ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Where in FL????

I've read some articles about the homeowners insurance issues in FL. I don't know how it's ever going to be "fixed" because after every major storm, insurers refuse to write new policies or threaten to leave the state altogether. Those that stay are only doing so because of subsidies and a law that raises rates on everyone if a single insurer gets killed by a major storm. The flood insurance issue is a federal law and affects the entire country if you're in a flood zone. Florida has nothing to do with it other than it's location.
I communicate with some Florida residents and the ones living in central Florida are fine but the coastal residents are screwed.

I also smell weed here in NJ plenty. Who cares?

Smelling weed here versus being shot on the boardwalk in Florida? Not a tough call, but maybe I just value life.
Don't mean to hijack the thread but a question to the more seasoned board members - Why does pot smell a lot different now than what I was use to whiffing back in the late 70s or 80s? It's offensive to me now (skunky) whereas back in the day really milder.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but a question to the more seasoned board members - Why does pot smell a lot different now than what I was use to whiffing back in the late 70s or 80s? It's offensive to me now (skunky) whereas back in the day really milder.
No difference, you just became an old man.

• Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
Weird I was at the Jersey Shore this weekend and didn't notice any shootings.

It's almost like letting people have books, bodily autonomy, AP class, and weed rather than guns and bashing the state's largest employer because you don't like its opinion works?

Honestly it should smell less because vapes now exist and edibles are far more popular and both are preferred especially for the more casual user that would feel more liberated with the law changing.

Your favorite NYPost from this morning - DeSantis’ Warzone

DUCK!!!

DUCK!!!

Just a guess but I would bet the common thread between the two would be the demographics of the shooters/shootees. Was mostly peaceful till shots rang out I'm sure.

No, my name is not Creskin. Just pointing out what seems obvious. Dangerous armed MAGA people are EVERYWHERE and shooting each other. Something needs to be done.

No cash bail or prosecution for these folks is probably the best way forward. They likely didn't mean it and will promise not to do it again. Problem solved.😂😂😂

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Last edited:
Just a guess but I would bet the common thread between the two would be the demographics of the shooters/shootees. Was mostly peaceful till shots rang out I'm sure.

No, my name is not Creskin. Just pointing out what seems obvious. Dangerous armed MAGA people are EVERYWHERE and shooting each other. Something needs to be done.

No cash bail or prosecution for these folks is probably the best way forward. They likely didn't mean it and will promise not to do it again. Problem solved.😂😂😂

Every shooter wears a red MAGA hat with bulging veins in their foreheads 🤣😆😂

I live here. I don’t need to listen to any media on the subject. Downtown is empty. I went there maybe 5 times in my decade plus of living here. Tenderloin is a shithole. Rest of the city is great. My neighborhood is clean and safe. My home value has increased exponentially.
Interesting from a UCSF Medical School Prof and MD:

We were on the boardwalk that night and it was no big deal on the boardwalk. Yes, it was a big deal for some of the teens who were funneled to a large area on the beach, where many got drunk and fights broke out - but apart from some minor complaints by business owners, it wasn't a big deal for most. We'll see over the next few weeks how effective the rule changes (earlier curfews for minors, bag bans, etc.) work.

Acting like there is no crime in other cities/states is weird.

Acting like there is no crime in other cities/states is weird.
No one here lives in Orange County
You live in SF
You should move out. It’s a shathole

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
It's not really the homeowners insurance premium but the hurricane coverage that is really high. Plus with a mortgage banks are going to require federal flood insurance. We sold out of Florida and found the Carolinas' more affordable and less traffic.
Where in Carolina?

No one here lives in Orange County
You live in SF
You should move out. It’s a shathole

You should visit, don’t let that lamestream media scare you!

Live in Cape Coral on the west coast in a waterfront condo. You can get something pretty nice between $400,000 and $750,000 with dock space and gulf access. Several nice golf courses nearby and not far from Ft. Myers airport. About 30+ miles north of Naples. Cape Harbor Marina condos are really nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT