ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Mets Hot Stove Talk

Let the games begin,every excited about the coming season. LGM.
Spring Training 2018 TV Schedule
Feb. 23: Braves @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
Feb. 24: Cardinals @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., WPIX
Feb. 25: Marlins @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
Feb. 27: Astros @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 1: Marlins @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 4: Nationals @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., WPIX
March 5: Tigers @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 6: Astros @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 7: Yankees @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 11: Astros @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., WPIX
March 15: Marlins @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 16: Orioles @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 22: Nationals @ Mets. 6:10 p.m., SNY
March 23: Cardinals @ Mets. 1:10 p.m., SNY
March 25: Marlins @ Mets. 12:10 p.m., WPIX
Reply Reply All Forward

Watching SNY this morning,Dominic Smith did lose a lot of weight, but he has the body type that could put weight back on in a heart beat!!! LGM

Smith was delayed at Waffle House and missed the morning meeting. He is sitting today instead of starting.

Wheeler with two Ks in scoreless first. Maxed at 97 mph. Gave up leadoff single to Ozzie Albies on first pitch (94) to start game.

75 pitches thru 1...JK, it was probably closer to 80

Smith was delayed at Waffle House and missed the morning meeting. He is sitting today instead of starting.
Not a good start. He has a great opportunity in front of him with a real pro willing to mentor him. Hate to see young guys with talent blow their chances.

Or he takes this chance and bust his ass and try to become one of the best younger players in baseball.
Looks like the dumb fu@k is blowing his chance already. I say send his as$ to the back fields with the rest of the AAA players. From what I read, he did this $hit last season when he was called up and was reprimanded by the veterans. I hate that stuff, and he's done nothing to think he can test the new manager. I had high hopes, but I can't imagine his act if, a big if,he ever turned into a proven major league player.

Looks like the dumb fu@k is blowing his chance already. I say send his as$ to the back fields with the rest of the AAA players. From what I read, he did this $hit last season when he was called up and was reprimanded by the veterans. I hate that stuff, and he's done nothing to think he can test the new manager. I had high hopes, but I can't imagine his act if, a big if,he ever turned into a proven major league player.
Please elaborate. I'm curious.

Smith showed up late today and was benched. Very bad sign. Different coaches in different sports have different rules, but they all have one rule in common: BE ON TIME.

magic-button-mmo.png

No difference between being a Met fan and a Rutgers fan. In both cases every off season there is hope. bELieve.
As an RU fan since the 80s, I have no hope. If something happens to go well, I am happy, but it is a complete surprise.

Reactions: rurichdog
If David was really thinking of what's best for the Mets,he'd ride off into the sunset, come back every Old Timer's Game, and get a standing O. I'd try and sign Frazier, maybe give Travis one more year,since he came on towards the end of the season. Hopefully Conforto and Cespedes can stay healthy, and Rosario is the real deal. Not sold on Dominic Smith, I feel he's going to be fat, and have all kinds of leg issues. The pitching,who the fu@k knows.Things have to break right for this team to win more than 85 games as it stands right now.
I called that one. Smith with a leg injury,lol,can't make this shit up.https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/mets-dominic-smith-has-strained-right-quad/c-267183666

Lol. How did Judge injure his shoulder? Maybe the training staff should have found that loose body floating around a bit earlier, instead of a cortisone shot. LOL.

Or maybe they knew about it and he decided to not be a pansy and play through it.

Not a Met or Yankee fan, but I think there's a chance that the Mets are being overly cautious with these injuries due to past history. They are also being overly transparent with the media, also due to past history. The New York press is going to jump on everything after last year. It's the 64 million dollar question, but if the Mets can stay healthy, they can be pretty good this year.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Pretty stupid move. Would rather protect a prized pansy instead of leaving it in the sun to wilt and die.

He ended up pretty okay but thanks for caring. And really? A Met fan criticizing how another team handles their injuries. That’s hilarious.

I would have to start doing that in the first place to continue.
You started a thread containing several posts cheering their undefeated Grapefruit League record.
Good luck to the Yankees this season. They have done a fantastic job bringing up a great young team, and bringing Stanton on board. The best team that money can buy.

The Mets are the Mets again, and their fortunes will hinge on healthy pitching. They could have been more aggressive in filling their holes in the infield, but as usual, they took the cheap way out. It's like cheering for Rutgers and hoping for stellar QB performance. I still enjoy cheering for the Mets more than the Yankees.

Mr. Met, Ed Kranepool was on Boomer and Gio. Since I dont follow them from a fan standpoint I never knew the Wilpons want nothing to do with the 69 Mets team. According to the Wilpons the Mets didn't exist before they bought them. Incredible!
The other thing that shocked me was Kranepool said he is the last living member of the 62 team.

You started a thread containing several posts cheering their undefeated Grapefruit League record.
Good luck to the Yankees this season. They have done a fantastic job bringing up a great young team, and bringing Stanton on board. The best team that money can buy.

The Mets are the Mets again, and their fortunes will hinge on healthy pitching. They could have been more aggressive in filling their holes in the infield, but as usual, they took the cheap way out. It's like cheering for Rutgers and hoping for stellar QB performance. I still enjoy cheering for the Mets more than the Yankees.

Nope. I started a thread for the Yankees 2018 season and simply stated facts. My first post i literally wrote "not that it matters but the Yankees move to 4-0 in spring training."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT