ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Announced

Still can't believe they have a Sirius XM channel for Buffett over at least 50+ other more deserving artists. Conch Republic is very powerful, lol...
Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise are nails on a chalkboard to me.
The guy looks nothing like a rock star.
10152015-Jimmy-Buffett-06.jpg

But then there is one of my favorite bands, Bad Religion. Their lead singer aged. But he has a PhD from Cornell.

greg-graffin-of-bad-religion-performs-in-concert-at-grona-lund-on-10-picture-id829377098

Roxy Music is trash to me
Wow ! We agree on a number of artists, but definitely not Roxy Music.
I love Brian Ferry's vocals, Phil Manzanera's guitar work, and especially Andy Mackay's sax. And not to forget Brian Eno.
Stranded, Country Life, and Flesh and Blood are all excellent albums
And Avalon is one of the greatest albums ever. Four of the greatest tunes.....The Main Thing, Avalon, More Than This, and True To Life...are all classics.
All valued pieces of my vinyl collection.

Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise are nails on a chalkboard to me.
The guy looks nothing like a rock star.
10152015-Jimmy-Buffett-06.jpg

But then there is one of my favorite bands, Bad Religion. Their lead singer aged. But he has a PhD from Cornell.

greg-graffin-of-bad-religion-performs-in-concert-at-grona-lund-on-10-picture-id829377098
I never figured out how Buffet wasn't a One-Hit Wonder.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Going to see the Old 97's tonight at Irving Plaza, with their lead singer Rhett Miller opening up the show. Great workingman's rock and roll (alt country, but more alt than country, mostly). Here's one of my faves of theirs.

If you've never spent time swinging at anchor in a crystal clear Bahamian cove then you're not truly gonna get Buffett.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
If you've never spent time swinging at anchor in a crystal clear Bahamian cove then you're not truly gonna get Buffett.
Never listen to Buffet, except when we are at St. John.....and when you are there (or somewhere else just like it), Buffet just makes sense.
:)

Do you think Lindsey Buckingham does Stevie's induction intro?

haha definitely not. She and Mick got tired of Lindsey...and I say good riddance....die hard FM fans are split. There is not denying he is a major part of FM success but he is also a major part of their downfall after the mid 80s. never got the appeal of Lindsay anyhow and he really seemed jealous over the years of Stevies success compared to him...he had one top 10 hit Trouble, another made the top 20 Go Insane but thats it. Stevie went and sold out arenas like MSG last year while Lindsay struggles to fill a small theater

haha definitely not. She and Mick got tired of Lindsey...and I say good riddance....die hard FM fans are split. There is not denying he is a major part of FM success but he is also a major part of their downfall after the mid 80s. never got the appeal of Lindsay anyhow and he really seemed jealous over the years of Stevies success compared to him...he had one top 10 hit Trouble, another made the top 20 Go Insane but thats it. Stevie went and sold out arenas like MSG last year while Lindsay struggles to fill a small theater
There was a really good Rolling Stone article about his nuttiness. Can’t link it right now, but will try later.

Reactions: Knight Shift
BOOM...Stevie Nicks..first women to be inducted twice

good lord what happened to rock and roll music...we are lucky to have been a part to experience real music with real passion

The live version where she seems to be “speaking in tongues” on an acid trip at the end is the best.

Lindsey’s “Out of the Cradle” album from ‘92 I believe is an underrated masterpiece.

Buckingham wrote most of their best songs. The Chain, Go Your Own Way, Monday Morning and Tusk to name a few. Under The Skin is a great album.

I never figured out how Buffet wasn't a One-Hit Wonder.

Ask Bob Dylan as to his opinion of Buffett? The Cure is in and some are going to compare appearances? Lol!!!
How many artists last as long as Buffett?
Longevity alone is H O F worthy.

His concerts giant Rock and Roll party.

Ask Bob Dylan as to his opinion of Buffett? The Cure is in and some are going to compare appearances? Lol!!!
How many artists last as long as Buffett?
Longevity alone is H O F worthy.

His concerts giant Rock and Roll party.
Why would I ask Bob Dylan about the Margaritaville guy ?
And what do you mean by "last as long" ? What...he's still alive ? He's still putting out albums and touring with the Beachboys?
I strongly recommend his Margaritaville place in Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay...where they play video of some concert of his over and over again. I found it hilarious. .

Why would I ask Bob Dylan about the Margaritaville guy ?
And what do you mean by "last as long" ? What...he's still alive ? He's still putting out albums and touring with the Beachboys?
I strongly recommend his Margaritaville place in Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay...where they play video of some concert of his over and over again. I found it hilarious. .
And don't get me started about his Margaritaville place in Negril.

I'm watching this on HBO(I don't know when it actually premiered.) and loving it so far. I also ate a little bit of a special cookie so it's making it much better lol[laughing]

Last edited:
it was a great show...Stevie Nicks was awesome...she ****ing killed it. I love Stevie and not afraid to say it.

The Cure...awesome

Roxy Music...excellent

Zombies...wow

Janet Jackson..looks terrible..fat and bad plastic surgery..what a joke and didnt perform....boo..really did not belong

Def Leppard....good god the guys voice is terrible, who would pay for that

I loved that the show was absent of any faux political statements that plague all the other music shows that cater to hip hop, rap and manufactured pop

a show for adult people with brains

What's funny about threads like this is that it so hard to tell when people are being sarcastic.

(Not a comment on your post, JM, just ended up below it.)

true confession...I did the stage rush back during Edge of Seventeen in 2014? at PNC and got to touch her hand.....i can still visualize that exact moment

true confession...I did the stage rush back during Edge of Seventeen in 2014? at PNC and got to touch her hand.....i can still visualize that exact moment
I'd ask if you washed your hand, but I remember our OCD talk lol. That's cool though. I'm at Janet Jackson. She doesn't look that bad. When I was about 11 I used to choreograph dance routines with my cousins and dance at bbq's to her music. lmaoooo I didn't know she had a baby?!?

Could not find a 2019 thread discussing Nominees:

Inductees:
  • The Cure
  • Def Leppard
  • Janet Jackson
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Radiohead
  • Roxy Music
  • The Zombies
----------------
Nominees who did not get in:
MC5, Devo, Rage Against the Machine and Todd Rundgren still deserving.
  • Devo
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
Could not find a 2019 thread discussing Nominees:

Inductees:
  • The Cure
  • Def Leppard
  • Janet Jackson
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Radiohead
  • Roxy Music
  • The Zombies
----------------
Nominees who did not get in:
MC5, Devo, Rage Against the Machine and Todd Rundgren still deserving.
  • Devo
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren

What the hell is it with these guys? Rundgren has been around since the 60's with the Nazz, then his own group (it was all him except for Soupy Sales' kid on the drums: RUNT, Utopia) and a slew of catchy singles that made it in movies and on billboard.

They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Drop Def Leppard add Todd and I'd watch...right now all I want to do is wring their F'ing necks and …..

MO

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Tinman
I saw The Cure RRHOF set last month (Youtube fan vid) and they tried to be rockish (crowd seemed to like them). I'm not a 9" Nails fan but I thought Trent Reznor did a great job introducing Cure

Reactions: Jm0513
Def Leppard....good god the guys voice is terrible, who would pay for that
Holy **** I had my head down texting and I was like "wtf is this" and I looked up and gasped. My ears!!! I skipped through most of this. I'm gonna watch Stevie again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT