Joan Baez
Electric Light Orchestra
Journey
Pearl Jam
Tupac Shakur
Yes

-------------------------
Only 5 get in. Pick your 5.
Shame that only 5 should get in, because it is a travesty that ELO, Journey, Steppenwolf, J. Geils Band, The Cars and Yes are not already in the Hall, and Madonna and other acts having questionable rock credentials are in.
Pearl Jam and Jane's Addiction can wait. It too Van Halen 10 years past their eligibility before they got in.

My 5:
ELO
Journey
The Cars
J. Geils Band
Yes
--------
Runners Up
Bad Brains
Joan Baez
Steppenwolf

Nominees Jann Wenner will let in above more deserving acts:
Chaka Khan
Kraftwerk
Tupac Shakur

Full List of Nominees:

Bad Brains
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Electric Light Orchestra
J. Geils Band
Jane’s Addiction
Janet Jackson
Joan Baez
Joe Tex
Journey
Kraftwerk
MC5
Pearl Jam
Steppenwolf
The Cars
The Zombies
Tupac Shakur
Yes

Last edited:
Reactions: ru8081
IMHO, the Rock HOF is beyond stupid. There simply aren't enough HOF worthy acts to support admission of 5 per year. Every year, it just gets more and more watered down. Great bands usually last for decades. By the very nature of the industry, there can be very few truly great bands.

As a result, the HOF list is beginning to look more like a list of "significant contributors."

If the actual Band members of YES were able to get along then I do believe they would of been in a long time ago. Just my 2 cents

No I am not. They don't get along. Jon Anderson has not been with the Band for almost ten years. Chris Squire, Steve Howe preceded to tour when Jon Anderson was sick. Yes is not Yes if Jon Anderson is not singing.

Yes has nothing on Steve Perry and Journey . . . . .
LOL. Squire, Howe, Wakeman, and Bruford are all in the top 25 performers in rock history for their instruments. I would argue that Squire and Wakeman are number 1 at their instruments. Not even close.

Reactions: sherrane
I think Knight Shift meant Journey has more disfunction than Yes, not a comparison of the musical talent.

Who the heck is Kraftwerk?

I think Knight Shift meant Journey has more disfunction than Yes, not a comparison of the musical talent.

Never heard this german band's song "the Autobahn"?

"Fun, fun, fun alf da autobahn"

great late night song from back in the day IF you were in the RIGHT state of mind.. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Knight Shift

Correct. Steve Perry is an oddball. Journey has made an admirable run with Ariel Pineda (sp?) as their lead singer. Yes is an extremely talented band.

Kraftwerk--LOL. That's just the kind of band that fits Jann Wenner's view of who should be in the Hall of Fame. Meanwhile, bands like Journey, Yes, Steppenwolf, The Cars, and ELO have been sitting on the sidelines. Also, may be mistaken, but will the Moody Blues ever secure a nomination? Agree with whoever said the whole thing is stupid and diluted.
Was very surprised to see Bad Brains get a nomination. Highly deserving, but if they are going in this direction, why not Black Flag? The Sex Pistols paled in comparison to Black Flag and other seminal US punk bands, but again, Jann Wenner likes kitschy, "cool" choices.

Just saw ARW (Anderson Rabin Wakeman) last weekend. They are going through North Jersey this week. It was terrific. Jon Anderson sounds great. If you are a Yes fan, this is a energetic show.

Second rate band that deserves to wait. Too many classic artists that have waited too long.

Whether you like Pearl Jam or not you can't deny their effect on pop culture or their success - again they were undoubtedly at the top of their genre and possibly all music for a few years there.

I hope you are saying that in terms of musical talent YES >> Journey.

BTW I like Journey.

Whether you like Pearl Jam or not you can't deny their effect on pop culture or their success - again they were undoubtedly at the top of their genre and possibly all music for a few years there.
Maybe second rate was harsh. But in my opinion, there was not that much separation among Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots. Pearl Jam just seemed to be another grunge band. Not sure what is meant by their effect of pop culture--don't see it. Can't deny their success--but thought that the hall of fame was more about influence and who Jann Wenner likes than success. If success was a major criterion, then Bon Jovi should be in. The whole process is flawed. Why does there have to be only 5 per year? If 10 could go in (no pun intended), then Pearl Jam is on my list. With only 5, and the list of bands that have been denied entry or a chance for entry, it is difficult for me to put Pearl Jam ahead of them.

Reactions: batts
Second rate band that deserves to wait. Too many classic artists that have waited too long.

Typical nonsense from the typical assclown.
IMO Pearl Jam is one of the greatest bands EVER. Black and Better Man and Indifference are among my favorite all-time tunes.
The best live show I've ever seen.
And no way is Eddie Vetter "waiting". I doubt they'd show up if they ever got "chosen".

Maybe second rate was harsh. But in my opinion, there was not that much separation among Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots. Pearl Jam just seemed to be another grunge band. Not sure what is meant by their effect of pop culture--don't see it. Can't deny their success--but thought that the hall of fame was more about influence and who Jann Wenner likes than success. If success was a major criterion, then Bon Jovi should be in. The whole process is flawed. Why does there have to be only 5 per year? If 10 could go in (no pun intended), then Pearl Jam is on my list. With only 5, and the list of bands that have been denied entry or a chance for entry, it is difficult for me to put Pearl Jam ahead of them.
Agreed. Emerson, Lake and Palmer isn't even on the list. Chaka Khan was basically a one hit wonder, may as well put the Knack in for "My Sharona."
The whole thing is an absolute joke.

Reactions: sherrane
You'd be hard pressed to find any contemporary rock band that doesn't cite Pearl Jam as an influence.

Depeche Mode
Yes
Pearl Jam (Just as Revolutionary as Nirvana in my opinion)
Journey
Tupac Shakur

It's actually pretty cool place - went this Summer. Close to the Pro Football HOF within an hour drive. Good long weekend trip and Cleveland is actually not a dump.

Just saw ARW (Anderson Rabin Wakeman) last weekend. They are going through North Jersey this week. It was terrific. Jon Anderson sounds great. If you are a Yes fan, this is a energetic show.
Nice! I will be attending the ARW concert Wednesday in Red Bank. Really looking forward to it. Love Jon Anderson's voice.

Reactions: ru8081
Highly underrated post. Obscure references to the Big Lebowki should get 1,000 likes.

I am amazed at how quickly you picked that out. Solid posting there.

If obscure Big Lebowski posts hit 1000 likes, I will hit the Like Horizon much more quickly then anticipated. And if you like that, you will really like my post about likes on the lost likes thread.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I am amazed at how quickly you picked that out. Solid posting there.

If obscure Big Lebowski posts hit 1000 likes, I will hit the Like Horizon much more quickly then anticipated. And if you like that, you will really like my post about likes on the lost likes thread.
Obscure references and memes from Step Brothers (jagaloons), Dumb and Dumber (we landed on the moon/you are telling me there's a chance) and Blazing Saddles (Wrong!) are also worthy of multiple likes. The Subway reference seems to be diminishing in likeability, and the Gary reference to Greg really seems to rub some folks the wrong way.

Umm, are there any contemporary rock bands any more?

Uh...check out The War on Drugs, Arcade Fire, The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Alabama Shakes, Gary Clark jr., Dinosaur jr., Mumford and Sons, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Jack White....off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU5781 and RUinOhio
Like everyone else for sure Journey
and . like another poster, am mystified The Moody B lies don't even show up on the ballot

There are, i guess, a lot of bands out there that just miss but if you consider Tupac, Chaka Khan you should not walk past Jethro Tull.
Zombies lack longevity but i can live with that

I am a little surprised that J Giles Band is not in. Not because of superstar status but as a comparison to who gets in

Like everyone else for sure Journey
and . like another poster, am mystified The Moody B lies don't even show up on the ballot

There are, i guess, a lot of bands out there that just miss but if you consider Tupac, Chaka Khan you should not walk past Jethro Tull.
Zombies lack longevity but i can live with that

I am a little surprised that J Giles Band is not in. Not because of superstar status but as a comparison to who gets in
J. Geils Band is highly underrated, and mostly known for Centerfold and the Freeze Frame Album. But their catalog is deep (first release in 1970), and they put on a fantastic live show, even though Peter Wolf is now 70 years old. This is the travesty of the hall. Many of the members of these bands are already dead or will be dead before they are inducted, and meanwhile non-rock acts are nominated and admitted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT