got a 400-level seat between home and third. It was actually a pretty good seat. But I am the kind of guy who likes to be pretty high up-- my plan gave me a 300-level seat because I found the perspective better than further down.
The seats on the field are the worst. I'd rather be in the last row in the lower level than down in the front row.

The seats on the field are the worst. I'd rather be in the last row in the lower level than down in the front row.
A friend and I showed up at the last minute several years ago and got front row seats just beyond the infield dirt behind first base. It wasn't as bad as I expected once we got used to the weird perspective. But I like being high so that I can see more of the field.

Hand has been terrible, but Sanchez hasn't had a scoreless appearance since July 5. He was lights-out in June, but not before that.

The three-batter rule really hurt Hand. He hit the left-handed batter in the second game of the San Diego series, and then got destroyed by the following right-hand batters. Everyone used to think they needed a lefty in the bullpen, but now bringing one in is a very risky move unless there are two out.
I think the point of the article is that some point we are probably going to need someone to face Alvarez that's not once of the starters, SerAnthony or Alvarado. I'd rather that be Sanchez who throws the one pitch that Alvarez doesn't regularly destroy then Hand who looks horrible right now.

I think the point of the article is that some point we are probably going to need someone to face Alvarez that's not once of the starters, SerAnthony or Alvarado. I'd rather that be Sanchez who throws the one pitch that Alvarez doesn't regularly destroy then Hand who looks horrible right now.
I agree, but the problem is that, under the three-batter rule, you can't bring in Sanchez to face Alvarez and then take him out unless Alvarez is the third out. Maybe it's worth while to carry Sanchez anyway (after all, Hand is ineffective), but any left-handed reliever is much less valuable than in the past.

I registered 4 different email addresses. Got negative responses today on 3 of them. Still no response on the 4th. Does that mean...?

I registered 4 different email addresses. Got negative responses today on 3 of them. Still no response on the 4th. Does that mean...?
From what everyone is saying is winning people won't hear until Saturday the 29th. Only people who missed the cut have heard so far. So you maybe in luck.

Last edited:
People started getting winning emails yesterday morning and throughout the afternoon.
Had not heard that. Haven't seen any posts. What I heard yesterday was that the people that went through group sales and brought a group also had a chance to buy tickets. Face values were North of $300 on the lower level in the outfield. So far the lowest face value I've heard of is $280.

Had not heard that. Haven't seen any posts. What I heard yesterday was that the people that went through group sales and brought a group also had a chance to buy tickets. Face values were North of $300 on the lower level in the outfield. So far the lowest face value I've heard of is $280.
I won and got an email around 11 am yesterday. So did a co-worker

Reactions: WhiteBus
This is true. We have a company outing every year there. The guy who runs it was able to buy 4 in the second level in left field for around $300 each

Got 3 emails saying I lost 3 times. Coughed up a grand ($850 + bogus fees) for SRO for Tuesday. At 54, I don't want to miss out on the experience.
Closest so far - game 6 clincher of the NLCS in 1993 vs. the Braves.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
I won and got an email around 11 am yesterday. So did a co-worker
Congrats Lol GIF by SoRetro Straps

Reactions: RutgersK1d
Got 3 emails saying I lost 3 times. Coughed up a grand ($850 + bogus fees) for SRO for Tuesday. At 54, I don't want to miss out on the experience.
Closest so far - game 6 clincher of the NLCS in 1993 vs. the Braves.
I had SRO when they played the Giants in the NLCS. Didn't love it...felt like I was looking around people the entire game. Get there early and find a good spot.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
I had SRO when they played the Giants in the NLCS. Didn't love it...felt like I was looking around people the entire game. Get there early and find a good spot.

I spent one rainy day in the High and Inside pub watching the game there. Anyone know if that's till there?

Had sunday plan from 2001-12. i was a zombie after my 1st kid was born and screwed up my 2008 playoff package that included WS game 5... disnt make tha that mistake the next few years.
was at 2009 WS Game 5, Halladays 2010 no hitter and more... playoff baseball is amazing

1,000,000 requests for around 20K in available tickets. We know someone that won three pair. They entered 5 email addresses and three came up winners.

Segura is so psyched he's wearing his uniform on the plane to Houston. LOL

I don't like the lower bowl if it's behind the stupid netting.

I like upper deck even with first or third.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Loved it. The longest serving player to never make the playoffs is now going to the World Series. He gets it!

Yep. Gonna miss him next year, but I'm afraid he's gone. His option is too expensive and the Phils are expected to sign a bigtime SS and move Stott to 2B.

Had sunday plan from 2001-12. i was a zombie after my 1st kid was born and screwed up my 2008 playoff package that included WS game 5... disnt make tha that mistake the next few years.
was at 2009 WS Game 5, Halladays 2010 no hitter and more... playoff baseball is amazing
We're the opposite. I made it to Game 5 in 2008 -- that was the clinching game that extended over two nights and it was a lot of fun to be there. I had just come out of cancer surgery in 2009 (I'm fine, thank you) so I had to give away my ticket to 2009 Game 5. The woman I gave it to (no, she wasn't a girl friend, but was instead the wife of a colleague) had a terrific time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT