ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Court-Storming.. Duke Filipowski hurt..

Clueless, three of them were near the sideline guarding players when the whistle blew.The one that ran off was near the baseline where the rush was coming from, he would have been trampled by the way that WF fans came on the court. Filipowski was well away from them when the whistle blew. He was going to be engulfed no matter what he did based on his distance to the bench.

I get people don’t like Duke but stop making stuff up. First it’s he tried to trip the fan which is why he got hurt, now he still he didn’t hustle off. What’s going to be the cherry on top for our tinfoil hat crew?
Proctor was further but still made it to the bench. Flip was upset and clueless.

Court stormings are fun but not necessary. They look nice but it’s an add-on not a critical component of entertainment and needs to be banned. The stormers and the school employees hold all the responsibility.

Wouldn’t be surprised if players started rightfully suing schools for lack of crowd control (if players get hurt as a result).
Decades of players have dealt with it just fine, but it’s now this pressing danger? Soft as hell.

Clear trip, Mrs. Filipowski
Send me your contact info so I can pass it along to several neurologists that I know.

He's trying to leave the court and has people running full speed at him. None of which tried to avoid him. But yeah he tried to trip someone intentionally. That would have resulted in a fight on the court.

Send me your contact info so I can pass it along to several neurologists that I know.

He's trying to leave the court and has people running full speed at him. None of which tried to avoid him. But yeah he tried to trip someone intentionally. That would have resulted in a fight on the court.
The tape don’t lie.

Quick way to end court storming: you do it, you now LOSE the game.

Quick way to end court storming: you do it, you now LOSE the game.
Disagree. Players shouldn't be punished due to their successful performance that led to fans' misbehavior.

Should Isiah Pacheco be denied a Super Bowl ring because Chiefs fans battled with guns at the victory celebration?

Like I posted earlier, punish the students by way of public embarrassment and expulsion. This would be an effective deterrent.

Reactions: shields
Something needs to be done about it…I’m in favor of taking the soccer model of unruly fan behavior being penalized by the team having to play a future home game without fans. Force the school to take a significant $ hit making it important for them to police it, and also give fans a potential penalty for not staying in their seats.

Reactions: WhiteBus
If you think we wouldn’t storm the court if we beat #8 Dook/Seton Hall at RAC, you are clueless.
We beat #10 Indiana at the RAC last season and didn’t storm the court. We also beat #11 Wisconsin like two weeks ago and didn’t storm the court.

Last edited:
If you think we wouldn’t storm the court if we beat #8 Dook/Seton Hall at RAC, you are clueless.
In 2019, court was stormed after beating #22 Seton Hall. Fonseca was on the court too. He has a Youtube video showing it all.

Doubt we'll see Duke at the RAC anytime soon.

Reactions: RUDeac
Something needs to be done about it…I’m in favor of taking the soccer model of unruly fan behavior being penalized by the team having to play a future home game without fans. Force the school to take a significant $ hit making it important for them to police it, and also give fans a potential penalty for not staying in their seats.
Some conferences like the SEC have fines for field/court storming that get progressively larger (100k/250k/500k) with if incident. Others like the ACC don't have anything in place. No idea if the B1G has a policy on it.

Reactions: Fat Koko
Some conferences like the SEC have fines for field/court storming that get progressively larger (100k/250k/500k) with if incident. Others like the ACC don't have anything in place. No idea if the B1G has a policy on it.
I don’t believe that we do…and even with the SEC fines, it doesn’t seem to do much (if anything) to deter it.

I like the whole aspect of storming the court, the issue is it happens too often. Wake was a 2.5 pt favorite yesterday. I get it, the fans don’t know that and Duke was 8th in the country. But Wake is about to make the NCAA tournament. Maybe they feel like little brother because they haven’t been good for so long, but this wasn’t court storming worthy.
I also feel like the students really rush the courts like a massive wave. They’ve been mayhem the last few years

I like the whole aspect of storming the court, the issue is it happens too often. Wake was a 2.5 pt favorite yesterday. I get it, the fans don’t know that and Duke was 8th in the country. But Wake is about to make the NCAA tournament. Maybe they feel like little brother because they haven’t been good for so long, but this wasn’t court storming worthy.
I also feel like the students really rush the courts like a massive wave. They’ve been mayhem the last few years
Those guys that are first to "storm" the court for a game like this are just trying to be d16ks. Look at this kid most likely sauced running full speed coming at filpowski using his hand or phone to taunt. Look at it full speed and this other kid is being extra, you're going to storm the court, relax just jog on or whatever. This guy running full speed trying to do other movements while running and sauced. Filpowski should have slapped some sense into him.

Those guys that are first to "storm" the court for a game like this are just trying to be d16ks. Look at this kid most likely sauced running full speed coming at filpowski using his hand or phone to taunt. Look at it full speed and this other kid is being extra, you're going to storm the court, relax just jog on or whatever. This guy running full speed trying to do other movements while running and sauced. Filpowski should have slapped some sense into him.

It’s wild, you see the one guy even try to push him from behind
I can’t believe ppl think he’s trying to trip someone. The man is 7 foot, he’s literally taking a normal stride for someone his size. It’s unacceptable behavior. The Caitlin Clark collision was absolutely egregious. The one dumb fan running a million miles an hour with no clue of her surroundings. This can’t happen.

I like the idea of storming the court - it adds to the A1 atmosphere of a college game. However, you have to start figuring out a way to give safe passage to at least the opposing team (if not also the home team) back to the locker room.

This reminds me a lot of the Iowa women's court storming earlier in the year...people want to blame Clark for the contact, or say that she was acting. Then we learn that she had the wind knocked out of her on the hit, and the reaction seems pretty normal for someone in that situation.

This an example of how social media trolls push a certain narrative for engagement. Tabloid media outlets and shock jock radio DJs have always done stuff like this. But majority of people didn't read the enquirer or listen to Howard stern and skip Bayless. But now everyone is trying to get attention and everyone scrolls social media all day. Now days really silly opinions gain traction and the more people keep seeing it, it becomes official. I see so many people criticizing this filpowski guy for likes on twitter. I was just joking about him slapping the guy but he might as well have.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Not sure what goes through the mind of a college aged kid.

The reality here is at schools like Duke or Alabama in football - if you lose on the road there is a high risk of court /field storming. Has the coach of any school prepared their players mentally for such outcomes remains to be seen.

You should have to avoid a tidal wave of fans when your team loses

That fan deserved to get tripped so it’s a moot point imo. They were out of control. Cant let that happen.

He kind of seems like a pussy to me, falling down and over acting like he did! I’ve had worse runs in my own kitchen with my kids!
It looks like someone running at full speed went knee to knee with him...that can hurt like a bitch if you get caught the wrong way (and doubtful that this often happens in your kitchen).

Reactions: Pils86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT