ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Mets Hot Stove Talk

Mr. Met, Ed Kranepool was on Boomer and Gio. Since I dont follow them from a fan standpoint I never knew the Wilpons want nothing to do with the 69 Mets team. According to the Wilpons the Mets didn't exist before they bought them. Incredible!
The other thing that shocked me was Kranepool said he is the last living member of the 62 team.
That was a good interview. Was interested in his take on the pitching decision for Game 6 of the World Series vs. Oakland.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Mr. Met, Ed Kranepool was on Boomer and Gio. Since I dont follow them from a fan standpoint I never knew the Wilpons want nothing to do with the 69 Mets team. According to the Wilpons the Mets didn't exist before they bought them. Incredible!
The other thing that shocked me was Kranepool said he is the last living member of the 62 team.
I agree, just another reason to hate everything Wilpon!

That was a good interview. Was interested in his take on the pitching decision for Game 6 of the World Series vs. Oakland.
The other thing that was great was almost a throw away when at the end when they asked him how old he was when he was called up. At 17 he was called up when the Mets were playing at the Dodgers. His first game in the majors they face Koufax who strikes out 13 on his way to throwing a no hitter!
Great story!

The other thing that was great was almost a throw away when at the end when they asked him how old he was when he was called up. At 17 he was called up when the Mets were playing at the Dodgers. His first game in the majors they face Koufax who strikes out 13 on his way to throwing a no hitter!
Great story!
Yeah- that was something! Talk about being thrown into the fire...

Different times, he was probably way more mature at 17 than most of these kids are at 21
Actually, he said that he had never been on a plane before that trip. And Sandy Koufax made veterans look bad, let alone a 17-year-old.

Funny how our friends cross town, are already calling the Mets,"bottom feeders", and "trash", and mocking on Mets injuries in camp. This, in their own thread about their beloved Yankees.Yes, I'm taking a short excursion on a Mets thread to mention the Yankees, a team that came out of nowhere to have a great season last year. A season the most knowledgeable Yankee fans said was 2 years premature, and hedged their bets on getting to last years World Series, to protect not getting there criticism. There is no way that time table is still 2019, not after signing Stanton,so it will be fun to watch them crash and burn this season. Jeff Coupon's Mets, make the Post Season, while Yankee fans sit it out and stew. That's my prediction, now back to my beloved Mets,I'm writing off any real production from Steve Matz,he's made of glass.Matt Harvey is the key, if he gets back 75% of what he was in 2015, the Mets could challenge for the division, barring another season of cascading injuries.We need to find out who has that voodoo doll sticking pins in Mets players for that to stop. Any guesses who on this board might be the person, or should I say,persons?:grimace:

Welp, been bracing for Harvey reverting to ridic levels this season, and then the Mets blowing 500 billion on him (or being a stud elsewhere). Will cope with a 2018 ring.

The Mets stove is cold
Yup,watching the Yankees crash and burn this season will have an extra special place in my heart this year.
tenor.gif

Oh the humanity,Proud NJ Sports Fan, pulling c10j10s, or it could be,T2Kplus10,pulling Kbee. So many out there,hating on all things Mets,lol. I'm not sure what the fascination is with the #10?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kbee3
You're really a Yanks fan like most Mets fan are since you got to root for the home team in the postseason when the Mets are already done.
Last time I rooted for the Yankees was when Torre's brother was sick, and Joe, a great guy was the Manager, and his sister the Nun was in the papers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT