ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano to BC?

wcicci

Sophomore
Jan 25, 2012
Looks like BC is about to hire OSU deputy AD as new Athletic Director. All indicators are he's a strong hire. Major issues at BC with football and basketball, particularly with attendance. Addazzio hasn't done much and I would expect the Schiano rumors to start fairly quickly. Could be a great fit for BC, considering GS strength as a recruiter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruready07
would not be good for RU recruiting wise if he was that close.

would not be good for RU recruiting wise if he was that close.
Not a huge fan of Schiano as a game day coach, but certainly better than Addazio. Not even close as far as recruiting. BC has had a strong defense the last few years, even after losing DC to Michigan. Could make a lot of sense.

Would be bad for us.

Would hope GS could do better.
Define better? Tom O'Brien was pretty successful at BC for a long period of time. Would think Schiano could be as successful and probably more. Better resume and better recruiter. Expectations at BC might be good fit as well. 8-9 wins consistently, mix in a 10 win season and compete for a division title once in a while. Make a couple of million dollars living in a great city. There's always better, but that's not bad.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
We're so screwed!
f7c5beee3deed95e29cf6bb25d814944c4a5e17e02150e2823d38c8336252658.jpg

Reactions: RUSK97
Good luck with that BC.
The last college athletics story on the Boston Globe web site is from two days ago and it is about the Frozen Four coming back to the city in 2022.

Good luck with that BC.
The last college athletics story on the Boston Globe web site is from two days ago and it is about the Frozen Four coming back to the city in 2022.

The old joke about the Globe's front page. You could have a terrorist attack in Paris, a major earthquake in South America and a 500 point drop in the Dow and the above the fold headline would be:

"SOX LOSE THIRD STRAIGHT"

They don't do a bad job with college FB in season, but college wise Boston is a hockey town.

BTW, it would be at least 8 months until Schiano took over. That's a year for RU to show improvement on the field, which translates into a stronger recruiting position.

Schiano at AAC Conn will not out recruit Ash at Big Ten Rutgers,
and you can take that to the bank. Schiano is a laughing stock in most
places except for some hard core RU fans.

Schiano at AAC Conn will not out recruit Ash at Big Ten Rutgers,
and you can take that to the bank. Schiano is a laughing stock in most
places except for some hard core RU fans.
Laughing stock? WTF are you talking about? Built a program at a school that never won. Won mulitple bowl games. Won National Coach of the year. HC in the pros. Defensive Coordinator at one of the best college programs in the country. Whats laughable is your stupid statement.

Laughing stock? WTF are you talking about? Built a program at a school that never won. Won mulitple bowl games. HC in the pros. Defensive Coordinator at one of the best college programs in the country. Whats laughable is your stupid statement.
not only that, but aren't we talking about BC and not Uconn?

Reactions: RU31trap
Schiano may want back into Power 5 conference at any school right now..didnt he also apply for USF job,which is non power 5?

If Schiano turned down a chance to return to Rutgers why would he go to BC? He's looking for a higher profile job.

Reactions: bori_blanco
If Schiano turned down a chance to return to Rutgers why would he go to BC? He's looking for a higher profile job.
I don't know if he turned it down. What I heard was that the administration was lukewarm at best in bringing him back.

Will we ever know if GS was formally offered back at a fair comp package? I was one that wanted him back, however, I liked the Ash hire. But Ash needs to prove it on the field, last year was painful. #understatement

Laughing stock? WTF are you talking about? Built a program at a school that never won. Won mulitple bowl games. Won National Coach of the year. HC in the pros. Defensive Coordinator at one of the best college programs in the country. Whats laughable is your stupid statement.
1. weak conference and weaker every year weak oc schedule.
2. good defensive coordinator at a school who was on top years before him.3. Coach of the year and so was Shea before him. 4.
When they quadrupled the amount of bowls then he was able to make some. 5. a total flop as a pro coach. 6. left Flood several
criminals. Was outcoached every time he faced a coach he never coached against before. Couldn't beat New Hampshire,
or Robinson at last place Syr. 7. Surprised attacked a QB kneeling down to win a game. Left RU dry a weak before signing day.
In 11 years couldn't even tie for 2nd place after six teams left the conference. But I won't call you names just because you like
to rewrite history.
By the way I did misread Boston college not Conn.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
I don't know if he turned it down. What I heard was that the administration was lukewarm at best in bringing him back.
He really left us at the 11th hour and after saying he wasn't leaving. He left and the school had no back up plans. He sucks and glad he's not here

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Guys, guys, GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slow down.

BC will be in toilet until this guy is gone. It is weeeeeeeeeeeeell known. He won't let anyone in the door. Unless you are a superior student, certified blue chip or not, don't even apply.

220px-WilliamLeahy.jpg

William P. Leahy, S.J.
President

1. weak conference and weaker every year weak oc schedule.
2. good defensive coordinator at a school who was on top years before him.3. Coach of the year and so was Shea before him. 4.
When they quadrupled the amount of bowls then he was able to make some. 5. a total flop as a pro coach. 6. left Flood several
criminals. Was outcoached every time he faced a coach he never coached against before. Couldn't beat New Hampshire,
or Robinson at last place Syr. 7. Surprised attacked a QB kneeling down to win a game. Left RU dry a weak before signing day.
In 11 years couldn't even tie for 2nd place after six teams left the conference. But I won't call you names just because you like
to rewrite history.
By the way I did misread Boston college not Conn.
You give all the reasons why you hate him but nothing that backs up your point that all non Rutgers fans consider him a laughing stock. Talk about rewriting history!! Please tell me when Coach Shea was National Coach of the Year?? What a joke.

Reactions: Bones131
You give all the reasons why you hate him but nothing that backs up your point that all non Rutgers fans consider him a laughing stock. Talk about rewriting history!! Please tell me when Coach Shea was National Coach of the Year?? What a joke.
Never hated him or hate him now but 11 years was a long enough trial period. Shea was the Big East coach of the year, when
Miami was very often nbr 1, WV top 10 to 20, Virgina tech as high as nbr 3. BC top 10 to 20. 4. Pitt top 20 at times 5. Syr top 20.
For OC he had Texas, Notre Dame, California, Navy was up there in those days. Anderson, Graber, Burns, Shea all had Fredy G.
Greggie came in at the right time and had Bob M. repairing all the damage that had been for decades. It was Bob that got Jersey
high school coaches to send their high school players to tryout. it was Bob who got The new Jersey papers to back off for a while.
It was Bob that money coming in for stadium expansion, new score boards, and many many other things. Greg came in and did
somethings very well and others not very well with other things. I don't regret having Gregg here but my anger is with the posters
that think he should come back which in my opinion silly but not completely stupid.

Big East Coach of the Year in 1998

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT