ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Edsall Contract Extended

I know they say be careful what you wish for, but I want Texas-Austin in the Big 10. 30 million people and growing and an endless supply of football, baseball, basketball, and probably down the line hockey and lacrosse players.
Don’t hold your breath. Why would they make life harder on themselves when they already make more $$ than all B1G ADs and have, frankly, and easy path to the playoff? Why risk the political shitstorm that abandoning other state programs would cause. Believe it or not, they really can’t do whatever the eff they want...the state leg is replete with baylor tcu and tech grads...and they control the monies...

Rationalization it is.

How many games do you believe they should they win? They play 2 FCS (Holy Cross and Yale) next year and 6 of their 10 FBS opponents have posted losing records over the past two years. Clemson (26-3), UCF (16-7), Army (14-11), and Wyoming (10-9) are their four opponents with winning records in addition to two struggling P5 teams in Purdue (6-12) and Vanderbilt (3-18). 4-8 should be considered disastrous and 6-6 being marginally acceptable. That could still be a tall order for a program who has not posted a winning record since 2010.

The crazy thing is my nephews think that 4-5 wins is a huge improvement and will shows signs that the program is "on its way back".

They're already counting UMass & Middle Tennessee as wins in addition to Yale & Holy Cross so they think they've already got 4.

As I said in my earlier post lunacy reigns over there

WPK, I have always heard UT-Austin and Texas Tech are joined at the hip. Eventually, that Longhorn Network money will be cut off and not having a Conference Network will hurt them. You know that the Big Ten people have to have checked quietly with TV people about how much money they would bring into the league. Just my two cents, but that giant is so big, it is worth bringing in the little brother Tech with them. I just can’t see the Big 12 continuing as it is 20 years from now.

Reactions: cicero grimes
The crazy thing is my nephews think that 4-5 wins is a huge improvement and will shows signs that the program is "on its way back".

They're already counting UMass & Middle Tennessee as wins in addition to Yale & Holy Cross so they think they've already got 4.

As I said in my earlier post lunacy reigns over there

RU's 2019 team under Ash would have gotten 4 wins against that schedule. RU defeated UMass and would have defeated 4-8 MTSU. Yale and Holy Cross are gimmes. Prepare yourself for their complaints that 8-4 records only get them in the Boca Raton or Myrtle Beach bowls.

Ron feels the same way I do about this...

tenor.gif

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I disagree he has leverage. UConn has essentially thrown their football program under the bus so their basketball teams could rejoin the Big East. They may be on the verge of downgrading to FCS as Idaho did a few years ago. Leaving the American Athletic Conference demonstrates that basketball calls the shots. He'd only have leverage if anyone cared about UConn football.
It was sort of a joke. They need a caretaker as they continue to run the program into ground. But honestly, who would take that job now other than him?

Duke was 100% against WVU becoming a member. Not sure what other schools also didn’t want them, but Duke was the bandleader.
If it was academics related, that's a riot considering they brought in Louisville who would never be confused for Vanderbilt academically.

The University of Louisville is the lowest ranked ACC Conference school according to US News and World report (National Universities) ranking them at #176.

The lowest ranked B1G school according to US News is the University of Nebraska ranked #133.

The lowest ranked Big 12 school according to US News is West Virginia University ranked #241.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
The University of Louisville is the lowest ranked ACC Conference school according to US News and World report (National Universities) ranking them at #176.

The lowest ranked B1G school according to US News is the University of Nebraska ranked #133.

The lowest ranked Big 12 school according to US News is West Virginia University ranked #241.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
That’s some real Backyard Brawl 🔥 🔥 right there. 😝

Nice...😎

Reactions: rurichdog
ESPN/ABC

Will the NHL be returning to ESPN.

Some news sources are reporting that the NHL and ESPN are negotiating on NHL TV coverage on ESPN.

Maybe a 7 year deal.

Good get for ESPN and its sports coverage if true.

SEC and ACC Conferences fully tied into ESPN/ABC.

Big 12 Conference will be looking to market their TV rights package after their GOR's and current TV contracts expire in 2024.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT