ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Court-Storming.. Duke Filipowski hurt..

Yes I have. Difference is my kids aren’t 7-foot, 250 pound pussies. He obviously overreacted. Wasn’t even injured. Won’t miss any game time.
I didn't know you were a doctor AND his doctor. Small world.

It looks like someone running at full speed went knee to knee with him...that can hurt like a bitch if you get caught the wrong way (and doubtful that this often happens in your kitchen).
He’s not missing any time in the next game and they didn’t even deem it bad enough to get it x-rayed. Big Dukie wuss!

He kind of seems like a pussy to me, falling down and over acting like he did! I’ve had worse runs in my own kitchen with my kids!
It did kind of look like the Iowa flopper haha. Glad they’re both ok of course.

So Duke makes a big deal about it and the kid ends up playing 30 minutes last night.

So Duke makes a big deal about it and the kid ends up playing 30 minutes last night.
So we need to wait until someone gets hurt more seriously before we try to fix this problem? Part of the expectation for these guys playing on a top team is that you'll get knocked around, but as long as you don't miss any games, we shouldn't care?

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
So we need to wait until someone gets hurt more seriously before we try to fix this problem? Part of the expectation for these guys playing on a top team is that you'll get knocked around, but as long as you don't miss any games, we shouldn't care?
My point is you'd think he broke his leg or tore his ACL the way Scheyer was crying about it after the game.

Funny, don't remember Coach K ranting about it when Duke fans stormed Cameron Indoor during his tenure.

Reactions: RUDeac
Funny, don't remember Coach K ranting about it when Duke fans stormed Cameron Indoor during his tenure.
I don't hear Rutgers fans complaining when the officials make a bad call that favors Rutgers...yet when a controversial call goes the other way, many here are ranting about it. Why is that?

Obviously hits closer to home for Duke when one of their players gets hurt during the incident.

I don't hear Rutgers fans complaining when the officials make a bad call that favors Rutgers...yet when a controversial call goes the other way, many here are ranting about it. Why is that?

Obviously hits closer to home for Duke when one of their players gets hurt during the incident.
Except he didn't get hurt.

It just rubs me the wrong way that court stormings have been happening forever, including at Duke. And there have been legit injuries as a result!

But as soon as someone runs into a Duke player, we need to have an immediate national conversation about it.

It just rubs me the wrong way that court stormings have been happening forever, including at Duke. And there have been legit injuries as a result!

But as soon as someone runs into a Duke player, we need to have an immediate national conversation about it.
There is a difference between "didn't get hurt" and "didn't get hurt badly enough that he missed a game several days later" or "didn't get hurt badly enough that he needed an MRI". You can get banged in the knee and have it hurt like an MF'er, but not need an MRI and be able to go again a few days later...that doesn't mean that you weren't hurt.

Funny post from Barstools Deacon:

Remember when

Flop-owski was brutally injured in the most barbaric court rush ever and carried off, virtually ending his career, resulting in country wide discourse about player safety and banning court storms?

He plays tonight with 0 injury designation.

How people are storming the court now is a lot more dangerous. There is no regard for the player’s safety or that they are even paying attention to the players.

Guess it won’t matter to some of you until the home team loses a player when their fans storm the court. Only a matter of time before that happens by some drunken idiot.

Funny post from Barstools Deacon:

Remember when

Flop-owski was brutally injured in the most barbaric court rush ever and carried off, virtually ending his career, resulting in country wide discourse about player safety and banning court storms?

He plays tonight with 0 injury designation.
Don't remember that at all...but it does make a solid strawman.

I'm telling you lol he should have slapped him, he would of been better off. Just say he feared for his safety because of the guy making hand gestures while running full speed across his face. Twitter and social media trolls are like revenge of the nerds, lol it's guys just like the kid that ran into him..those guys run social media so filpowski is going to lose this battle of public opinion.

Don’t disagree with you at all as Wake watching from TV seemed to be one of the fastest court storms.

Yet the amount of injuries is minuscule over 60 years. The Duke reaction was way over the top and lose credibility when he wasn’t really hurt. And Floppy like Caitlyn aren’t helping matters when they arguably initiated and certainly didn’t shy away from some of the contact.

Duke conveniently ignored their own field storming in football.

No straw man. Just the facts. Lots of sanctimonious commentary.

Worse storming injury I can remember is MSU players jumping on MSU player after blocking punt and returning for touchdown against Michigan and breaking his leg.

Oh wait that was players not a storming.

Pandemonium in Piscataway is the greatest moment in RU football history.

RHJ buzzer beater to beat Purdue and ensuing court storming possibly greatest moment in RU hoops history.

Remember win over PSU at Back to the RAC. Court Storming! Players on the rim.
Kept a poster of that for a few years.

No straw man! Just sayin’! Be careful what you wish for!

Last edited:

Fans were on the court in a matter of seconds after that game was over... see video queued up to the end of the game. Within 10 seconds, the court was almost completely filled with fans.

Reactions: G- RUnit
We beat #10 Indiana at the RAC last season and didn’t storm the court. We also beat #11 Wisconsin like two weeks ago and didn’t storm the court.
We stormed the court after beating #22 Seton Hall and #9 Maryland.

My point is you'd think he broke his leg or tore his ACL the way Scheyer was crying about it after the game.

Flip himself was literally crying when he left the court. People are soft nowadays.

Worse storming injury I can remember is MSU players jumping on MSU player after blocking punt and returning for touchdown against Michigan and breaking his leg.

Oh wait that was players not a storming.

Pandemonium in Piscataway is the greatest moment in RU football history.

RHJ buzzer beater to beat Purdue and ensuing court storming possibly greatest moment in RU hoops history.

No straw man! Just sayin’! Be careful what you wish for!
Unfortunately, the way everyone acts now, it's better to keep people off the court and away from the players. Can't just "storm" the court. Have to do it while recording and trying to create a viral moment. While looking as cool as possible and what better way to go viral than disrespecting or getting into it with a rival teams player. Can't risk it in today's troll culture.. everyone is trying to create "gotcha" moments. Keep these guys off the court..

Last edited:
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
We stormed the court after beating #22 Seton Hall and #9 Maryland.
Yea we did. Four years ago. We also hadn’t had a winning season in 13 years at that point so maybe not the best thing to use as a comparison?

Yea we did. Four years ago. We also hadn’t had a winning season in 13 years at that point so maybe not the best thing to use as a comparison?
Oh now you know the situations are different. Then why is it a problem that Wake stormed the court against a #7 rivalry team? Wake has been awful for over a decade. Maybe do some research before making such comments.

Oh now you know the situations are different. Then why is it a problem that Wake stormed the court against a #7 rivalry team? Wake has been awful for over a decade. Maybe do some research before making such comments.
You guys finished 19-14 last year and 25-10 the year before that.

And as I stated in my initial post, they were favorites to win that game. It is dumb to storm the court when you are favored to win a game.

Reactions: biazza38
You guys finished 19-14 last year and 25-10 the year before that.

And as I stated in my initial post, they were favorites to win that game. It is dumb to storm the court when you are favored to win a game.
Wake had two Ash-leve hires before Forbes and hasn't been to the non-Dayton NCAAT for 14 years.

I'm not sure if sports betting was a thing in 2006. If it was, we would be favored against Louisville as well, being a 7-0 home team. Most of the fans don't know much about the spread. Brand and ranking matter more than the spread in this case.

Wake had two Ash-leve hires before Forbes and hasn't been to the non-Dayton NCAAT for 14 years.

I'm not sure if sports betting was a thing in 2006. If it was, we would be favored against Louisville as well, being a 7-0 home team. Most of the fans don't know much about the spread. Brand and ranking matter more than the spread in this case.
I think both of you guys make fair points.
I think the issue with court storming is it’s happening too often. Should we have stormed the court against Seton Hall in 2019? Probably not. I don’t remember if we were underdogs against Maryland that year. But should Wake have stormed the court against Duke? I get it, it’s a rivalry game, but they’re a borderline top 25 team and 2.5 point favorites. I think we can agree that court storming has gotten a tad out of hand when a team that were favored to win court storm. And it’s not just Wake, it happens a lot. On the flip side, I get it, the fans don’t know that, and they’ve been bad. But that’s why we end up with situations like the one from last week and the Caitlin Clarke incident. It’s happening too often

Reactions: cm_13
Caitlin Clark almost got injured a month ago. They’re fun - and I’ve participated - but not worth risking player safety.
all players can say they ALMOST got hurt in a court storming.. and Filipowski and Clark each played following their injury/near injury

Filipowski intentionally tripped a unc player today fwiw.
And pretended he was injured afterwards.

Also... These Duke fans who threw a fit about Wake storming the court... these are the same people who were throwing stuff at the UNC players yesterday right?

Such an unlikeable program.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
And pretended he was injured afterwards.

Also... These Duke fans who threw a fit about Wake storming the court... these are the same people who were throwing stuff at the UNC players yesterday right?

Such an unlikeable program.
And yet it's impossible to root against them when they play those two-decades-of-fake-class cheats just to the west of them.... UNC is literally a "classless" program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT