ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast: Kratch/Sargeant Pick RU over MSU

It’s a peace offering for game #1... we can win yes but we must find an O line, QB and someone to catch the football... I believe we can do enough on the D side to keep it competitive.

It’s a peace offering for game #1... we can win yes but we must find an O line, QB and someone to catch the football... I believe we can do enough on the D side to keep it competitive.
These are justifiable concerns that are hard to argue but you know, part of me is thinking if Gleeson is this Wunderkid who plays to the strength of his players maybe he'll have a scheme to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly with a lot of RPO stuff.....ergo I think it favors Verdral at QB...maybe we shock people including ourselves!

These are justifiable concerns that are hard to argue but you know, part of me is thinking if Gleeson is this Wunderkid who plays to the strength of his players maybe he'll have a scheme to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly with a lot of RPO stuff.....ergo I think it favors Verdral at QB...maybe we shock people including ourselves!
I have watched Okie State videos with Sean Gleason’s offense. They had Chuba at RB and several decent WR’s and he did make it easier for the O line by using quick out passes and mi directional plays along with some good zone blocking . Did not need to hold those blocks long but just enough to allow the play to work.We will know better in several more days. I can’t wait to see Rutgers play.

Reactions: RUHouston
I wouldn’t put too much stock in it either way. One year Sargeant picked us to go undefeated .
I put just a little stock in it, only because these guys do get to see the team and talk to players and coaches and might have at least a little insight on the mental state of the team. Also, if they thought the team was simply horrible and despondent, I don't think anyone would pick a 13-point underdog, but maybe I'm wrong on that. Bottom line is I was simply surprised any of them picked RU.

I put just a little stock in it, only because these guys do get to see the team and talk to players and coaches and might have at least a little insight on the mental state of the team. Also, if they thought the team was simply horrible and despondent, I don't think anyone would pick a 13-point underdog, but maybe I'm wrong on that. Bottom line is I was simply surprised any of them picked RU.
Like I said one year Sargeant picked us to go undefeated and I think we lost half our games . I don’t know how much they’ve seen the team ; there has been very little “news” from the press this year . The best thing released was the two-deep and that was not by them . I do hope their prediction is right !

Reactions: RU848789
2018 Princeton 10-0 scored 50,51,45,66,48,29,66,14,59,42
14-9 was against 7-0 Dartmouth
2019 OSU 8-5 scored 52,56,40,30,26,35,27,34,34,31,{20,16,21}
Last 3 was with 2nd string QB

I wouldn't be surprised if these reporters have their "sources"/RU employees, security, whoever they know and works there for decades that get access to practices here and there that get an inside look at what the team looks like this year compared to the last 4 or 8 years and are optimistic at what they see.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if these reporters have their "sources"/RU employees, security, whoever they know and worked there for decades that get access to practices here and there that get an inside look at what the team looks like this year compared to the last 4 or 8 years and are optimistic at what they see.
I would be

I wouldn't be surprised if these reporters have their "sources"/RU employees, security, whoever they know and worked there for decades that get access to practices here and there that get an inside look at what the team looks like this year compared to the last 4 or 8 years and are optimistic at what they see.
FYMTG'sE

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
part of me is thinking if Gleeson is this Wunderkid who plays to the strength of his players maybe he'll have a scheme to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly with a lot of RPO stuff.....ergo I think it favors Verdral at QB...maybe we shock people including ourselves!
Well the square peg in round hole offense our former OC's tried certainly didn't work. Maybe a round peg will work this time. He'll be the best OC we've had since the Fridge and he turned that offense around by using a round peg.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUHouston
Well I hope your intuition is correct on the team for 2020. We all need some good feelings for a change.
I wouldn't go that far, lol. I do think we'll be better than most expect, but that still only means maybe 2-3 wins (and likely being favored in none), but I think it will mean more competitive losses where other teams know they were in a fist fight.

Reactions: RUBOB72
I am surrounded by Michigan State (and Michigan) and other midwestern college football fans down here in Southwest Florida. I’d love to see Rutgers knock off the Spartans. I will violate our housing complex rules by draping my large block R banner over the railing for a few days if the right team wins.

I am surrounded by Michigan State (and Michigan) and other midwestern college football fans down here in Southwest Florida. I’d love to see Rutgers knock off the Spartans. I will violate our housing complex rules by draping my large block R banner over the railing for a few days if the right team wins.

That's gotta suck to be stifled like that. You can't hang a banner or hoist a flag during the day?

That's gotta suck to be stifled like that. You can't hang a banner or hoist a flag during the day?
Not sure of the exact rules. You can’t hang things permanently, I know that. I have no problems with our condo complex. It is well run by volunteers, looks great, the HOA fees are low, and the units have great resale value. I’m sure no one will stifle a brief celebratory expression!

we can win yes but we must find an O line, QB and someone to catch the football.
LOL 🤪
Pretty much sounds like an entire offense to me. I know you didn't mention running backs, but the OL would seem to be pretty important for that.

LOL 🤪
Pretty much sounds like an entire offense to me. I know you didn't mention running backs, but the OL would seem to be pretty important for that.

What's an OL? Channeling Ray Kinsella in Field of Dreams (sarcastically asking his BIL, "what's a crop?"), which I saw for about the 48th time at 2 am this morning.

Reactions: colbert17
LOL 🤪
I was being optimistic and that has been missing for several years now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT