ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Peacock

Yes, I mentioned it in another thread. Saturday games are both NBC and the second game will be the first NFL to be exclusively live streamed on Peacock.
Fn ridiculous. So many older people won’t / can’t watch no. Shameful

My in laws are 88 and 86 and even they can log into Peacock on their SMART TV. It's not that hard. The game will be the default option.

Reactions: Jimpeg and TRU2RU
Fn ridiculous. So many older people won’t / can’t watch no. Shameful
If "old" people can't figure it out they are missing out on a lot more then football!! Plus they waste more money buying the newspaper at $2/3 a day then for Peacock for $5.99 a
month.

Absolutely not. Well worth the $2.99 a month for my Premier League games. What a bonus to get some Rutgers stuff and now a NFL playoff game. Quality is amazing.
You must have a crappy cable company. Streaming doesn't match cable around here yet but has become a lot better. The best was DirecTV. Still excellent but their customers service went from best to worst after the AT&T buyout.

You must have a crappy cable company. Streaming doesn't match cable around here yet but has become a lot better. The best was DirecTV. Still excellent but their customers service went from best to worst after the AT&T buyout.
Xfinity and they're fine but streaming picture much better.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Peacock will stream some content in 4k. Xfinity won't.

Reactions: Section124
Peacock will stream some content in 4k. Xfinity won't.
If you don't have a 4K TV, I don't, that doesn't matter. So I'll take you word for it. 3K is fine with me. I'm not going to keep chasing the ks Everytime one comes out. Hasn't 4K been passed already? 8K?

Agree with many on this thread, will pass on these games out of principle. Streaming services are trying everything to get viewership, and they are all suffering. Greed is causing this, not just the streaming companies, but the program content pushing it: NFL, NCAA, etc.... these ridiculous contracts to players and coaches are being paid through this, and also the $50 parking, and the $18-$20 beer. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.... it will come full circle and get them in the ass.

Agree with many on this thread, will pass on these games out of principle. Streaming services are trying everything to get viewership, and they are all suffering. Greed is causing this, not just the streaming companies, but the program content pushing it: NFL, NCAA, etc.... these ridiculous contracts to players and coaches are being paid through this, and also the $50 parking, and the $18-$20 beer. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.... it will come full circle and get them in the ass.
I was at your point about a year ago getting pissed that the MLB was advertising getting every out of market game but in reality they made deals with Amazon and Apple and I called and cancelled MLB Extra Innings. I started streaming in May. Got rid of Xfinity a month later. Didn't watch any of Amazon/Apple games but ok with that.
I just think cable is going the way of 8 tracks and cassettes. So might as well make the jump. I have had Peacock for awhile late 2020. Basically for Dan Patrick Show, EPL and
European cycling.

Reactions: Jimpeg
With streaming there's a lot more options at true 1080p/4k, especially with Apple TV MLB games. All the cable companies are still broadcasting at 1080i and 720p with a few 'upscaling' situations that aren't true 4k

Reactions: Section124
With streaming there's a lot more options at true 1080p/4k, especially with Apple TV MLB games. All the cable companies are still broadcasting at 1080i and 720p with a few 'upscaling' situations that aren't true 4k

Plus HDR and Dolby Vision. Seeing a lot of new content on Prime with both. Not sure on sports, but shows and movies.

If you don't have a 4K TV, I don't, that doesn't matter. So I'll take you word for it. 3K is fine with me. I'm not going to keep chasing the ks Everytime one comes out. Hasn't 4K been passed already? 8K?
4k is the high end of what is available on streaming and broadcast. For those who have a 4k TV, is a noticeable difference between 720p or 1080i to 4k. Much better viewing experience in general, especially for sports and movies.

NGL, the net of all of this is I watch a lot less tv and do more productive things during the day

It’s also incredible I listen to more games on the radio in 2024 than I have since the mid 2000s.

If "old" people can't figure it out they are missing out on a lot more then football!! Plus they waste more money buying the newspaper at $2/3 a day then for Peacock for $5.99 a
month.
My father and my uncle are in their late 70s. Without me in the room, they'd have a 0.00% chance of being able to make it work. My dad checks his text messages every 6 months; there's no way he's figuring out how to make an app work (including registering for a login/password, etc) on his TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: koleszar
Was reading an article and they said the NFL tried this back in 2015 with a playoff game(I don't remember it) when ESPN started their streaming service. It got such bad viewership that they decided to never do it again until now. NBC paid the NFL $110 million just for this game to stream on their service. If it gets bad viewership numbers that'll be the end of that.

...its a loss leader for Peacock to gain awareness for streaming....just like thursday games on prime....its the future fastly approaching....i feel the same folks complaining about streaming are similar to the resistance to electronic season tickets.

NFL produces games in 1080p.
Any 4k isn't native but upscaled
Kinda like a gal with nice baps getting plastics anyway
Xbox upscaled too

is this real? People complaining over $6 a month??? I'm sure the same people have no problem dropping $8 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks though. Its 20 cents a day people!
It's not the friggin six bucks. It's the principle. For me not everything is about money.
I don't ever miss an NFL playoff game. And I really enjoy watching Mahomes play. But I'd rather miss the game and not feel about myself the way I would if I ponied up the money to Peacock.
Besides I hear the NFL network is airing a replay of the game later tonight.

$6 today.. $20 in a couple of years.
Enough is enough. F them.
Espn steaming is now $10.99 not long ago it was $5.99. They'll price themselves out, as the first to go for family's will be a steaming service. It's already happening in my household.

Reactions: newell138
$6 today.. $20 in a couple of years.
Enough is enough. F them.
Look at it like a movie back in the day when people went. It’s no problem to pay $6-8 bucks to go watch a 2 hour movie then so if it’s a team or game you find interesting then why not pay to watch a 3 hour football movie

Like right now I’m listening to McCourty talking about Pacheco and how tough Rutgers makes them down there. Worth the price

If you have a kid in college they can use their school email address and get a school discount. My daughter used her RU email and signed up for Peacock for $1.99 per month.

Reactions: Jimpeg
so its about 3 million to each owner for this amount in the contract....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ining-why-league-went-exclusive-to-streaming/

NBC Universal paid the NFL $110 million last year for rights to carry a wild card game on Peacock -- a one-year deal......

If subscriptions are high and the number of people watching is high (NBC said 5.7 million people turned into the December 23 Saturday night game exclusively on Peacock), there's a good bet this playoff game goes to a streaming service again.

so its about 3 million to each owner for this amount in the contract....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ining-why-league-went-exclusive-to-streaming/

NBC Universal paid the NFL $110 million last year for rights to carry a wild card game on Peacock -- a one-year deal......

If subscriptions are high and the number of people watching is high (NBC said 5.7 million people turned into the December 23 Saturday night game exclusively on Peacock), there's a good bet this playoff game goes to a streaming service again.
This is a test run…

Wait until the NFL start charging you $9.99 for each regular season game and $29.99 for each playoff game.

Reactions: Local Shill
4k is the high end of what is available on streaming and broadcast. For those who have a 4k TV, is a noticeable difference between 720p or 1080i to 4k. Much better viewing experience in general, especially for sports and movies.
Is it a big difference from 3k?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT