ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament Thread: NCAA Wrestling Championships Session 6, Saturday 8pm, FINALS W SURIANO V LEE !

Well that sucked. Nickal sounds like a complete jerk. Every other wrestler even the psu guys were gracious winners but this guy Geez. Every other wrestlers emotions were running high after their win, this guy just took it way too far.

Agree that Nickal could have been more gracious, and normally would be. But he was still super amped up, having just stuck his opponent with a high-risk move that sealed the national team title for his team. And then Quint Kessenich sticks a microphone in his face. So I'm gonna cut Nickal some slack in this case.

Agree that Nickal could have been more gracious, and normally would be. But he was still super amped up, having just stuck his opponent with a high-risk move that sealed the national team title for his team. And then Quint Kessenich sticks a microphone in his face. So I'm gonna cut Nickal some slack in this case.
Hate that 1 second after the match interview ...kid can't breath...I mute the friggin sound

I saw not a single wrestler act like he just did. Most were gracious to their opponents and for the ability to win a national title even the other psu winners. Every other wrestler just went through an emotional event yet were able to compose themselves during their interview. What did they not put in hours and win a national title?

Are you now trying to attack me personally, with the "if your skin is that thin" line? That once again is the mindset of a 10 year old. Which I am seriously starting to suspect is either your age or mental capacity.
I'm a PSU guy and I'd have preferred that he didn't say what he did. It's a tough situation. You're fighting for a personal national title, a team national title and you have an entire stadium of people cheering for the other guy. You get a big pin and the second you walk off the mat, they shove a microphone in your face. I wish they'd do away with those interviews. It's not fair to the wrestlers. It's a no win situation. That being said, he's really the only one that said anything close to offensive. However, that's typically not his style so I'm willing to let it slide a little bit.

I used to enjoy the BWI site but it’s a giant circle jerk. Haven’t posted there in a while.

Which part is controversial? That mark halls biggest fan is mark hall? Or that PSU wrestling is become the same as the patriots when it comes to culture?

Yes, PSU wrestles well.

What did you say that was controversial? How about the entire first paragraph where you described our team as a brainwashed cult operating under mind control of their coach? These are awesome kids with great personalities. Many of them have deeply rooted faith and are highly active in the community and with charitable organizations. Its an ignorant statement and not even remotely true.

How about the part where you disparaged Mark Hall? You won't find a nicer young man anywhere. Everything with him is yes mam yes sir when talking to fans, tournament officials, reporters etc. Does he exude emotion when he wins? Sure sometimes, same as Bo, but who cares? These guys dedicate their entire lives to being the best possible wrestlers that they can be. The NCAA Championships are the pinnacle for these kids at this point in their careers. If they're excited let them express themselves. The clearest indication of Mark's True Character came after suffering the biggest set back of his career. After losing to the better man on Saturday Night no one would have batted an eye if he felt like sulking for a bit. That said he was the first person off the mat to congratulate Bo upon winning his match. You'd be lucky to know him.

As for your Patriots Jab all I can agree with is that they are two programs that win. A lot.

The clearest indication of Mark's True Character came after suffering the biggest set back of his career. After losing to the better man on Saturday Night no one would have batted an eye if he felt like sulking for a bit. That said he was the first person off the mat to congratulate Bo upon winning his match. You'd be lucky to know him.

We get crucified when we post on BWI by comparing us to the 2014 PSU v Rutgers football game disgusting fans. Resent it for years so no we won't go post over on your site about how we feel because of the color glasses you wear same as the color glasses we wear. Our fans only see Mark Hall celebrating and not his off the mat persona as humble as he may be. I made a comment on Bo's behavior from last year thanking God to this year's but it was tongue in cheek so I'm sure you would spin it as a distasteful comment. Further NS handled his defeat gracefully and gave all credit to Lee but good luck finding any comments from the BWI as a positive in his camp.

Lastly you guys come on here or your site and continuously label us as Jersey trash and we would rather fight you then wrestle but Deluca aside as has been discussed we wrestled you guys tough. So again most of our "kids" you would be lucky to know. Comments come with the forum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT