ADVERTISEMENT

SD vs SD State Today Could Be Important to RU: Who would've thunk it?

RC66

Senior
Jun 9, 2009
Avoiding the deadly 8/9 means going to 7 seed or better.

Currently Creme has us as an 8 and SD as a 7. (Even though SD has an RPI rank of 39 versus our 24.)

SD vs SD State in Summit Conference Championship at 2:30 on Tuesday.

Rooting for State to win large to lower SD's chances of taking our 7.

Reactions: RU MAN
Avoiding the deadly 8/9 means going to 7 seed or better.

Currently Creme has us as an 8 and SD as a 7. (Even though SD has an RPI rank of 39 versus our 24.)

SD vs SD State in Summit Conference Championship at 2:30 on Tuesday.

Rooting for State to win large to lower SD's chances of taking our 7.
'66 I hear what you're saying regarding Creme's prognostication of us being an 8 in Albany with UCONN as the number one in that region. He has been wrong many, many times before, and I am really hoping he's wrong again here. I think we deserve at least a 7 and possibly a 6 even if that means we have to travel to the midwest. Of course all of this is moot when we hear next Monday on selection day.

South Dakota State beat South Dakota by 12 points on Tuesday. There is no way I can see justifying giving SD a 7th seed over us.

Of course, I'm hoping for a 6th seed, but a 7th anywhere is A LOT better than a 8th in Storrs..

South Dakota State beat South Dakota by 12 points on Tuesday. There is no way I can see justifying giving SD a 7th seed over us.

Of course, I'm hoping for a 6th seed, but a 7th anywhere is A LOT better than a 8th in Storrs..

When is the last women's conference championship game? Anybody?

The last I can see on ESPN scoreboard is IVY at 4pm Sunday.

Oh wow. Thanks. Was wondering why the women had to wait till Monday to announce. Shame they couldn't wrap up sooner and do their show sat. Instead. Feels like long time to wait between major conf. Tourneys.

Oh wow. Thanks. Was wondering why the women had to wait till Monday to announce. Shame they couldn't wrap up sooner and do their show sat. Instead. Feels like long time to wait between major conf. Tourneys.
It is like this every year. The major men's conference tournaments are played after the smaller men's conferences, and the women's side does the opposite. They don't want to reveal the women's bracket opposite the men's so it gets pushed back one more day.

It is like this every year. The major men's conference tournaments are played after the smaller men's conferences, and the women's side does the opposite. They don't want to reveal the women's bracket opposite the men's so it gets pushed back one more day.

yeah I knew it was this way every year just didn't realize they had these small ones going on which prevented an earlier release. Thanks for that.

No, it isn't - possible that UConn will get a 2 seed.

That ship sailed when they righted their ship.:rolleyes:
Considering they're ranked #2 in the nation, I find it hard to believe they'll be made a #2 in their region unless the #1 ranked team (Baylor) is placed in it and that I find harder to believe will happen.
#1seeds;
Baylor (Greensboro,)
UConn (Albany)
Notre Dame (Chicago)
Mississippi St (Portland)
note: made my seeds out before seeing Cream's latest ( the same) and he has RU seeded 8 in and would play the winner of Baylor #16 seed game if they beat the #9 seed Clemson .

No, it isn't - possible that UConn will get a 2 seed.

That ship sailed when they righted their ship.:rolleyes:
Sorry. I missed the fact that they moved up so far this week. Yes. They are a 1 seed for sure. So a 7 for us isn’t as bad as I thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT