93 La Tech 159 UMASS
119 SD State 204 Lafayette
187 Princeton 216 Drexel
191 Portland State 249 Bryant
262 Troy 291 Niagara
295 North Alabama 313 NJIT
328 Western Illinois 328 Caldwell
151 Average 189 Average

I think it is using the RPI SOS formula.

It's about as useful as a random number generator.

One thing this season has taught me is that the NCAA selection process is super, super, super, super dumb.

Reactions: ILikePike
There is basically no chance this happens.

while I have RU ahead of Indiana by a couple of notches, Indiana has a far easier schedule going forward. They could easily go 3-2 which locks them in, 3 home games but even if they dont beat PSU I still think 2-3 would be enough. They dont have any bad losses or obvious flaws just a nagging NET overall rank. I really do not see an issue with them going now that they got a Q1 road win.

because its likely considering opponent schedule and their scheduling
isn't that captured by NET?

If you look at both teams OOC I don't see how one can conclude ours wasnt easier. Use any metric you want.

being simplistic....
ACC SEC ACC AAC
VS
BE ACC

at 88, yes.....because another loss somewhere will likely shove them to 100....the selection committee sure aint giving a team with 100 net rank an at large

and for the record their rpi is 93

sos 332...hahhahahahaha

i was defending RU!!!

this is an absurd take....we have 10 clearly in right now...who are the two you are removing and tell me who is moving in over them

we already are basically locked in for 8 currently
Purdue and Illinois could be in jeopardy with 2 more losses.

[QUOTE="NewJerseyHawk,

I will point out a trend of leagues perhaps seeing top programs "mail-in" games against bubble teams in late Feb to early March....not saying that league commissioners are playing puppets, but each league has to maximize their leagues. If a strong seeded team can sacrifice a game and not have it impact their status, I'm certain it is considered by someone, somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Add Arizona St beating Oregon to the list. There seems to be enough of these top ranked teams losing to conference bubble teams to warrant suspicion.

ASU approaching lock status with a massive win over Oregon. Stanford stays in the picture with a win at last place Washington, and tough loss for USC at Colorado. Mixed bag but PAC 12 almost certainly looking like a 5 bid league.

isn't that captured by NET?

If you look at both teams OOC I don't see how one can conclude ours wasnt easier. Use any metric you want.

being simplistic....
ACC SEC ACC AAC
VS
BE ACC

NET was a recognition by the NCAA that team wide efficiency was a better measure of strength than just straight wins and losses like RPI. Unfortunately, they decided to just keep measuring SOS by the RPI method instead of what they said was a better way.

It is very dumb but it is what it is.

Reactions: fluoxetine
ASU approaching lock status with a massive win over Oregon. Stanford stays in the picture with a win at last place Washington, and tough loss for USC at Colorado. Mixed bag but PAC 12 almost certainly looking like a 5 bid league.

Arizona State is better than Oregon at this point.

If this were true they would let USC beat Colorado.

This isnt happening

Arizona State is better than Oregon at this point.

If this were true they would let USC beat Colorado.

This isnt happening

What isn’t happening? They have 4 locks in ASU, Arizona, Oregon, and Colorado. Are you saying that both USC and Stanford aren’t getting in?

I actually wanted to reply to the post above you

the idea of some conspiracy theory that leagues are having certain schools lose to have more schools get at large bids..that an insane theory

the example I just gave was USC

USC is no sure thing, they are falling closer to the at the last 4 in line. Stanford is in trouble themselves, barely in or barely out depending on what bracketologists you look at....so they have 4 locks but the other 2 are up for debate

Im just saying no one ordered Oregon to lose to ASU

the idea of some conspiracy theory that leagues are having certain schools lose to have more schools get at large bids..that an insane theory

I hope no one believes this.
........and maybe we can dream of one why the officials are against us.

We have 443 fouls called on us and only 472 called on our opponents.

Reactions: bac2therac
And when are the fouls called...

And when are fouls not called?

Last edited:
P12 only has 3 locks, one likely in Arizona St, one 50/50 in USC, and one possibly in Stanford.

About equal chance they end up with 4 or 5 bids, not much chance of 3 or 6.

Arizona St is definitely not a lock but they are in good shape.

Updated Seedings as we head into the weekend

1: BAYLOR, KANSAS, SAN DIEGO STATE, GONZAGA

2: MARYLAND, DAYTON, DUKE, FLORIDA STATE

3: SETON HALL, LOUISVILLE, VILLANOVA, CREIGHTON

4: WEST VIRGINIA, KENTUCKY, COLORADO, ARIZONA

5: PENN STATE, AUBURN, OREGON, MICHIGAN STATE

6: BUTLER, IOWA, MICHIGAN, OHIO STATE

7: MARQUETTE, ILLINOIS, WISCONSIN, TEXAS TECH

8: HOUSTON, BYU, LSU, RUTGERS

9: ST MARY'S, ARIZONA STATE, FLORIDA, INDIANA

10: VIRGINIA, RHODE ISLAND, XAVIER, OKLAHOMA

11: WICHITA STATE, USC, NORTH CAROLINA STATE/STANFORD, UTAH STATE/GEORGETOWN

12: EAST TENNESSEE STATE, NORTHERN IOWA, LIBERTY, STEPHEN F AUSTIN

13: YALE, AKRON, VERMONT, NORTH TEXAS

14: NEW MEXICO STATE, UC IRVINE, HOFSTRA, MONTANA

15: WRIGHT STATE, COLGATE, LITTLE ROCK, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

16: WINTHROP, AUSTIN PEAY, NORFOLK STATE/ ST FRANCIS, PRAIRIE VIEW/SIENA

LAST 4 IN: GEORGETOWN, NORTH CAROLINA STATE, UTAH STATE, STANFORD

LAST 4 OUT: RICHMOND, PURDUE, ALABAMA, CINCINNATI

NEXT 4 OUT: PROVIDENCE, VCU, MISSISSIPPI STATE, CLEMSON

Reactions: fluoxetine
I actually wanted to reply to the post above you

the example I just gave was USC

USC is no sure thing, they are falling closer to the at the last 4 in line. Stanford is in trouble themselves, barely in or barely out depending on what bracketologists you look at....so they have 4 locks but the other 2 are up for debate

Im just saying no one ordered Oregon to lose to ASU

I hope no one believes this.
........and maybe we can dream of one why the officials are against us.

We have 443 fouls called on us and only 472 called on our opponents.

Unfortunately, there are conspiracy theorists at every turn. Teams aren't tanking games under orders of the conferences (that is truly laughable) and refs don't have it in for us - they are far from perfect, missing calls and sometimes it's unfairly lopsided, but that can be in either direction (most often for the home team as several studies have shown), but that's just human fallibility.

Unfortunately, there are conspiracy theorists at every turn. Teams aren't tanking games under orders of the conferences (that is truly laughable) and refs don't have it in for us - they are far from perfect, missing calls and sometimes it's unfairly lopsided, but that can be in either direction (most often for the home team as several studies have shown), but that's just human fallibility.

Like both Michigan games.... Food for thought!

Sticking head in the sand if believe fouls even out. We R getting the short end of stick. How do you quantify when calls are made as well as calls that are not made?

Last edited:

The Kelly Pfeifferoids won't have this explanation

Sticking head in the sand if believe fouls even out. We R getting the short end of stick. How do you quantify when calls are made as well as calls that are not made?

If you are like any of the fans around me you are 70% wrong when you complain about a foul or infraction and of course never make note when we get a call.

Reactions: Night Man

472 fouls on opponents to 443 fouls on RU, overall, and 258 fouls on opponents to 271 fouls on RU, in the B1G (and 276 FTs for opponents and 274 FTs for RU). Pretty even in the B1G, which is what most people are concerned with (especially since we're more aggressive defensively than most other teams), so not sure how you can say things aren't pretty even. First Michigan game I thought was too lopsided in fouls, but not the other night, where it was 17-13 (RU-UM), which makes sense, as we fouled a few near the end.

VCU blown out at St Louis and they are officially eliminated from any bubble consideration totally

NEXT 4 OUT: PROVIDENCE, MISSISSIPPI STATE, CLEMSON, ARKANSAS

Reactions: gregkoko
VCU blown out at St Louis and they are officially eliminated from any bubble consideration totally

NEXT 4 OUT: PROVIDENCE, MISSISSIPPI STATE, CLEMSON, ARKANSAS

But doesn't it put St.Louis officially on the bubble?
Like many years A10 and P10 most interesting going into conference tourney and usually some one steals a bid... Remember UCLA?
After Dayton, You have Rhode, Richmond, St. Louis, Duquesne, slumping VCU and even St. Bonnie could go on a roll.
PAC 12: If UCLA goes on a roll you have Oregon, AZ, ASU, Colorado, USC, and Stanford?
On the positive side not sure if any mid majors out there that lose conference tourney that would get/deserving of a bid.

ADVERTISEMENT