ADVERTISEMENT

And the insults keep coming....Van Pelt destroys us on SportsCenter

Even if it didn't rain, the north and west end zones had approximately 10,000 visiting Michigan fans, which looked more like a maize/blue/black checkerboard. Next time we try something like that, it should definitely be against a lesser-traveling opponent, one with scarlet/red colors, or both.
I'm still tryin to figure out what direction our end zones face

You do blackouts and stripe outs against the Howards and Norfolk States not Michigan
I think we should probably skip the crowd color gimmicks entirely until we become more competitive again. For a couple reasons.

First, the Howards and Norfolk States come early season when it can be really hot. So forcing people to wear black might not be well received.

Second, I kind of feel like such things should be reserved for big games, not predictable wins. So maybe give it a couple years without and then reintroduce the blackout against MD or something. A game we'll most likely have a more realistic chance at winning.

But I agree, in general, with your sentiment that we might want to skip such things in games that could be blowouts.

Reactions: RU31trap
Scott Van Pelt and another sportscaster laughing histerically, even two days after the game about the score and the spread of the game. Then goes on to mock us by saying "At least you Striped the Birthplace".

Embarrassing!!!!

We are ONCE AGAIN the joke of college football.

What an embarrassment??!!

Can we once and for all move out of the basement of college football??!!

Schiano had it going and then bailed. Flood was hurried hired, mostly to save the recruiting class, and then proceeded to destroy all that Schiano had built.

Now we are back to rock bottom again with Ash trying to build the program again.
Of course, he changes everything so even the veterans on the team are like first year players learning a whole new system.

I am so sick of having Rutgers laughed at and ridiculed.

Reactions: RU31trap
Rock bottom was Buffanova.

We got absolutely throttled by 2 conference foes who happen to be two teams that might be the best in the country.

We beat another D1 team and played another conference game to a 14-7 score. That wasn't happening in the early GS years.

Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. Let's see how we do Saturday against another conference mate who is in a similar position as we are.

We are light years away from the top dogs in the conference. As are a lot of other B1G teams, and they have been at it much longer.

This is why we need to stop chasing after the gimmicks and overdone fads like blackouts, trying to stripe the stands and the like and get back to the basics.
Because Scott Van Pelt is laughing at us? Sorry, but I'm not taking my cues from him any more than I want to see us chase gimmicks and fads.

SVP is a tool-

thinks he's hippy, funny, and they do stupid camera stuff with his bald head.

I hate espn, and hope the Oprah winfrey network (OWN) wins the next set of bids for televising NCAA football and NFL, let ESPN keep the crappy video X games and poker

ESPN can suck my big, droopy, shriveled, silver fox colored pubic haired nutsack

Too bad the media doesn't devote their attention to what has gone on at the University of No Classes. That is story line of importance.
"The Media" are capable of paying attention to academic impropriety at UNC and athletics incompetence at Rutgers at the same time.

Gimmicks are nice when you are winning. They become the wave when you arent..As far as SVP goes lets grow some skin and balls.In our locker room world this is what our current performance merits.

Scott Van Pelt and another sportscaster laughing histerically, even two days after the game about the score and the spread of the game. Then goes on to mock us by saying "At least you Striped the Birthplace".

Embarrassing!!!!
Just got to deal with it. Washington, Ohio State and Michigan each built a woodshed around us and plated it gold.

And we also need to stop posting about everyone who takes a swipe at us. We got our clocks cleaned, move on.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

I am so sick and tired of all of the whining and name-calling when it comes to people in the media. If anyone else lost by the scores we've lost by, you don't think it would get some special mention? You don't think there would be jokes? Stop being so paranoid and acting as if everyone is out to get us. We're the ones nobody thought should be in the Big Ten, and this is a very rough patch for us. Endure it and move on, because things will get better.

Rock bottom was Buffanova.

We got absolutely throttled by 2 conference foes who happen to be two teams that might be the best in the country.

We beat another D1 team and played another conference game to a 14-7 score. That wasn't happening in the early GS years.

Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. Let's see how we do Saturday against another conference mate who is in a similar position as we are.

We are light years away from the top dogs in the conference. As are a lot of other B1G teams, and they have been at it much longer.

Some good points but in 2001 we did lose by only 7 to a still good Syracuse team and we beat Navy for our second and last victory that season. But I agree the beatings we took that year were worse coming at the hands of lesser teams.

You guys are all hypocrites, as if you worry about kids when you rip Syracuse and BC every chance you get.

78-0, and they laid down
We're not on TV and most of us have played competitive sports. We know how much it sucks to lose. SVP doesn't. Not hypocritical at all.

Rutgers has had a few giant blowout losses.. true. But we haven't been in the Big Ten very long, have not had the advantages that such a conference brigs very long and it will be awhile before we have the money that such a conference membership brings.

And other P5 teams suffer blowouts without their whole state and the nation's media throwing up their hands and proclaiming they should change conferences.

Some examples (highlighting those were someone failed to score a TD):

1995 Nebraska 77 ASU 28
1995 Florida State 77 N. C. State 17
1983 Nebraska 84 Minnesota 13
1993 Florida 58 LSU 3
1985 Miami 58 Notre Dame 7
1996 OSU 72 PITT 0
1997 UCLA 66 Texas 3
2008 USC 69 WSU 0
2005 Texas 70 Colorado 3

2007 Ohio State 58 Northwestern 7
2001 Michigan State 55 Missouri 7
2003 Oklahoma 77 Texas A&M 0
2000 FSU 54 Clemson 7
2007 Virginia 48 Miami 0
2002 PSU 61 Michigan State 7
2000 Oklahoma 63 Texas 14
2004 Texas Tech 70 Nebraska 10

We are ONCE AGAIN the joke of college football.

What an embarrassment??!!

Can we once and for all move out of the basement of college football??!!

Schiano had it going and then bailed. Flood was hurried hired, mostly to save the recruiting class, and then proceeded to destroy all that Schiano had built.

Now we are back to rock bottom again with Ash trying to build the program again.
Of course, he changes everything so even the veterans on the team are like first year players learning a whole new system.

I am so sick of having Rutgers laughed at and ridiculed.
The University and a very inexperienced AD in my opinion are ultimately at fault for what we are about to witness during the next 2 or 3 seasons. First and foremost they cheaped out big time by bringing in a Co-D.C and two very inexperienced OC/DC's. We may be in the B10 but we are paying AAC wages. Finally, we hire a head coach who is hell bent on implementing a brand new system which is unfamiliar to our most experienced athletes and will most likely take 3 years to work. Then we sit back and kvetch when sports personalities make us look like a comedy sitcom.

Reactions: RU old timer
..when sports personalities make us look like a comedy sitcom.
tenor.gif

Reactions: rurichdog
The University and a very inexperienced AD in my opinion are ultimately at fault for what we are about to witness during the next 2 or 3 seasons. .

I think most - finally - would beg to differ at WHO is "at fault" here. Pretty simple: Kyle Flood.

Kyle Flood is not really at fault. He is not a talented head coach. It is Tim Pernetti who panicked about one recruiting class so he hired someone not qualified to be a Power 5 head coach--and the program descended into football hell (on and off the field). Tim got a pass on this because he brought us into the Big 10--for which he deserves tremendous praise as an AD. But Tim's choice of a football coach wrecked the football program.

Kyle Flood is not really at fault. He is not a talented head coach. It is Tim Pernetti who panicked about one recruiting class so he hired someone not qualified to be a Power 5 head coach--and the program descended into football hell (on and off the field). Tim got a pass on this because he brought us into the Big 10--for which he deserves tremendous praise as an AD. But Tim's choice of a football coach wrecked the football program.
Nice post. TP hired Flood because he saved the class as you mentioned but also because he was cheap. I believe less then 800K a year before incentives. Let's see if Ash can give us a winning season in 2019. The fanbase is giving him 3 years.

Sure, he was hired by TP and it was a lousy, cheap hire, but it wasn't TP who ran the program into the ground, sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT