ADVERTISEMENT

Sick of Schiano’s BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had fire in the belly to win 17 years ago. Today the only fire is to fatten his bank account and sail into retirement
What would be the minimum accomplishments by Greg to change your thinking? For me, the next step is to have a playmaking and resourceful QB who is a leader who can move the chains.

Reactions: Zimm80
Amazing some of the utterly stupid things people say

Heck of an imaginary narrative you created in your mind
Go out and win games. Go at least 6-6 with 3 conference wins. Is that asking too much in Y4 ? How is that “utterly stupid”?

What’s stupid is that you basically said he is resting on his laurel and coasting

Yes….that is a stupid thing to say
He gets paid no matter the results. It’s really a scam. It’s not a stretch to suggest he wanted to come back to boost his financial status. He’s really more of a politician than he is a hungry HC looking to build a program which ironically was built pretty good before he bolted to Tampa

He gets paid no matter the results. It’s really a scam. It’s not a stretch to suggest he wanted to come back to boost his financial status. He’s really more of a politician than he is a hungry HC looking to build a program which ironically was built pretty good before he bolted to Tampa
Hell of a narrative that you created in your mind

GS apologists have to be worse than gonorrhea
The most absurd thing about them is when they try to pretend that Schiano's critics are impatient and have unrealistic expectations, as if expecting the team to score anything at all against a middle-of-the-road program in the last game of the 3rd season is in any way unrealistic. It's cuckoo land to be anything but dismayed by such bad play.

It’s a 16 year rebuild. Not fair to judge him in the first 8. Gruninger’s fault. I predict things will really pick up in year 10. Good chance at the #9 Big10 bowl in Winnipeg.
It’s a 16 year rebuild. Not fair to judge him in the first 8. Gruninger’s fault. I predict things will really pick up in year 10. Good chance at the #9 Big10 bowl in Winnipeg.
The 2040 season will be when things start rolling.

you do realize he took over a program that was 9-39 the previous 4 years.
3-21 the two years prior to his hiring.
He might not have built Rutgers into a winning program, yet, but did make a bowl game in 2021, even if lower standers RU won enough to be eligible for an invite and go to the Gator..
Some might try and put that down, but can't deny the fact RU went toa bowl in Greg2's second season.
Kansas was 9-60 in the 5 years prior to Leopold showing up. Got to a bowl game in his second year without needing another team to drop out to play in it. Their future looks pretty good.

The 2040 season will be when things start rolling.
Yes and by then this Schiano-apologist fan base will forever be awestruck walking past shiny 30 ft tall GS statues at every stadium entrance and parking lot, even the game day lots at the renamed Gregory Schiano Athletic Center. I heard there’s already a movement for Schiano Field @ SHI Stadium. He started it.

Last edited:
Yes and by then this Schiano-apologist fan base will walk past shiny 30 ft tall GS statues at every stadium entrance and parking lot, even the game day lots at the renamed Gregory Schiano Athletic Center. I heard there’s already a movement for Schiano Field @ SHI Stadium. He started it.
And that’s after a 5-7 season

Reactions: RutgersSam
GS apologists have to be worse than gonorrhea
shut your claptrap 😉when talking out of your butt 😁
This year G2 should prove the haters wrong by putting a competitive tean on the field that shows the promise of future winning seasons.

• Haha
Reactions: RutgersSam
shut your claptrap 😉when talking out of your butt 😁
This year G2 should prove the haters wrong by putting a competitive tean on the field that shows the promise of future winning seasons.
And if he doesn't, we begin the slow march towards sending the dinosaur to the tar pits and hiring an offense first HC like a modern football team.

Like I've said for years with enduring criticism in response, Schiano is a relic who reached his peak in coaching long ago. If people are expecting some kind of miracle renaissance under GS at 57 years old with his stubborn, outdated, simpleminded ways and consistently poor gameday coaching, you have a lot of mental anguish in your future. His career is rife with failures interspersed by occasional mediocre accomplishments in a substandard conference a generation ago. At this point, it's just humorous watching him attempt to navigate modern college football, and then give his standard litany of excuses after each humiliating loss (the complete annihilation at the hands of supposed near-peer Maryland at the end of his 4th season is an apt compendium to his career). It's even funnier that we have fans who still think he's some kind of program-saving football genius.

Last edited:
from the apologist who believe in Greg, what is your timeline from today? 1yr, 3yrs, 5yrs?

simple question, why deflect?
I'm not deflecting. I'm teasing.

I couldn't care less about all this gnashing of teeth over the coach. I have no dog in this hunt. I never wanted him back in the first place, but he's here now and not going anywhere for at least for another couple years.

I'm not the RU AD, so it's not my problem. Venting my spleen repeatedly about something over which I have zero control isn't my idea of a fun way to pass the time. But y'all have fun with it.

Meanwhile, I see LOTS of value and fun in teasing my fellow forum-member friends when they make overly-aggressive posts, especially about STDs. That shit's just pure low-hanging-fruit fun. 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
About the thing? Or the other thing?
About the Gary thing.

Like you, I wasn't wild about him coming back in the first place. I think he's a career underachiever. I think his management style is better suited to an episode of "Mad Men" than to a 21st century football team with new transfer rules and NIL and social media pervasiveness. I think his coaching style is equally outdated. I believed, 3+ years ago, that the shine would wear off his apple by year 4 and that the fan based would begin to feel the deja vu of lacking incremental progress.

The only thing that's changed between then and now is that now I genuinely don't care. If the team performs poorly this season, I'm happy to take my 35 years as a season ticket holder, pack them away with my home VHS collection and go boat shopping.

Funny thing - I was at a family event on Sunday and my nephew-in-law, who is an RU grad and a big fan, was asking me about this coming season. We agreed it probably won't amount to much. Then he told me about a former co-worker who had Jets season tickets for years and decided to save the money, buy a boat and watch the games on TV floating at anchor. "Best decision he ever made".

It could very well be that, a year and a half from now, I'm doing the same thing. You're more than welcome to jet down to the Bahamas and join me in watching us get crushed by half the teams in the B1G. 😉

Who do you suggest we replace him with? And don’t say the guy at Kansas … and Deion is not leaving Colorado for Rutgers.
Haven't really thought about any candidates, since Greg contract is long. But I've been calling for KC Keeler, since Greg first left

The problem is that the B1G is the # 1 conference for OL
Ohio St, Wisconsin, Iowa are among top 10 for NFL players
Other B1G teams are not far behind
RU still has BE OL

RU cant just run straight at the LOS
RU ran the option mutation with Pacheco
They knew he couldn't run into the LOS so they strung him out to the sidelines hoping he could burst a space.
The problem was that instead of RB running out to the edge and taking a pitch the way Army does
The coaches had a handoff from QB - what a FB would do in option offense
So Pacheco was taking a handoff from QB as if he was a FB but then he was trying to scamper out to the edge.

This goes to the constant fear of "mistakes" that permeates RU offense
Obviously they didn't trust the pitch to the edge - -funny because Army rarely fumbles pitches.
So they were running a "dive option" mutation that never worked because B1G defenses are too fast
RU was designing a pitch-option that was just making "broken plays" on purpose.
Army rarely fumbles pitches because their players and coaches understand the fundamentals of their offense. That's been missing at RU.

from the apologist who believe in Greg, what is your timeline from today? 1yr, 3yrs, 5yrs?
year 5 winning season, year 4 might not be a winner but sure signs of improvement seeing the way team plays .

It's not instant gradifcation like some are demanding , then whining because that didn't happen./
It's 2 steps forward , one step back and then forward progrss starts in earnest continuing until RU FB becomes a respected program again by G2's 6th year
But the haters don't want to admit it takes time for a program like RU to become respectableand thwy claim Schiano was a bad hire while implying the elite College HCs were banging on Hobbs' door but he didn't answer their call.

Big fish in the little pond. I’m not surprised he hasn’t gotten a bigger offers with that resume. Oh yeah, I think GS won the NATIONAL coach of the year. But I’m sure that’s not as good as conference coach of the year (not sure what conference Citidel is in). GS was offered the Mich job and got a NFL HC job. Not sure how that stacks up against JMU and ECU. I go back to year 4, tied for 7th in the AAC with Navy.
It's certainly not as good a winning a conference championship which was the other aspect of that sentence that you conveniently chose to ignore, remind me again what year Greg has ever won a conference title? Let alone taking 2 sperate Programs to NC's. Lord knows also we're never seen a guy with proven track records of success at lower levels turn around notoriously losing programs in the P5... Oh wait, there's that Leipold guy who'se doing exactly that!

GS was offerred the Michigan job in 2007! 16 YEARS AGO! This is the problem with the Greg Cult, ya'll are so wrapped up in the past and have absolutely no idea how much the modern game has changed. Greg Schiano swore up and down this team would be "better in November", we were 0-5 in November and got b*tchslapped along the way. You're talking about a coach who was too chicken sh*t to run a 2 min drill with 3 timeouts before halftime in a game we lost by 6... A coach who opened his third season with the single biggest joke of an offensive series in the history of CFB by trotting out 3 seperate QB's for 3 seperate snaps. That alone is worth firing a guy over! "better in November" give me a BREAK!

Michigan offered Schiano after the dinosaur Lloyd Carr retired, I PROMISE you, Michigan had absolutely no interest in Schiano at the time they hired Harbaugh. Heck they had like 4 coaching changes between harbaugh and Carr and never once offered Greg the job again, why do you think that is??? Jimmy Johnson was a hell of a college coach back in the day, Miami's had however many coaches in the last 2 decades, why haven't they called Jimmy back?

As for Houston, the reason he hasn't gotten the "big Job" yet is because he hasn't taken the easy way out. He has been offered DC jobs at major schools along the way and turned them down because he's only interested in being a HC, he's gone on record saying this.

But hey, keep drinking the Greg-Ade... Lord knows when this all ends each of you who are wrapped up in the past need to learn the lesson once and for all, YOU DON'T HIRE RETREADS THAT LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE WANTS!

Last edited:
Loyd " the Dinosaur" Carr wasn't too shabby as the Werewolves HC .
Those that disparage his time at Michigan probably have verry little understanding of what it takes to be a winner at a program like Michigan and the type of coach elite programs go after when trying to replace a winning HC
Carr's a proven winner

Head coaching record​

College​

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Michigan Wolverines (Big Ten Conference) (1995–2007)
1995Michigan9–45–3T–3rdL Alamo1917
1996Michigan8–45–3T–5thL Outback2020
1997Michigan12–08–01stW Rose21
1998Michigan10–37–1T–1stW Florida Citrus1212
1999Michigan10–26–2T–2ndW Orange55
2000Michigan9–36–2T–1stW Florida Citrus1011
2001Michigan8–46–22ndL Florida Citrus2020
2002Michigan10–36–23rdW Outback99
2003Michigan10–37–11stL Rose76
2004Michigan9–37–1T–1stL Rose1214
2005Michigan7–55–3T–3rdL Alamo
2006Michigan11–27–1T–2ndL Rose98
2007Michigan9–46–2T–2ndW Capital One1918
Michigan:122–4081–23
Total:122–40

So get lost and stop posting you will not be missed! The team has many talented players you are just too stupid to see it!
ummm, just let the record show that if a team has "many talented players" and goes on a 1-8 stretch to finish the season, the coach should probably be fired....

Reactions: tico brown
About the Gary thing.

Like you, I wasn't wild about him coming back in the first place. I think he's a career underachiever. I think his management style is better suited to an episode of "Mad Men" than to a 21st century football team with new transfer rules and NIL and social media pervasiveness. I think his coaching style is equally outdated. I believed, 3+ years ago, that the shine would wear off his apple by year 4 and that the fan based would begin to feel the deja vu of lacking incremental progress.

The only thing that's changed between then and now is that now I genuinely don't care. If the team performs poorly this season, I'm happy to take my 35 years as a season ticket holder, pack them away with my home VHS collection and go boat shopping.

Funny thing - I was at a family event on Sunday and my nephew-in-law, who is an RU grad and a big fan, was asking me about this coming season. We agreed it probably won't amount to much. Then he told me about a former co-worker who had Jets season tickets for years and decided to save the money, buy a boat and watch the games on TV floating at anchor. "Best decision he ever made".

It could very well be that, a year and a half from now, I'm doing the same thing. You're more than welcome to jet down to the Bahamas and join me in watching us get crushed by half the teams in the B1G. 😉
I can't attend games in person at this point anyway, so I'll watch on TV and if the game gets out of hand, go do something else.

I do miss the tailgating though. So if possible, I'll try to get out for a bit of that this season and then head home prior to the start of the game.

Boating sounds way more fun and if one is willing to pay for it, one can always watch the games from the boat.

Like I've said for years with enduring criticism in response, Schiano is a relic who reached his peak in coaching long ago. If people are expecting some kind of miracle renaissance under GS at 57 years old with his stubborn, outdated ways and consistently poor gameday coaching, you have a lot of mental anguish in your future. His career is rife with failures interspersed by occasional mediocre accomplishments in a substandard conference a generation ago. At this point, it's just humorous to watch him attempt to navigate modern college football, and then give his standard litany of excuses after each of humiliating loss. It's even funnier we have fans that still think he's some kind of program saving football genius.
things boring over at BWI Sam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT