ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Announced

If we're putting in Nicks twice...and including groups that either never reached the mainstream or played with SOUL/ FIRE:

include these the M'fers again...just because they're the best!

MO

Here's a group that should make it in the future: Larkin Poe

MO
PS Love me some Paul Schaffer...down with autotuned hip hop rickety rap non rockers!

PPS here's another blast from the past: Led Z (Cover)

PPPS Stevie Ray Cover

PPPPS Great Cover Maggie May

PPPPPS Some group named after Bugs...

Lots of P's and S': Maggie Mae

I love the brunette's playing, voice and looks! Great combination. Hope they get a chance to make it in the biz...and strut their stuff!!!

Last edited:
I have no clue who this is!!!!!!!!

If Rock and Roll put on a tux and decided to go classy, you'd have Roxy Music. Started back in the early 70s and hit their stride at the start of the 80s. Try You Tubing the following songs by Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music for a taste:

Love Is The Drug
Dance Away
Over You
More Than This

Stevie Nicks will be 71 at the end of this month. Until I saw a documentary on her, I did not know of the depth of song writing and composing she put into Fleetwood Mac and her own songs. Extremely talented out front and behind the scenes.

Todd Rundgren's influence in rock and roll is/was also huge behind the scenes producing many great artists and albums in addition to his own catalogue of songs.

I'd ask if you washed your hand, but I remember our OCD talk lol. That's cool though. I'm at Janet Jackson. She doesn't look that bad. When I was about 11 I used to choreograph dance routines with my cousins and dance at bbq's to her music. lmaoooo I didn't know she had a baby?!?

at 50 something..did a tube carry it

I'd ask if you washed your hand, but I remember our OCD talk lol. That's cool though. I'm at Janet Jackson. She doesn't look that bad. When I was about 11 I used to choreograph dance routines with my cousins and dance at bbq's to her music. lmaoooo I didn't know she had a baby?!?

I preferred Jody Watley

Reactions: Jm0513
Cure without question... and I’m not even a big fan.

If the HOF puts in Nicks twice, then put in Ozzy.

Sorry, but the Hall completely discounts Heavy Metal and Prog Rock. The fact that Maiden and Judas Priest have not been put in is a crime. .

Saw JP Monday night. Should be in. No brainer. Same for Maiden but I don't lose any sleep over what the clowns at the R&R Hall of Fame decide. I'm sure Maiden and Priest don't either

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I am a Metallica fan. But the fact that they are in, and Priest and Maiden (not a fan of Maiden, but respect what they have done) is a joke.
Same can be said for Motorhead, or at least Lemmy himself, who was in a very influential Hawkwind. Legions of artists cite Lemmy and Motorhead as huge influences.

Motorhead influenced an entire genre of Metal called Speed Metal. Thrash Metal grew out of Speed Metal , and the two extreme metal styles (Death and Black) grew out of those two.

In addition, Hardcore Punk bands were also influence by Motorhead and that lead to many Hardcore Punk genres like Crossover and Crust which in turn are the foundation to all of the metal sounding Punk styles we have today. I won't name them all but there are a LOT of them.

Sadly, the people who run the the hall have very little knowlenge of Rock music. So they don't know any of this.

Last edited:
Motorhead influenced an entire genre of Metal called Speed Metal. Trash Metal grew out of Speed Metal , and the two extreme metal styles (Death and Black) grew out of those two.

In addition, Hardcore Punk bands were also influence by Motorhead and that lead to many Hardcore Punk genres like Crossover and Crust which in turn are the foundation to all of the metal sounding Punk styles we have today. I won't name them all but there are a LOT of them.

Sadly, the people who run the the hall have very little knowlenge of Rock music. So they don't know any of this.
Jann Wenner is a snob and a jerk.

Trash metal? Autocorrect strikes again--or Jann Wenner got hold of your phone.

I'm very upset that Minnie Riperton is not being considered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT