ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS 3/3/2020

Iffy foul call bails Rhode Island out. They maintain a pulse.

for seeding and there still exists a small chance the committee dings RU for its road mark and they wind up in the first 4...again its a small chance but I wouldnt rule it out entirely

That would be ridiculous. Have to think that is less than 5% possible with most of the bubble teams losing today.

Wow watching on App. Foul with two seconds left. Makes you wonder....

Last edited:
Don't sell Rhode Island short. They could win the A10 tourney. Although I'm an RU fan, I live in NC and go to every Davidson game. Davidson beat them at home in OT, but they were the most impressive team I saw in the A10 this year. (Dayton didn't play here this year). The A10 is a much better conference than most people think, not the big 10, but good.

no chance....Richmond is above them in everything..you do realize that Rhody net is like 58 coming into today, will this win today matter...their only win is Providence..that is an incredibly weak resume..how can they get in over Wichita St/Cincy/Memphis or Stanford or UCLA or Texas.

Don't sell Rhode Island short. They could win the A10 tourney. Although I'm an RU fan, I live in NC and go to every Davidson game. Davidson beat them at home in OT, but they were the most impressive team I saw in the A10 this year. (Dayton didn't play here this year). The A10 is a much better conference than most people think, not the big 10, but good.

they have been awful of late...their only wins are by 1 point to bad teams Fordham and St Joes...they get seeded 3 and will get a 6 seed Duq or St Bonnies

Cincy is dead if they lose at home to Temple about 5 minutes left
5th Q3 losses.

yes...hopefully this happens and it helps and hurts Wichita, Wichita was swept by Cincy yet they will move to top of bubble in AAC. However if they lose to Tulsa tomorrow they are in trouble too. Still this is a conference that can produce a winner besides Houston with Tulsa now projected so I think ultimately 2 from this league

Cincy rallies, then Temple hits 3 to take lead with 10 seconds, Cincy misses shot, Temple does not box out and Cincy hits putback to win

live to see another day....they could be top seed in AAC if Tulsa loses tomorrow

I’ve watched Butler play 3-4 times this year and I don’t think I’ve seen Baldwin miss a shot. He is such a good shooter. I don’t want Butler

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I’m also starting to think Washington can win the Pac12 tournament and steal a bid

ywhat a game....Butler dominated yet Xavier rallied back and looked like they were going to win it, Butler takes lead, Xavier retakes lead and money 3

Xavier is going to be on everyone first 4 bracket now. I believe they get Nova in the Big East quarters so they are in trouble.

Reactions: biazza38
ywhat a game....Butler dominated yet Xavier rallied back and looked like they were going to win it, Butler takes lead, Xavier retakes lead and money 3

Xavier is going to be on everyone first 4 bracket now. I believe they get Nova in the Big East quarters so they are in trouble.
Xavier fell to the 7 seed and starts with DePaul, then Nova if they win their first game.

that De Paul game will not help them. They really needed this one. just wins over Seton Hall, Providence and Cincy. Strong sos of 5 and no bad losses but they need more when you start comparing them other others.

Arizona lost to Washington at home

Colorado lost at Utah

The credibility of the Pac 12 has taken major hits in league play.

Arizona has lost 4 of last 5. Colorado has lost its last 4

This conference will not get 7 bids. Wins once thought of as strong are now just good wins. Alot of schools with good wins but with the exception of Oregon the resumes are not strong

Oregon up 36-31 over Stanford at halftime

Colorado lost at Utah

This conference will not get 7 bids. Wins once thought of as strong are now just good wins. Alot of schools with good wins but with the exception of Oregon the resumes are not strong

I started betting this season and wow you cannot trust a big home favorite in the Pac 12 this year.

Colorado lost at Utah

After watching a Pac12 game last week I said no effing way this conference deserves that many bids. You’ve been on it and they are finally collapsing

the comparison of atmosphere in the big 10 when you go on the road vs going on the road in the pac 12 is unbelievably stark
do they at least have the same problem we have with the, umm, regulatory atmosphere?

yeah i mean if not for that ridiculous outlier net of Zona which will still likely have them at worst 16 tomorrow they whole profile of the conference would be way down. I think some have situated better than others but its looking like UCLA/Stanford is an elimination game and the winner may need to win the next game

Memphis going down at Houston, missed shot at a big win to get them back in the mix. Need to win the AAC tournament now.

Hampton went 8-10 in their conference but are leading the Big South title game over 15-3 Winthrop.

Winthrop would be far more fun to have in the tournament.

Wow, I'm watching Md/Mich and I can see why Hampton is in the Big South Final they have 2 players in the top 10 scoring in the country, both averaging over 22 a game. Stanley (So) 22.2 and Marrow (Sr.) 25.0

Last edited:
Wow, I'm watching Md/Mich and I can see why Hampton is in the Big South Final they have 2 players in the top 10 scoring in the country, both averaging over 22 a game.

131st ranked offense, 348th ranked defense. Guessing they flipped up the defensive intensity in the BSouth tournament.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Winthrop would be a dangerous 15 seed.

Beat St. Mary's, lost by 13 at Duke, 3 at ETSU, 3 at Fresno State.

Best player was a high-major signee (DJ Burns, Tennessee).

Would not want to be their 2 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT