ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS 3/3/2020

Arkansas losing at TAMU.

Texas got destroyed by Oklahoma State.

Alabama lost yet again.

Utah State losing to San Diego State.

all the SEC schools played their way out today. Good news for the AAC, Richmond, and Utah State

3 Big 12 bubbles in some serious trouble

Buzz Williams has A&M over .500 in SEC league games in Year 1....the rest of the SEC wants to avoid them in Nashville.

Buzz has us Aggie fans thinking bright future...10 SEC wins when many thought 4 would be a stretch...yes I know the SEC is not a strong BB league but still...damn impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Utah St. is in, I think they were in before the auto bid. NCAA has a history of putting teams in with meh resumes with outstanding players like Sam Merrill, their Trae Young and so on.

wow

I thought the San Diego shot with the ball with 30 seconds was garbage..wtf kind of play was that...terrible beyond belief

Utah State punches their ticket but its not RU's spot they took

wow

I thought the San Diego shot with the ball with 30 seconds was garbage..wtf kind of play was that...terrible beyond belief

That's all that matters.

Utah St is very good the dude Merrill is for real

And likewise SDSU is not #1 seed worthy. They're good but top 4 in America? I don't think so. Hey I hope they get it and I hope they're in our bracket.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
As long as we don't play Utah State. I think that would not be a good matchup.

unfortunately its a possiblity. However Myles would matchup well with their big guy. Merrill would be tough to handle but beyond that we are very strong defensively, I dont see their defense as incredible

unfortunately its a possiblity. However Myles would matchup well with their big guy. Merrill would be tough to handle but beyond that we are very strong defensively, I dont see their defense as incredible

Is there a list of teams that we could possibly play that are good and bad matchups for RU that you can put together so we can start looking at possible opponents?

We could finish tied 5th but
0-1 OSU, 0-1 Iowa, 1-1 PSU, 0-2 UM
Sucks we only played MSU, OSU and Iowa road.
Other top 4 Teams 1-1, WIsc, Md., Illini, PSU

B1G tried to keep us down. Not today!!!!!! Last three out of four away. Joke. Refs finally fair today and low and behold we won!

Oklahoma big road win @ TCU.
TCU CHOKED that game away. That lead for Oklahoma was the ONLY lead they had, and won, because TCU up 12 with less than 5 minutes left, played conservatively and then couldn't hit a damn shot or FT.

wow

Glad for Utah St.- wouldn’t want to play them in NCAA’s.

damn that was a huge lead for TCU...Oklahoma somehow wins...probably the only bad result today along with Utah State

Magnifies the Texas loss now.

working on getting the Big 12 tourney matchups

looks like Oklahoma plays WVU...so wow was that huge win for Oklahoma today. Not sure they have to beat WVU but that would lock them in, might have some cushion

Texas and Texas Tech will square off in a 4/5 game....its could be an elimination game though Texas Tech may have some breathing space. Texas MUST WIN that game.

If 7 MSU wins B1G tourny or 6 Duke, 8 Louisville or 11 FSU wins ACC tourny, do they get a 1 seed over SD ST, MWC final, or Dayton if they don't win the A10? I think it's a good possibility. Dayton has the stronger SOS over SD St. and Gonzaga. Kansas is a lock, Baylor is hurting their chances at a 1 seed but still should be a #1, tied with Kansas for most Q1 wins with 11.

If 7 MSU wins B1G tourny or 6 Duke, 8 Louisville or 11 FSU wins ACC tourny, do they get a 1 seed over SD ST, MWC final, or Dayton if they don't win the A10? I think it's a good possibility. Dayton has the stronger SOS over SD St. and Gonzaga. Kansas is a lock, Baylor is hurting their chances at a 1 seed but still should be a #1, tied with Kansas for most Q1 wins with 11.

Kansas and Baylor are locks. I think Dayton needs to win A10 to be a 1. Gonzaga is 1. I suppose if both Dayton and Gonzaga lose early there is a possibility that Michigan State or ACC champ could sneak in but its thread the needle.

Why does a rooting guide even exist anymore? Rutgers is safely in.

for seeding and there still exists a small chance the committee dings RU for its road mark and they wind up in the first 4...again its a small chance but I wouldnt rule it out entirely

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT