ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Peacock

I have iptv Smarters. Some buffering issues here and there, mostly with RedZone. I switched to the UK feed and it’s perfect. I’ve also found that if I pause my son’s Xbox, the buffering issues go away. I’m paying $50 per year.
I think I have the same one but pay more. At least thats wat the app icon on my screen reads. Either way I'm not gonna complain with what I pay. Being a fan of all out of market teams I would be drowning or missing out otherwise.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Iptv. $50-100/year, every channel in the world, including pay preview, nfl/mlb package, etc. That’s the way to stick it to the man. I’ll be watching the local KC broadcast Saturday night from California just as I was watching local Philly news this morning to check on the weather.
So tell me a little more about this service. Is it good quality? Is it easy to find what you are looking for? They say they have 18,000 channels. I'd hate to scroll through that many channels. Lol

is this real? People complaining over $6 a month??? I'm sure the same people have no problem dropping $8 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks though. Its 20 cents a day people!

I grind my own beans every morning and make a whole pot of coffee for the cost of 54 cents.

Reactions: thegock
So tell me a little more about this service. Is it good quality? Is it easy to find what you are looking for? They say they have 18,000 channels. I'd hate to scroll through that many channels. Lol
It took a little while to set up. Depending on your TV you can download the app directly, or you may need to do it through a Firestick. The interface is pretty good, not all that difficult to find what you want once you know your way through. You can set favorites easily. The reason there are so many channels is because you get every single ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS affiliate in the country. You won't be scrolling through those all that often. Quality isn't as good as cable, but to get every sporting event in the world for $50 a year, it works.

Reactions: thegock
Might be more enjoyable to watch Taylor Swift videos on YouTube.

"Cruel Summer" song fits fans being herded into streaming.
I thought PSLs would be the line in the sand but nope

"Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
Bad, bad boy
Shiny toy with a price
You know that I bought it
Killing me slow, out the window
I'm always waiting for you to be waiting below
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
What doesn't kill me makes me want you more"

Last edited:
I grind my own beans every morning and make a whole pot of coffee for the cost of 54 cents.

Did you forget the half and half and filter? Might bump it up to 60¢. I take mine to the office in a Thermos and use the same cup which I
wash out. Last 3 years 9 months saved close to 2k and kept close to 1000 cups out of the waste stream

It took a little while to set up. Depending on your TV you can download the app directly, or you may need to do it through a Firestick. The interface is pretty good, not all that difficult to find what you want once you know your way through. You can set favorites easily. The reason there are so many channels is because you get every single ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS affiliate in the country. You won't be scrolling through those all that often. Quality isn't as good as cable, but to get every sporting event in the world for $50 a year, it works.
Thanks. I'm interested in it as both NBC Sports and GCN no longer have the UCI cycling events in Europe except for a few Grand Tours (Giro and Tour de France) This will be a busy spring and fall because of the Olympics taking up a good chunk of the summer.
It looks like you pay for every device correct? Do you get games on the local sports networks across the country like YES?
I got local covered and then some. I can look out my living room window and see the 4 towers that broadcast all the area channels including Harrisburg and Delaware, just over the river in Roxborough section of Philadelphia. I live less then a mile away from them.

Thanks. I'm interested in it as both NBC Sports and GCN no longer have the UCI cycling events in Europe except for a few Grand Tours (Giro and Tour de France) This will be a busy spring and fall because of the Olympics taking up a good chunk of the summer.
It looks like you pay for every device correct? Do you get games on the local sports networks across the country like YES?
I got local covered and then some. I can look out my living room window and see the 4 towers that broadcast all the area channels including Harrisburg and Delaware, just over the river in Roxborough section of Philadelphia. I live less then a mile away from them.
half life tech GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Yes you pay by device. There are 197 regional sports networks across the country on there including YES, MSG, etc

I finally broke down and got Peacock this fall for the EPL games.

Their picture quality pisses all over ESPN+ and Amazon for streaming sports.

Amazon sucked when it began broadcasting Thursday night games.
I'm sure Saturday's game will be a mess but the NFL and streamers know that and will just ride the herd dirty.
Fans booed Goodell/NFL for 15 years and NFL never cared because people just keep feeding the beast.

Last edited:
Amazon sucked when it began broadcasting Thursday night games.
I'm sure Saturday's game will be a mess but the NFL and streamers no that and will just ride the herd dirty.
Fans booed Goodell/NFL for 15 years and NFL never cared because people just keep feeding the beast.
Amazon sucked when it started because it started with the NFL.

Peacock started several years ago with other sports and has worked out a lot of bugs with fewer people watching. The biggest question with them should be if/how their infrastructure can handle a significant increase in viewership, not the broadcast itself.

For those without Peacock, you may be able to get it discounted via your cable/streaming partner or cell service. For example I stream all TV via DirectTV Stream and get it as an upgrade through them for $3.99. Peacock is great to watch a bunch or sports like soccer, rugby, FIS skiing, early coverage golf and others.

Reactions: MulletCork
Amazon sucked when it started because it started with the NFL.

Peacock started several years ago with other sports and has worked out a lot of bugs with fewer people watching. The biggest question with them should be if/how their infrastructure can handle a significant increase in viewership, not the broadcast itself.

The infrastructure is what I was thinking of.
Amazon games practically looked like pre HDTV.
Fuzzy images, buffering etc - def a downgrade at first.
Average viewership for wildcard games is around 30 million.
42m watched Dallas and SF in 2022.
Since Peacock is NBC they will have better chops than Amazon but In my mind I keep seeing the pics of pythons choked-up trying to swallow pigs lol

All I can say is I stream all my TV (mostly thru AppleTV with some Firesticks/ Verizon stream devices) and my resolution is so much better than cable. I would never go back to cable.

Peacock is by far the best of the streaming platforms with respect to video feed quality for live sports.

I have Peacock, Paramount+, Amazon Prime, had ESPN+. Peacock's consistency is way better than all of them. Amazon has the best peak video quality, but some buffering issues there.

is this real? People complaining over $6 a month??? I'm sure the same people have no problem dropping $8 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks though. Its 20 cents a day people!
It's not just Peacock. People need Apple+, ESPN+, Peacock, BTN+, Amazon Prime to watch sports at this point, on top of the normal cable package -- that all adds up. Not to mention the experience isn't as good when you need to switch to other games during commercials.

Reactions: RULegacy
For those without Peacock, you may be able to get it discounted via your cable/streaming partner or cell service. For example I stream all TV via DirectTV Stream and get it as an upgrade through them for $3.99. Peacock is great to watch a bunch or sports like soccer, rugby, FIS skiing, early coverage golf and others.
I just found out I'm eligible for a free Peacock account as a customer with Diamond status on Comcast. I assume it's because I've had Comcast for so long. Anyone with Comcast can find out if you have either Diamond or Platinum customer status by signing in to your xfinity account. You then register with Peacock through their app. I will say I never would have paid a dime for it though.

I keep forgetting people pay for subscriptions! Between Netflix being covered by T-Mobile, max covered by att and prime video covered by Amazon via Prime subscription, I can’t even imagine paying for tv content anymore. Can’t remember the last time I tuned into espin…2013?

It's not just Peacock. People need Apple+, ESPN+, Peacock, BTN+, Amazon Prime to watch sports at this point, on top of the normal cable package -- that all adds up. Not to mention the experience isn't as good when you need to switch to other games during commercials.

Not only do the costs add-up but people are urged to keep dishing-out their personal and payment data to institutions that have long done a bad job of protecting same. I could have dozens of auto-debits for garbage if I wasn't diligent about limiting them

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I keep forgetting people pay for subscriptions! Between Netflix being covered by T-Mobile, max covered by att and prime video covered by Amazon via Prime subscription, I can’t even imagine paying for tv content anymore. Can’t remember the last time I tuned into espin…2013?

Because you don't pay plenty for all those services? 😄👍

Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT