ADVERTISEMENT

President Holloway to Yale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does the border have to do with Holloway and Yale?

Back to Gaza. They are all a bunch of phonies and enjoying their division of this country while they maintain power and control. All of them.

This thread should circle back to the pro Hamas anti semitism on our campuses promoted by years of our educational institutions playing politics

• Haha
Reactions: GSGS and BossNJ
As said above, a pox on both their houses.
This is what I’ve been saying for many many years, as you know. Both sides suck.

Both sides put politics ahead of country. Both sides lie to their respective bases. Both sides engage in nonstop hypocrisy, hyperbole, fear-mongering, selective fact-finding, demonization, disingenuous messaging. Both sides define their political opposition using the worst, most extreme, most caricatured cherry-picked examples.

All this bad behavior by both sides is thoroughly self-destructive to our nation.

But the problem isn’t politicians. Politicians cannot nominate and elect themselves.

The problem lies with all the voters who keep voting for the wrong politicians for all the wrong reasons. And those same voters have forced the media to act as mouthpieces for politicians instead of holding them responsible for their actions. Because voters only want half the politicians held responsible. They don’t want to hear anything bad about their political heroes.

This has been a growing problem for decades. It’s totally out of control now. Far too many people actually believe that their “my side is better” approach is perfectly healthy for the country. Despite the incredibly obvious proof to the contrary of our perpetually abysmal congressional approval and endless presidential party pendulum.

It’s really very exasperating.

This is what I’ve been saying for many many years, as you know. Both sides suck.

Both sides put politics ahead of country. Both sides lie to their respective bases. Both sides engage in nonstop hypocrisy, hyperbole, fear-mongering, selective fact-finding, demonization, disingenuous messaging. Both sides define their political opposition using the worst, most extreme, most caricatured cherry-picked examples.

All this bad behavior by both sides is thoroughly self-destructive to our nation.

But the problem isn’t politicians. Politicians cannot nominate and elect themselves.

The problem lies with all the voters who keep voting for the wrong politicians for all the wrong reasons. And those same voters have forced the media to act as mouthpieces for politicians instead of holding them responsible for their actions. Because voters only want half the politicians held responsible. They don’t want to hear anything bad about their political heroes.

This has been a growing problem for decades. It’s totally out of control now. Far too many people actually believe that their “my side is better” approach is perfectly healthy for the country. Despite the incredibly obvious proof to the contrary of our perpetually abysmal congressional approval and endless presidential party pendulum.

I think that’s only half of it
We have lousy people to vote for….no clearer example of who is running for President

Why would anybody in their right mind go through the BS of running for office?

Washington is supposed to have the best and the brightest….we get the barely mediocre and power hungry who stay there and make a career out of it

In what other industry could the likes of AOC, Hank Johnson, Omar, Matt Gaetz, Majorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Bobert have successful careers?

They would last about 18 seconds in the private sector and these MORONS are running the f’ing country

Absorb that scary thought for a moment 🙁

Reactions: mildone

You’re smart enough to know that both sides aren’t the same but for some odd reason you prefer to straddle the fence.

The guy you’ve correctly identified as grossly unfit for office and by far the worst president in history is the undeniable leader of one party. They bow at his feet and cater to his every whim, integrity and self-respect be damned.

That’s more than enough to conclude that both sides AREN’T the same. They’re not even close.

Reactions: Shell21
Admit it, What you're really saying is that you are enamored with shirtless Puti.

R.79be3c02effe361ca1c9e33020d15429
Great leader. Cogent, articulate & measured. Does what’s right for the ppl he leads. I can say the same for all RF spokespersons (Medvedev, Lavrov, Zakharova, et el) I’ve read. stark contrast to the bumbling idiots running western countries.

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
I think that’s only half of it
We have lousy people to vote for….no clearer example of who is running for President

Why would anybody in their right mind go through the BS of running for office?

Washington is supposed to have the best and the brightest….we get the barely mediocre and power hungry who stay there and make a career out of it

In what other industry could the likes of AOC, Hank Johnson, Omar, Matt Gaetz, Majorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Bobert have successful careers?

They would last about 18 seconds in the private sector and these MORONS are running the f’ing country

Absorb that scary thought for a moment 🙁
Yep, it’s a real problem. A national security issue.

Used to be that people in congress, especially in the senate, would play up partisanship for cameras, and then once the cameras were turned off, Rs and Ds would get together for meals in Georgetown or wherever, enjoying each other’s company. Stuff would get done because both sides would work together to find reasonable compromise on stuff.

But now, compromise is considered a dirty word. The extremists (on both sides) are dominating the conversation using nonstop demonization and working hard to ensure that anybody who works for compromise is pushed out of congress.

This is insanity. It can never work for the country.

Yep, it’s a real problem. A national security issue.

Used to be that people in congress, especially in the senate, would play up partisanship for cameras, and then once the cameras were turned off, Rs and Ds would get together for meals in Georgetown or wherever, enjoying each other’s company. Stuff would get done because both sides would work together to find reasonable compromise on stuff.

But now, compromise is considered a dirty word. The extremists (on both sides) are dominating the conversation using nonstop demonization and working hard to ensure that anybody who works for compromise is pushed out of congress.

This is insanity. It can never work for the country.

Classic examples. Reagan and Tip O:Neill on Social Security in '83. Reagan and Bill Bradley on the '86 tax bill.

You’re smart enough to know that both sides aren’t the same but for some odd reason you prefer to straddle the fence.

The guy you’ve correctly identified as grossly unfit for office and by far the worst president in history is the undeniable leader of one party. They bow at his feet and cater to his every whim, integrity and self-respect be damned.

That’s more than enough to conclude that both sides AREN’T the same. They’re not even close.
I am smart enough to know that extremist liberals are every bit as complicit as extremist conservatives in creating the political environment in which so many otherwise good people can become convinced to do something so obviously self-destructive as to nominate and elect a person as unfit to lead people as Trump.

And it’s not like Biden is a poster child for fitness with his obvious cognitive decline.

It’s each side’s childish insistence on the righteousness of their side and the evil of the other side that has, over many years, led inevitably to an election with two such unfit candidates.

The argument that one side is worse is an incredibly childish, totally subjective and unprovable, waste of everybody’s time. It’s also unanswerable in any objective way. Even if there were a way to objectively define “worse” in political parties or ideologies, which there isn’t, it doesn’t matter in the slightest which side is worse.

The very debate about which side is “better” is self-destructive for the nation. It has no effect except to further divide us just when what the country most needs is to become more united.

• Love
Reactions: csphi
Classic examples. Reagan and Tip O:Neill on Social Security in '83. Reagan and Bill Bradley on the '86 tax bill.
Countless back room deals were quietly worked out. They would briefly piss off the electorate because the deals often appeared to break campaign promises made by various members of congress.

But people mostly understood that, while campaigning was all about ideological pandering, actual governing was about pragmatism and dealing with reality versus ideology. Each side would be guided by ideology, but not ruled by it.

And the electorate let it go because we understood that that was how stuff got done.

there is one side fostering anti semitism right now

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
there is one side fostering anti semitism right now
As someone who is half-Jewish, has lots of Jewish family, and tons of Jewish friends, let me be the first to say that your blatant and transparent efforts to leverage the suffering of the families of murdered and kidnapped Israelis for perceived political gain is twisted, perverse, pathetic, disgusting and classless.

You’ve sunk to an all-time low, Bac.

As someone who is half-Jewish, has lots of Jewish family, and tons of Jewish friends, let me be the first to say that your blatant and transparent efforts to leverage the suffering of the families of murdered and kidnapped Israelis for perceived political gain is twisted, perverse, pathetic, disgusting and classless.

Very odd post by you and im not taking your bait.

Its reality of what we are seeing the past 6 months. The current American President is both siding the issue to keeps his precious Michigan plus other progressive young vote from bailing. THAT sounds political. The comments by Omar are despicable.

We lack a leader who is willing to call this stuff out for what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: GSGS and BossNJ

Mildone

Let me ask you this

Is there not an anti Semitism problem with the ever growing wing of the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party?

Not trying to score political points with this question, but I think the answer is fairly obvious

Reactions: NealPageNJ
Mildone

Let me ask you this

Is there not an anti Semitism problem with the ever growing wing of the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party?

Not trying to score political points with this question, but I think the answer is fairly obvious
First of all, the term “ever growing” is a complete fallacy. The “progressive wing” is at the fringes, same as, I’m sure you will argue that the far right wing is at the fringes of the Republican Party.

Second, let’s not conflate the support for the Palestinian people and a two state solution with “antisemitism”.

Third, the campus protests which you are no doubt referring to, are not comprised of Democratic “progressives”- there is no evidence that the protestors support either political party. That is patently unlike what we saw on Jan 6th where the enemy combatants were carrying the flag of their party’s unquestioned “leader.”

Fourth, just as you accuse liberals of doing to Republicans, you are allowing the actions of the most extreme fringe voices to define your perception of the Democratic Party in its entirety. And as stated above, there is no proof these fringe voices even identify as democrats.

• Haha
Reactions: GSGS and RAHWAYBOB
I am smart enough to know that extremist liberals are every bit as complicit as extremist conservatives in creating the political environment in which so many otherwise good people can become convinced to do something so obviously self-destructive as to nominate and elect a person as unfit to lead people as Trump.

And it’s not like Biden is a poster child for fitness with his obvious cognitive decline.

It’s each side’s childish insistence on the righteousness of their side and the evil of the other side that has, over many years, led inevitably to an election with two such unfit candidates.

The argument that one side is worse is an incredibly childish, totally subjective and unprovable, waste of everybody’s time. It’s also unanswerable in any objective way. Even if there were a way to objectively define “worse” in political parties or ideologies, which there isn’t, it doesn’t matter in the slightest which side is worse.

The very debate about which side is “better” is self-destructive for the nation. It has no effect except to further divide us just when what the country most needs is to become more united.
Since you’re so convinced that there is “no difference” I’m wondering if you can identify anything even remotely similar to the below attributed to the other side.

So you think THIS, is Bac’s all-time low?

-You clearly must be new here..😂😂

First of all, the term “ever growing” is a complete fallacy. The “progressive wing” is at the fringes, same as, I’m sure you will argue that the far right wing is at the fringes of the Republican Party.

Second, let’s not conflate the support for the Palestinian people and a two state solution with “antisemitism”.

Third, the campus protests which you are no doubt referring to, are not comprised of Democratic “progressives”- there is no evidence that the protestors support either political party. That is patently unlike what we saw on Jan 6th where the enemy combatants were carrying the flag of their party’s unquestioned “leader.”

Fourth, just as you accuse liberals of doing to Republicans, you are allowing the actions of the most extreme fringe voices to define your perception of the Democratic Party in its entirety. And as stated above, there is no proof these fringe voices even identify as democrats.
So the Progressive movement isn’t growing? Seriously?

And yes….the MAGA movement is growing
Yes…I can call it both ways

And when I see sitting Congressman accusing Jews of having dual loyalty or not condemning the raping of Israeli woman or refusing to acknowledge Hamas is a terrorist organization….yea….thats a problem

And for the record….wanting a 2 state solution is not anti semitic as literally anyone with a brain wants that

And when I see sitting Congressman accusing Jews of having dual loyalty or not condemning the raping of Israeli woman or refusing to acknowledge Hamas is a terrorist organization….yea….thats a problem

And for the record….wanting a 2 state solution is not anti semitic as literally anyone with a brain wants that

And BTW, "from the river to the sea" does NOT indicate support for a 2 state solution, but rather the destruction of an existing state and possible genocide of it's population.

Reactions: GSGS and bac2therac

Feel free to identify any metric that shows the “Progressive movement” growing.

And since “anyone with a brain” wants a two state solution, care to comment on Bibi’s actual position on that solution?

From my viewpoint he falls under the category of not having a brain by you’re own definition.

This applies to both sides. But one side seems to be in denial more than the other. It's comical. They are afraid to admit or find any fault with their guy. Remember when late night TV used to do jokes about the President no matter who was the President.

b1453a65-2315-47f1-b689-3f3e9666af27_text.gif

And since “anyone with a brain” wants a two state solution, care to comment on Bibi’s actual position on that solution?

From my viewpoint he falls under the category of not having a brain by you’re own definition.

Care to comment on "from the river to the sea"?

The midwits chanting that nonsense have no idea what they are chanting about. Not surprising for brainwashed ivy league, coddled brats.

Gone WAY past the Ivy League. And actually, Princeton and Dartmouth have done a comparatively good job since last October.

Reactions: Knight Shift

For now and why do you think that is?

How can you negotiate when there are 2 different factions that can’t speak with one voice

And one of the voices has it in their charter to destroy you and just murdered innocent children and raped woman

So yea….no shit

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
Of course the PallyRally thing is paid for and election timed

Radical, anti-American admin seeking destruction is actively recruiting more soldiers. Never thought I'd live to see such a thing

Ohio St

Last edited:
This applies to both sides. But one side seems to be in denial more than the other. It's comical. They are afraid to admit or find any fault with their guy. Remember when late night TV used to do jokes about the President no matter who was the President.

b1453a65-2315-47f1-b689-3f3e9666af27_text.gif
Just so we’re all clear on the reality here, they still do.

• Haha
Reactions: GSGS
Of course the PallyRally thing is paid for and election timed

Radical, anti-American admin seeking destruction is actively recruiting more soldiers. Never thought I'd live to see such a thing

Ohio St

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Your delusional clown posts are thoroughly unbecoming.

The IDF could have gone into the urban areas with 100,000 troops and destroyed tunnels and sought out Hamas. Instead they just just indiscriminately bombed cities, to the point in which 75% of all civilian housing in Gaza is now destroyed. More journalists have been killed in the last 6 months in Gaza than all the journalists killed in WW2, Vietnam and both Gulf Wars combined. I'd say that the IDF has been VERY destructive, and intentionally so.

One thing is likely- they've created more terrorists than they eliminated in the last 6 months.
Yeah right, Hamas is only in tunnels. Hamas doesn't hide in plain sight among civilians, in hospitals, etc. LOL You should send your CV to Israel. They'll hire you immediately to lead their military.

actually, politicians are PART of the problem. Whether red or blue their first objective is to stay in power. So the public doesn't have a choice except to vote one set of lies over another set of lies.

Mildone

Let me ask you this

I have no idea what any wings of any party are doing and don't care. I don't consume political news and I don't trust other people's opinions to be well-informed because almost everybody, these days, is being misinformed through carefully orchestrated selective-fact narratives by their favorite media sources.

I mostly don't care because it mostly doesn't matter because there's nothing I can do about it. Here's why...

All I can do about politics or politicians is vote. I can only vote for a very small subset of the politicians across the nation, right? And I don't need any help at all to figure out whom to vote for or against. Especially not from perpetually biased media.

I just have no interest in being outraged or judging a bunch of politicians over whom I have no control. I mean, why? What's the point? It just seems like a massive waste of time to me.

actually, politicians are PART of the problem. Whether red or blue their first objective is to stay in power. So the public doesn't have a choice except to vote one set of lies over another set of lies.
Politicians always want to stay in power. But they cannot do that without voters voting for them. The real power resides in the voters' hands.

But the voters are failing at their job, allowing themselves to be manipulated by all the BS from politicians, parties, special-interests, and so on.

Politicians are only in it for money..they vote based on how it will effect theirs and their family pocketbooks when they leave office

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT