ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees-INDUCTEES ANNOUNCED

That's just stupid. Go ahead....try it. I'll bet you're not gonna be a star.

He's being cute - it's from House of Pain's "Legend," a relatively weak song from their 1994 EP, which was a very weak follow-up to their 1992 breakthrough debut album. While not that similar musically, to Nirvana, IMO, HOP does not reach the level of commercial success they did without Nirvana opening up the airwaves to new sounds the year before.

Being an old guy, a lot of the inductees are not familiar to me.
would like to see the Zombies in (Kinks and Yardbirds are both in - although the Yardbirds sent out Clapton, Page and Beck, their work as a group is not a whole lot more memorable)
Steppenwolf I liked, but not enough good output for HOF induction (Hesse's book was pretty good)
Baez - you have to be kidding - name me one song she did that was rock! Folk artists like Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie are in as "Early Influences", but not a fan of folk singers in HOF. (I do like JB, but does not belong here)
Other early influence people (that I like, but not for R&R) Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Bill Monroe, Jimmie Rogers.
Tupac -UGH!!! rap is not rock.
Been to the HOF - interesting place. Went when I was in Cleveland for the Women's FF.

"Baez - you have to be kidding - name me one song she did that was rock!"
"Love is just a Four Letter Word" may qualify.....although I kinda agree with your point.

"Tupac -UGH!!! rap is not rock."
I've been saying that throughout this whole thread. Just because it's a new type of music and it's popular doesn't mean it's rock and roll. And just because my father and your father and the eighth grade choir leader scoffed at rock and roll doesn't mean that any other type of new stuff that gets scoffed at is therefore as good as rock and roll...whatever "good" means.
Actually, I think "good" means "I like it". And I don't like rap. So it's not good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT