ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the one who said you hope people break into my house. You are demented, and the fact that the cronies like your post is further evidence of that. All of your posts in here are rambling, personal and political.
No .. what was said is “ wait until someone breaks into your house then you can give them what they want”...I don’t wish harm for you or anyone... exactly a falsehood statement and accusation by you once again...Greg 2020 look at how you do the same as everyone on the left... blame , accuse and always claim you are the victim...

Reactions: Caliknight
Be careful with get togethers you may have this summer or 4th of July. Came across this story of 18 family members in Texas getting infected due to a surprise birthday party. 1 member passed it to 7 others at the party who then passed it to 10 other family members. 3 members were hospitalized 2 have returned home to recover and 1 elderly 80yr old who didn't attend the party still in the ICU and has received a plasma donation. Party was "only a few hours" they said but IMO that is more than enough for the time element to be met.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/25/surprise-birthday-party-coronavirus-cases-texas-family/

Reactions: Greg2020
Ya NJ advance media made up fake quotes from the health department and is lying about what the health department said. It was on tv, I saw it with my own eyes, they accurately quoted it. This is why we laugh at your posts. You don't even believe a quote from NJ.com that was said live on tv, that anyone tuning in saw with their own eyes.
NJ Advance ? Honesty? Unbiased? Accurate? No Agenda? Greg 2020 you actually follow these bloggers? Sad very sad.

Be careful with get togethers you may have this summer or 4th of July. Came across this story of 18 family members in Texas getting infected due to a surprise birthday party. 1 member passed it to 7 others at the party who then passed it to 10 other family members. 3 members were hospitalized 2 have returned home to recover and 1 elderly 80yr old who didn't attend the party still in the ICU and has received a plasma donation. Party was "only a few hours" they said but IMO that is more than enough for the time element to be met.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/25/surprise-birthday-party-coronavirus-cases-texas-family/
Our family still had a BBQ and take out for Mother day , Memorial Day and expect it for Fourth of July. They don’t go out much except for grocery shopping and always wear a mask. Not much exposure to outsiders.

Way too many people not taking the virus seriously.

Our family still had a BBQ and take out for Mother day , Memorial Day and expect it for Fourth of July. They don’t go out much except for grocery shopping and always wear a mask. Not much exposure to outsiders.
One article had a picture from the party and it was indoors and they weren't wearing masks. I think being outdoors is better and wearing a mask if it happens to be indoors and trying to keep distance can only help

The science is behind the actions taken. Fitness centers for instance were a great call. As were bars and restaurants. Super-spreader events happened in SK at those type of venues. There is a reason many of the states grouped the places opening back up the way that they did, and that such groupings were similar.

Completely closing gyms was not a good idea. Maybe at first, but then as we learned more about the disease, we could have let them open with limited capacity and masks required. We could have tried to be safe and give them a chance to stay in business at the same time. Instead, we said, just go out of business, but let's let liquor stores stay open. If you do get this virus, being in good shape is a great way to fight the disease, but we took the gyms away and let the liquor stores stay open. It was an arbitrary decision. What do you say to the gym owner who lost his life savings that went out of business now? Sorry, you lose, you should have sold liquor, try getting a job at Amazon.

Took a few days off from the thread and wow...it has really devolved. Regardless, I believe we have done the thread a disservice by not including more talk regarding the role of nutrition and covid. There have been some passing mentions of obesity and it is an undisputed leading risk factor but there is more to explore here. Obesity is a function of the western diet and the way we eat is egregiously pro inflammatory. Adipose tissue is a key mediator in the inflammatory response and this has been known for a while. We know microinflammation is a driver of many of our most common health problems. Those health problems are also our largest covid risk factors. Unless you've been hibernating the last 4 months you already know that type 2 diabetes, hypertension, coronary heart disease and systemic vasculopathy are the most prominent risk factors after age. What does each one, without exception have in common? Inflammation. Bottom line...I think a closer look at the American diet deserves a lot of blame in reference to the disproportionate number of cases in the US. The book entitled The China Study does a wonderful job highlighting the consequences and comparisons of the western diet vs the Asian diet (though I am no advocate of eliminating animal proteins altogether).
Does that eastern diet include eating bats?

Analysis from JPM on their cardholders and Johns Hopkins case tracker with regards to restaurant spending.

• JPMorgan analyzed data from 30 million Chase cardholders and Johns Hopkins University’s case tracker and found that higher restaurant spending in a state predicted a rise in new infections there three weeks later.
  • In-person restaurant spending was “particularly predictive.”
  • Conversely, higher spending at supermarkets predicted a slower spread of the virus.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/26/thi...urant-spending-and-new-coronavirus-cases.html

You're welcome! Carbs may by cheaper, but how can SK have 1/10 of the obesity rate with a much lower income/GDP per capita if it's only about cost? Something else is driving this. Perhaps culture and availability? Perhaps lack of knowledge?
Asian diets are vegetable heavy. Yes, there's a lot of carbs in terms of rice and wheat products, but almost everyone is vegetable dominant when eating at home. Also, portion sizes in the US are ridiculous when eating out. I know everyone wants to get their money's worth, but getting a 24oz ribeye is excessive.

Asian diets are vegetable heavy. Yes, there's a lot of carbs in terms of rice and wheat products, but almost everyone is vegetable dominant when eating at home. Also, portion sizes in the US are ridiculous when eating out. I know everyone wants to get their money's worth, but getting a 24oz ribeye is excessive.
I always laugh with disgust at what constitutes a “small“ soft drink at WaWa or McDonalds. And we wonder aloud why Americans are so obese.

I’m been posting on the BWI board. The Biden supporters are beating up on the a Trump followers on their board. It use to be a Trump board but everybody smell a Biden victory.

Since you brought in politics I'll reply, but politics should be kept off this board, remember

You'd seriously vote for someone who is senile and shot like Biden?

We know he's just being propped up like a mannequin.

Reactions: biker7766
Completely closing gyms was not a good idea. Maybe at first, but then as we learned more about the disease, we could have let them open with limited capacity and masks required. We could have tried to be safe and give them a chance to stay in business at the same time. Instead, we said, just go out of business, but let's let liquor stores stay open. If you do get this virus, being in good shape is a great way to fight the disease, but we took the gyms away and let the liquor stores stay open. It was an arbitrary decision. What do you say to the gym owner who lost his life savings that went out of business now? Sorry, you lose, you should have sold liquor, try getting a job at Amazon.
In Massachusetts,the head shops were open as well.

A few weeks ago, weren’t the true believers saying that the “great” governors from Texas and Florida were going to show the way as far as reopening, and prove how ridiculous the restrictions were in the NE?

How’s that narrative going for you???

A few weeks ago, weren’t the true believers saying that the “great” governors from Texas and Florida were going to show the way as far as reopening, and prove how ridiculous the restrictions were in the NE?

How’s that narrative going for you???
The DNC told their Red Chinese buddies to send over another strain for the South and Southwest.

Reactions: biker7766
You are not helping out the stereotype that engineers have poor reading comp. Obesity increases the likelihood of serious complications by 4x to 6x. Not your downplayed 2x which you pulled out of thin air. Please stick to the facts instead of personal attacks (which is your MO when you get angry).
No, you have failed to grasp anything I've written. I never said obesity wasn't an issue, just that it's a minor issue when comparing South Korea to the US and death rates per capita. Again, if we had South Korea's 6 deaths per 1MM, due to far, far fewer cases (resulting from much better interventions), we'd have about 2000 deaths not 125,000 deaths. Even if we threw in the BMI multiplier of 2X, which was not out of thin air at all (very unlikely greater than that based on the linked study which shows hazard ratios for mortality of 1.27-2.27 depending on the level of BMI) that's 4000 deaths, as I said. It's pretty obvious that success of interventions to reduce transmissions and deaths is far, far more important than obesity or other risk factors. Pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about isn't really a personal attack - it's simply a service to the community.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.06.20092999v1.full.pdf

You are obsessed with politics you can't make a post not about it. The destruction of the CE board must have ruined you.
No you really are dumb... did you not bring the same on a number of separate occasions ... example : the NJ Advance is a politically oriented media rag... which is nowhere near it’s origins back in the 50-60-70’s... known as the Newark Evening News and later merged with the Star Ledger... they ACTUALLY printed news content... had ACTUAL news reporters...ACTUALLY were factual... enjoy posting to yourself .

Last edited:
No you really are dumb... did you not bring the same on a number of separate occasions ... example : the NJ Advance is a politically oriented media rag... which is nowhere near the o it’s origins back in the 50-60-70’s... known as the Newark Evening News and later merged with the Star Ledger... they ACTUALLY printed news content... had ACTUAL news reporters...ACTUALLY were factual... enjoy posting to yourself .
More politics. Shut up already. Go play on the Penn State politics board.

No science behind shuttering gyns all summer

Shutting gyms down is one question, CV transmission is another. Fact is lots of research supports greater transmission when A) people are grouped indoors B) there's air conditioning C) people are breathing and inhaling vigorously.

Chinese researchers recognized early that CV was airborne. S Korean researchers found workout studios were more dangerous. We all know the story from US where 60 church choir members went to practice and 45 became positive and 3 died

Sweaty Group Workout Classes Have Been Linked to Coronavirus Infections
https://people.com/health/group-workouts-linked-coronavirus-infection/

How 9 people in a restaurant got the coronavirus thanks to the placement of an air conditioning unit
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-restaurant-air-conditioning-gave-nine-people-covid-china-2020-4

Last edited:
Greg 2020 “ I don’t post political fodder” ... you are an imbecile for attempting to claim that others were the reason for the CE boards demise ...always making excuses , blaming everyone else and of course playing the victim as usual...you’re a good and obedient sheep.
Well it certainly wasn't me I posted there I think like twice. All you have are personal insults because you can't come up with anything else. Hope you are not a rutgers grad.

Reactions: thegock and bossnj1
That is unfortunate, but pandemics have consequences. South Korea has had numerous super spreading events from gyms. They are a danger to public health. The government can support them financially if they choose. Life isn't fair.

So we can just say life isn't fair and throw out all logic, reasoning, common sense, and morally just actions. Got it. You're really delusional. If I see a guy get murdered by police on TV, I'm going to say something. What do you do, just say life isn't fair? What the hell is wrong with you? Can't you even have the slightest bit of empathy? Were you born completely devoid of all compassion?

It would not have taken much effort to look at what happened in South Korea and say, hey, they got this part wrong. Maybe they can allow weights to be used, but not treadmills. Maybe they could have allowed treadmills, but spaced out. Whatever the best solution is, an effort could have been made.

Reactions: Caliknight
I always laugh with disgust at what constitutes a “small“ soft drink at WaWa or McDonalds. And we wonder aloud why Americans are so obese.
Well, how much soda is actually in a small? I would guess maybe 8oz with the remainder ice. Most people get the larger sizes.

So we can just say life isn't fair and throw out all logic, reasoning, common sense, and morally just actions. Got it. You're really delusional. If I see a guy get murdered by police on TV, I'm going to say something. What do you do, just say life isn't fair? What the hell is wrong with you? Can't you even have the slightest bit of empathy? Were you born completely devoid of all compassion?

It would not have taken much effort to look at what happened in South Korea and say, hey, they got this part wrong. Maybe they can allow weights to be used, but not treadmills. Maybe they could have allowed treadmills, but spaced out. Whatever the best solution is, an effort could have been made.
Lol there is logic and reasoning and tons of posters have pointed it out to you. Shared equipment, indoor space, heavy breathing, and many outbreaks from South Korea occurred in these places. How many times do we have to repeat it? Just because you don't like the logic doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You don't seem to care about people dying from this just business that are harmed. You just go on and on about how lockdowns bad, meanwhile they saved hundreds of thousands of lives, brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers, and children.

i think a bunch of folks need a timeout from this thread. if you guys want to keep sniping at each other while not adding any new info or points of discussion, take it to twitter or somewhere else.

to bring this back to somewhat relevant conversation...

the south african appeals court has rejected the appeal by tobacco companies to overturn the alcohol and tobacco sales ban. the country has banned the sales of most tobacco and alcohol in response to the Covid crisis, saying that they are non-essential life sustaining products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT