ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wilder-Fury

ElmiraExpress

Senior
Oct 3, 2004
Can bars in NJ show the Wilder-Fury fight or do pay-for-vies rules prevent this? I would assume there would be lots of interest and extra business for any bar showing this. If they can, any recommendations in the Middlesex/Somerset/Mercer county areas?

Can bars in NJ show the Wilder-Fury fight or do pay-for-vies rules prevent this? I would assume there would be lots of interest and extra business for any bar showing this. If they can, any recommendations in the Middlesex/Somerset/Mercer county areas?
Not sure. Someone told me the recent PPV McGregor fight was on at a local Buffalo Wild Wings so maybe so?

Year ago, the way it worked was the bar would have to pay a certain amount (don't know if it was full retail) for every seat in the place. Some figured it was still worth it, so they did it.

I don't know if this is still how it goes, however.

Seriously. And Tyson fury was named after Iron Mike.

Talk about a growth spurt

Tyson Luke Fury was born on 12 August 1988 in the Wythenshawe area of Manchester, where he was raised. He was born three months premature and weighed 1 pound (450 g). His father, John, named him Tyson after the then-undefeated undisputed heavyweight world champion Mike Tyson

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
Talk about a growth spurt

Tyson Luke Fury was born on 12 August 1988 in the Wythenshawe area of Manchester, where he was raised. He was born three months premature and weighed 1 pound (450 g). His father, John, named him Tyson after the then-undefeated undisputed heavyweight world champion Mike Tyson
Growth spurt? He's only 257 times his birth weight.

Based on experience of running a bar, you have to pay per seat. Places up to 49 is x, 50-99 is y, etc. so bars can show but a place of 49 seats will cost like a $1000+

The first fight was tremendous. These guys are very well-matched and respect each other a lot. I think it's going to be another good one.

I thought Wilder won it convincingly... with 2 knockdowns.
Look forward to #2.

I thought Wilder won it convincingly... with 2 knockdowns.
Look forward to #2.

Most people around boxing seemed to have it 115-113 Fury in the first match.

Hope this fight is as good. Still not sure how Fury rose from the dead after the one knockdown. Wilder's punch is so powerful it is insane.

Fury is the worst heavyweight champ Ive ever seen. His fight against Klitschko was the worst championship fight ive ever seen

Fury is the worst heavyweight champ Ive ever seen. His fight against Klitschko was the worst championship fight ive ever seen
Dont know how young you are but i disagree. Guy definitely has some skills. And obviously some toughness. Would not have lasted 12 rounds the first time if not. Maybe you cant recall Trevor Berbick, Tony Tubbs just to name a couple that pop into my head.

Fury wants to go in as a fighter which I don't get really since he is better off dancing. Wilder could TKO him quickly. Hope it goes to a decision again.

That's what Wilder gets for talking about how he wants to kill an opponent in the ring one day.

He better not take rematch because it will be the same result.

Besides the ungodly power in his right hand Wilder doesnt have much else in the way of skills. Its been shown in other fights where his power has bailed him out, but tonight when it wasnt able to do it for him he had nothing else to go to.
He's the big puncher. Nothing wrong with that, but his plan is always to land the big one. If it doesn't happen, a good boxer like Fury can make him look bad.

Last edited:
They would've gained so many more fans had this been on free TV or HBO.....
I'm sure PPV will rake in so much more money, but for a sport struggling to the UFC they need as many more fans as possible!

Yes they can. Some of the larger bars let people in free to watch, I know a bar down the shore that usually charges a 5 or 10 buck cover to get in.

I started thinking Fury proved the better fighter, this time.
Wilder's trainer did the right thing and threw in the towel when he saw his man in more trouble than he could handle and no way to get out of it.

In my opinion:
Wilder needs to work more on his boxing skills and not just rely on the knock-out punch that is what got him to the top, but not enough to keep him there if he wants to be on top again.

I started thinking Fury proved the better fighter, this time.
Wilder's trainer did the right thing and threw in the towel when he saw his man in more trouble than he could handle and no way to get out of it.

In my opinion:
Wilder needs to work more on his boxing skills and not just rely on the knock-out punch that is what got him to the top, but not enough to keep him there if he wants to be on top again.
He got a late start in the sport compared to most guys. Not a ton of amateur experience even with the Olympic appearance. Question is how much can one polish up their skills at almost 35 years old?

Wilder said he wants a rematch. Said his legs were tired from the 45lb costume he wore into the ring. Lol how bout u don’t wear a 45lb costume into the ring then smh

Speaking of possible matches:
Fury should fight Anthony Joshua to unify the Heavyweight title and Wilder could fight the 27-1 Dillian Whyte whose only loss was to Joshua for the right to fight the winner of the Fury –Joshua match

Fury,Joshua & Whyte are Brits, Wilder the only American of the bunch.

Speaking of possible matches:
Fury should fight Anthony Joshua to unify the Heavyweight title and Wilder could fight the 27-1 Dillian Whyte whose only loss was to Joshua for the right to fight the winner of the Fury –Joshua match

Fury,Joshua & Whyte are Brits, Wilder the only American of the bunch.
Sounds like Joshua is scared of Fury and doesn't want to fight him.

:Fist: :FistBump:

Showing my age, but I watched the Holmes VS Cooney fight back in 1982 at a pretty full RAC. It probably only cost ten bucks or so ( too long ago to remember). Brings back memories... Holmes by TKO in 13.

:Fist: :FistBump:

Showing my age, but I watched the Holmes VS Cooney fight back in 1982 at a pretty full RAC. It probably only cost ten bucks or so ( too long ago to remember). Brings back memories... Holmes by TKO in 13.

Does anyone remember a bar in New Brunswick called Honeys? They had a professionally painted metal sign advertising the Spinks Tyson fight hanging outside. Promoting that it was on "closed circuit TV" and a free buffet

I got pretty drunk one night as I happened to do back in the 80's and as I was walking past the bar, ripped if off the door and took it home. I still have it to this day and have it hanging in my garage

Sounds like Joshua is scared of Fury and doesn't want to fight him.
Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has said he wants the Fury-Joshua fight to happen and seems to be hyping it.

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua will be ‘biggest fight in boxing history’, says Eddie Hearn | The Independent
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ut-anthony-joshua-next-opponent-a9353106.html

edit: Hearn is also the promoter for Dillian Whyte and Whyte reportedly isn't too happy
about Hearn pushing for a Fury -Joshua fight instead of having Joshua fight the WBA's #1 contender (Whyte)

Last edited:
Joshua should be scared. He got knocked out by the Pillsbury Doughboy. Any in shape opponent who isn't hoovering pre fight doughnuts would starch his sorry ass.
Dillian Whyte claimed that Joshua lowballed him when he was negotiating for the fight Ruiz knocked out Joshua.
Ruiz replaced Jarrell Miller (who was forced out of the match because of failing drug test)
Then the doughboy fought the rematch with added poundage and lost.

I expect a Fury -Wilder rematch will happen and Joshua won't be in the picture until the Fury / Wilder's rematch is done.
But it will be interesting to see who Joshua fights while waiting for a match-up with the Fury -Wilder 3 winner.

Dillian Whyte claimed that Joshua lowballed him when he was negotiating for the fight Ruiz knocked out Joshua.
Ruiz replaced Jarrell Miller (who was forced out of the match because of failing drug test)
Then the doughboy fought the rematch with added poundage and lost.

I expect a Fury -Wilder rematch will happen and Joshua won't be in the picture until the Fury / Wilder's rematch is done.
But it will be interesting to see who Joshua fights while waiting for a match-up with the Fury -Wilder 3 winner.
Joshua's management is going to search far and wide for a suitable tomato can for him to fight, though that didn't exactly work out well the last time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT