ADVERTISEMENT

RU's greatest B1G Comeback and a Spot On Weather Forecast - What's Not to Love?

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Incredible comeback, just incredible. Team never gave up despite horrific officiating, some terrible mistakes, and some questionable decisions/playcalls. Huge win - season saving perhaps and puts us in position to go to a bowl with just one more win. Just beat Indiana, so we can all savor the next 4 games and hope to steal one and not have to win one to be bowl eligible. Some amazing special teams play, some fantastic defense and even some great offense in that 4Q comeback, especially the incredible last two TD drives and the final drive grinding out several first downs to close this one out without any drama. Wow, just wow!

And the weather forecast was spot on, as we had a guesstimated 0.05" of rain from 8:30 am to 11:30 am (I brought my rain gauge, lol), which is well within what the NWS predicted (they had about 0.05-0.10" by about noon and it looks like we had another 0.4" during the game (report in NB as of 4 pm), which was pretty close to the 0.2-0.3" forecast by the NWS was predicting. For a bit of time it looked like it was going to be rainier for the tailgates, especially, but it wasn't. Had a great tailgate under the canopy and it was fairly mild with little wind. Got wet in the game, but that was expected, duh, and didn't even feel it in the 4Q during that amazing comeback (rain also let up near the end).

kudos to you for staying til the end

but lets note that .1 of rain can be very impactful as we saw in the 2nd quarter

kudos to you for staying til the end

but lets note that .1 of rain can be very impactful as we saw in the 2nd quarter
Thanks, although did you not stay? I haven't read any board posts yet, as I just don't do anything other than watch the games while I'm there. That would surprise me, but I get it - we started the day with 8 of our 12 person crew and 3 left at halftime, so we had only 5 stay to the end, including my one friend who is a big PSU fan, but comes to 1-2 RU games per year and he said it was one of the best comebacks he's ever seen and he's seen a lot out in Happy Valley - we might just turn him into a regular, lol

My first regular season ticket holder (other than the 2 tix I had had since 1992) joined me in 2002. He was a buddy from work, who was a huge PSU fan, but loved college football and adopted RU as his 2nd team, as he also loved Schiano as a coach and could see what he was building during 1.0, and he stayed with our group until about 7 years ago when he relocated to MD. We still talk football through the magic of the internet, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT